UChicago 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Dany

Diamond

Re: UChicago 2011

Post by Dany » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 pm

modmx wrote:https://ucmail.uchicago.edu/exchweb/bin ... /&reason=0

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... ialaid/faq

The Need Access form is only for those who are admitted and have university logins. It is used to consider your financial need when allocating scholarships

So those who havent been submitted, our only hope for aid is through FAFSA
...what? I am not seeing that on the FAQ.

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 pm

CastleRock wrote:
modmx wrote:https://ucmail.uchicago.edu/exchweb/bin ... /&reason=0

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... ialaid/faq

The Need Access form is only for those who are admitted and have university logins. It is used to consider your financial need when allocating scholarships

So those who havent been submitted, our only hope for aid is through FAFSA
What?
OK.......I can't see how either of those links is supporting what you're saying.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I know this isn't the appropriate thread, but anyone know of any other T14 schools that have ridiculous dates for this stuff?

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:11 pm

I'm not doing FAFSA for another 3 weeks get out here with that. I've answered about 35 questions already and this stupid NeedAccess has me at about 18%

modmx

Bronze

Post by modmx » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 pm

You will be considered for scholarships when admitted. There are no extra forms that you need to submit to the Law School. However, if you would like us to consider your financial need when determining your award, please make sure to complete the Need Access Form.
Then click on the link and see if you can get in...

The Need Access form that non-admits are worrying about doesn't pertain to us. Its a separate form used by the law school to consider financial need when giving scholarship awards. You need a login username and password to access the form

Because none of us applicants have university logins, we cant access the form and thus wont have our financial needs considered during scholarship awards (if admitted). Our aid will be through FAFSA
Last edited by modmx on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Need access is just used when you would like them to consider need for scholarships. If you dont fill it out, they will consider you for scholarships without considering your need. So if you are rich, dont worry about it. If you are poor, it might make it worth your while. She said estimates were totally fine for Needaccess.

FAFSA is due on March 1, and that is how you'll get your loans. You can submit before you file taxes. But it's important to update this once you file. You dont need to update need access.

bistduverrueckt

Bronze

Post by bistduverrueckt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:15 pm

modmx wrote:
However, if you would like us to consider your financial need when determining your award, please make sure to complete the Need Access Form.

The Need Access form that non-admits are worrying about doesn't pertain to us. Its a separate form used by the law school to consider financial need when giving scholarship awards. You need a login username and password to access the form

Because none of us applicants have university logins, we cant access the form and thus wont have our financial needs considered during scholarship awards (if admitted). Our aid will be through FAFSA
No. You do not need a university login to do Need Access. You just go to needaccess.org and fill it out and choose schools which can definitely include schools you haven't been admitted to yet. I'd say that in order to be considered for aid, even if you haven't been admitted you SHOULD fill out that monstrous time-suck of a form.

modmx

Bronze

Post by modmx » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 pm

No. You do not need a university login to do Need Access. You just go to needaccess.org and fill it out and choose schools which can definitely include schools you haven't been admitted to yet. I'd say that in order to be considered for aid, even if you haven't been admitted you SHOULD fill out that monstrous time-suck of a form.
cool, thanks for the clarification

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 pm

modmx wrote:
You will be considered for scholarships when admitted. There are no extra forms that you need to submit to the Law School. However, if you would like us to consider your financial need when determining your award, please make sure to complete the Need Access Form.

What in the world are you talking about? You do not need a university log in for need access. You go to the site and add in UChicago as one of the many law schools you're considering. This is TERRIBLE advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:18 pm

I have no idea what's going on, but I'm admitted and I don't have a university username or login...

Edit- if you could go back and edit out any misinformation it would be nice for people reading this thread the rest of the day. :?

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

modmx wrote:

For some reason, it is trying to put you through UChicago's Outlook webmail system in order to redirect you to http://www.needaccess.org. So it's redirecting us to the exact same form all of us (admits and non-admits) are already using. It looks like UChi might have just put one bad link on their financial aid page.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:38 pm

this thread went from ruby excitement to awkward silence to NeedAccess freakout...

I just submitted my FAFSA and NeedAccess last week to a bunch of schools with estimates from my parents-I plan on getting the exact numbers when they file their tax returns

oxford_don

Bronze

Post by oxford_don » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Mon May 12, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

here in this thread I answer all kinds of FAFSA/NeedAccess/Finaid questions:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=142807

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Finally had my 2nd UR today! No idea what it means for me, but I am happy to finally, after more than a month, see movement. 1/7s...did you move too?

need access was so annoying. my mom was like "I don't know, put 0 for everything." That's not how it works mom........ ugh.

src42

Bronze

Post by src42 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 pm

sarahlawg wrote:Finally had my 2nd UR today!
Congrats! I hope this means there will be lots of decisions soon!

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:47 pm

src42 wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:Finally had my 2nd UR today!
Congrats! I hope this means there will be lots of decisions soon!
Thanks, lol. I'm hoping for Monday. This cycle is too loooooooong!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Any fellow December complete people waiting anxiously for Chi admissions's next tweet?

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Any fellow December complete people waiting anxiously for Chi admissions's next tweet?
I was complete 12/03 and yesss

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Any fellow December complete people waiting anxiously for Chi admissions's next tweet?
+1. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
I was complete 12/03 and yesss
Acceptances for everyone! <3<3

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

giddybiscuit

New

Post by giddybiscuit » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:46 am

\

Yup.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:17 pm

giddybiscuit wrote:
\

Yup.
+1

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm

From the Chicago law apps twitter:
The Admissions Office will be closed tomorrow due to today's blizzard. I've got hot chocolate and reading files to keep me busy though!
about 12 hours ago via Echofon

whatshouldIdo11

New

Post by whatshouldIdo11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:42 pm

I've got a feeling that us December completed folk won't find out this week. The blizzard definitely isn't helping them go any faster.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”