UChicago 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
trudat15

Silver

Re: UChicago 2011

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:18 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:
lawyerwannabe wrote:
BeachedBrit wrote:ED and haven't heard back yet.
Ya. I am in the same boat. Think "rejection" or "WL". O well.
I'd be shocked if I get an outright rejection just because no one with my numbers has been anything but accepted as far as I could find, including this year. With that said I am expecting a WL and hoping that my columbia specific LOR didn't get mixed up with my general LOR (from the same professor) as I felt I had a strong application and was surprised not to be accepted.
I dont think they outright reject many ED applicants, aside from the obvious auto dings. Most seem to get at least WL last year.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:20 pm

According to LSN, I thought I had a chance at acceptance. I am also expecting a WL. I personally feel that the Rubenstein's probably made admissions more difficult. They may not need as many splitters or reverse splitters via ED as in past years because of the 20 people who will be receiving the full schollies. They probably think they will be able to improve on their medians rather than keeping them stagnant.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:21 pm

trudat15 wrote:
BeachedBrit wrote:
lawyerwannabe wrote:
BeachedBrit wrote:ED and haven't heard back yet.
Ya. I am in the same boat. Think "rejection" or "WL". O well.
I'd be shocked if I get an outright rejection just because no one with my numbers has been anything but accepted as far as I could find, including this year. With that said I am expecting a WL and hoping that my columbia specific LOR didn't get mixed up with my general LOR (from the same professor) as I felt I had a strong application and was surprised not to be accepted.
I dont think they outright reject many ED applicants, aside from the obvious auto dings. Most seem to get at least WL last year.
How realistic is it to expect acceptance from a WL? This question is not only for U of C. I mean it generally. While WL is better than an outright rejection, it pretty much feels like a waiting line to rejection.

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Looking at the EDers that got WL'd/rejected it seems obvious UChi is trying to raise their LSAT median to at least 172.

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:38 pm

How realistic is it to expect acceptance from a WL? This question is not only for U of C. I mean it generally. While WL is better than an outright rejection, it pretty much feels like a waiting line to rejection.
Very much a school specific question. Some schools like UVA are apparently not all that hard to get off the WL provided one has competitive numbers. Other schools the WL is a black hole. I have no idea about Chicago though, anyone?

Also my LSAT>172 for what it's worth.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:50 pm

So are we thinking tomorrow post-lunch hour for possible first admit calls?

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:53 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:

Very much a school specific question. Some schools like UVA are apparently not all that hard to get off the WL provided one has competitive numbers. Other schools the WL is a black hole. I have no idea about Chicago though, anyone?

I would guess it's pretty hard to get off the WL at Chicago. I don't have anything to back that, but it seems like it's easier at schools with larger class sizes ie NYU.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:55 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:

Didn't UVA waitlist hundreds of people but over enroll last year?

Edit because "and but" is embarrassing- thanks for quoting :-P lol
Last edited by arism87 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:56 pm

arism87 wrote:
BeachedBrit wrote:

Didn't UVA waitlist hundreds of people and but over enroll last year?
That's because UVA is trying to get rid of RD and fill a class of nothing but EDers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:59 pm

arism87 wrote:
BeachedBrit wrote:

Yeah, heard they didnt take anyone off the WL last year.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Sentry wrote:
arism87 wrote:
BeachedBrit wrote:

That's because UVA is trying to get rid of RD and fill a class of nothing but EDers.
+VA residents! Don't forget us! lol

I hate to say that those policies make me hesitant to even go, despite how much I'm tempted to. But this is a Chicago thread... carry on..

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:11 pm

jd2014! wrote:So are we thinking tomorrow post-lunch hour for possible first admit calls?
But the WLs due today didn't come out right?

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:So are we thinking tomorrow post-lunch hour for possible first admit calls?
Wednesday it is.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:20 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Maybe they're behind. They were a day (friday-monday) behind ED admits this year as well.

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:33 pm

r6_philly wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
ClayDavis wrote:When did RD applicants begin hearing last year?
Looks like mid-January for the earliest submitters, and a big wave in February.
That spreadsheet only include OCT submitters. Last year RD applicants who submitted in Sept. heard back on Tues. 12/29
http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... er=asc&p=3

Scroll down to the bottom and see the first acceptances withdrawn.
cant figure out when someone who submitted last wk of sept but wasnt complete til mid oct would hear back (if accepted, I mean). I know a couple of people who applied sept and were complete early oct (like the first of oct) heard end of Dec, but could someone like me get in in the first batch even though I completed in Oct?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:43 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
cant figure out when someone who submitted last wk of sept but wasnt complete til mid oct would hear back (if accepted, I mean). I know a couple of people who applied sept and were complete early oct (like the first of oct) heard end of Dec, but could someone like me get in in the first batch even though I completed in Oct?
Review dates are more relevant but there isn't an easy to get that info. What are your UR dates? I think either this week or 2 week after. Before Columbia I am sure. I really hope I get the rest of my decisions in Jan.

chaosnoodlesoup

New

Post by chaosnoodlesoup » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
Review dates are more relevant but there isn't an easy to get that info. What are your UR dates? I think either this week or 2 week after. Before Columbia I am sure. I really hope I get the rest of my decisions in Jan.
Me first, me first.

UR 12/10, updated to 12/23.

When will I receive my decision?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:09 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
UR 11/15 --> UR 12/13...guessing (if I get in at all!) either this week or mid January...

Edit: what are your UR dates philly?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:14 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
UR 11/15 --> UR 12/13...guessing (if I get in at all!) either this week or mid January...

Edit: what are your UR dates philly?
Same exact, so maybe 1/14 for both of us since I went complete early Oct.

hellome

Bronze

Post by hellome » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:26 pm

12/13 update here as well!
oddly though, my 1st UR date was in September but I received my complete e-mail in October...
so who knows what'll happen? :shock:

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Another 12/13 guy here.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:42 pm

still at 9/30. :roll:

daisyduke

Bronze

Post by daisyduke » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:12 pm

jd2014! wrote:still at 9/30. :roll:
+1

lakerfanimal

Bronze

Post by lakerfanimal » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:37 pm

daisyduke wrote:
jd2014! wrote:still at 9/30. :roll:
+1
Both of you probably have better numbers than me based on the schools you got into and I went UR.. point is- DON'T WORRY, the UR changes are RANDOM :)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 am

Today is the day! Hold on to your hats!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”