UChicago 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:14 pm

The Stig wrote:
UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 3: Comm. meeting tomorrow. We will start releasing decisions Monday.
51 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply


MONDAY!!!!

:shock: Why do I refuse to get off of TLS. It's never good for my health (insert Dr. Steve Brule reference). I have a thesis to write, otherwise that line's going to have to be pulled off of my resume and my (hopeful) acceptance would be revoked anyway. :x

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kk19131 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:15 pm

If I'm not among the first to hear I'll be highly upset.

Monday will be the 102 day since I went under review.

:lol:

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
The Stig wrote:
UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 3: Comm. meeting tomorrow. We will start releasing decisions Monday.
51 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply


MONDAY!!!!

:shock: Why do I refuse to get off of TLS. It's never good for my health (insert Dr. Steve Brule reference). I have a thesis to write, otherwise that line's going to have to be pulled off of my resume and my (hopeful) acceptance would be revoked anyway. :x

Because TLS is freaking addicting.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby The Stig » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm

UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 4: Decisions will be on large group of files. Sorry for the wait - files have been strong and Comm. has some tough decisions.
23 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply


interesting....

they are definitely reading TLS!
Last edited by The Stig on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Hmmmm

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm guessing they say that every year. Though it wouldn't surprise me if this is a more competitive cycle than last year.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby dbrddr » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm

UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 5: This one's for those of you who don't have unlimited texting.
47 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm

The Stig wrote:
thecilent wrote:
The Stig wrote:
UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 3: Comm. meeting tomorrow. We will start releasing decisions Monday.
51 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply


MONDAY!!!!

Gah! I knew they were behind schedule and all this 'later in the week' business was crap.

Mondayyyyyyyy


UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 4: Decisions will be on large group of files. Sorry for the wait - files have been strong and Comm. has some tough decisions.
23 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply


interesting....

Does seem very unlike last cycle if, as they hinted earlier, November files are getting decisions this early. As long as it's an acceptance I'm not complaining :lol:

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm going to hate a lot of you on Monday. But I will congratulate you anyway.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 pm

dbrddr wrote:UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 5: This one's for those of you who don't have unlimited texting.
47 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

wtf does this mean?

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Emma. » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 pm

The Stig wrote:
UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 4: Decisions will be on large group of files. Sorry for the wait - files have been strong and Comm. has some tough decisions.
23 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply


interesting....

they are definitely reading TLS!


I think it is pretty safe to assume that people from the admissions office from most schools check in on the relevant threads on TLS from time to time.

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 pm

thecilent wrote:
dbrddr wrote:UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 5: This one's for those of you who don't have unlimited texting.
47 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

wtf does this mean?

Haha, he made that one up (some people get tweets delivered through their phone I guess?). I laughed out loud HARD when I read that though.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 pm

thecilent wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
The Stig wrote:
UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 3: Comm. meeting tomorrow. We will start releasing decisions Monday.
51 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply


MONDAY!!!!

:shock: Why do I refuse to get off of TLS. It's never good for my health (insert Dr. Steve Brule reference). I have a thesis to write, otherwise that line's going to have to be pulled off of my resume and my (hopeful) acceptance would be revoked anyway. :x

Because TLS is freaking addicting.


This.

Also, even though it's very unlikely I'll hear back the first day, I'll still be freaking out the entire time. Arghhh!

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
thecilent wrote:
dbrddr wrote:UChicagoLawApps UChicagoLawAdmission
RD update 5: This one's for those of you who don't have unlimited texting.
47 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

wtf does this mean?

Haha, he made that one up (some people get tweets delivered through their phone I guess?). I laughed out loud HARD when I read that though.

I thought it was real and admissions was being cruel lol

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 pm

dulcatis wrote:This.

Also, even though it's very unlikely I'll hear back the first day, I'll still be freaking out the entire time. Arghhh!

Is it weird that I don't know you, but I feel like I've kinda missed you?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 pm

eskimo wrote:I'm going to hate a lot of you on Monday. But I will congratulate you anyway.


Huh?? You dont think you will be a first rounder?

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kk19131 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 pm

I feel like the email I get from them is going to have "unfortunately" in it.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Can't say i am surprised, but damn i really had myself geared up for this week... lots of energy wasted on TLS and refreshing freaking twitter.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 pm

kk19131 wrote:I feel like the email I get from them is going to have "unfortunately" in it.


+1

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
eskimo wrote:I'm going to hate a lot of you on Monday. But I will congratulate you anyway.


Huh?? You dont think you will be a first rounder?

I didn't apply till November 5, and they go by submit date. I will hear no earlier than the first week of February, but probably more like mid-Feb. :(

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby 4102011 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:26 pm

thecilent wrote:
dulcatis wrote:This.

Also, even though it's very unlikely I'll hear back the first day, I'll still be freaking out the entire time. Arghhh!

Is it weird that I don't know you, but I feel like I've kinda missed you?


<3

You aren't going to like me at all when I start hot-messing all over the Columbia thread any day now.

Chicago is extra scary because of phone calls, though. Ahhh!!

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:26 pm

eskimo wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
eskimo wrote:I'm going to hate a lot of you on Monday. But I will congratulate you anyway.


Huh?? You dont think you will be a first rounder?

I didn't apply till November 5, and they go by submit date. I will hear no earlier than the first week of February, but probably more like mid-Feb. :(


They mentioned November apps would be included.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:27 pm

eskimo wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
eskimo wrote:I'm going to hate a lot of you on Monday. But I will congratulate you anyway.


Huh?? You dont think you will be a first rounder?

I didn't apply till November 5, and they go by submit date. I will hear no earlier than the first week of February, but probably more like mid-Feb. :(



But they said they are receiving "an enormous, huge, mammoth, unprecedently large lump of decisions" this round (thus justifying the delay)- perhaps you'll hear later in the week?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:28 pm

kk19131 wrote:I feel like the email I get from them is going to have "unfortunately" in it.

Well if you are getting an email from them, then yes you are right.
(pretty sure its all calls at first for admits, right?)

dulcatis wrote:<3

You aren't going to like me at all when I start hot-messing all over the Columbia thread any day now.

Chicago is extra scary because of phone calls, though. Ahhh!!

lol I feel ya

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 pm

dulcatis wrote:
You aren't going to like me at all when I start hot-messing all over the Columbia thread any day now.




See you there. :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi, oliviaj_j and 7 guests