UChicago 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
QuailMan

New

Re: UChicago 2011

Post by QuailMan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:16 pm

eskimo wrote:I'm going to kill anyone who calls me this week. Text message or /friendship. My heart can't take it.
I've had multiple unknown number calls that ended up being Bank of America, I'm getting close to switching banks.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 pm

eskimo wrote:I'm going to kill anyone who calls me this week. Text message or /friendship. My heart can't take it.
At least I don't have anyone from 773. You sound like how I was waiting for Penn...

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:18 pm

QuailMan wrote:
I've had multiple unknown number calls that ended up being Bank of America, I'm getting close to switching banks.
BoA: If you don't mind my asking, why would you like to close your account with us?
QuailMan: Thunk u were Chicago too many times

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Fresh wrote:BoA: If you don't mind my asking, why would you like to close your account with us?
lol haha

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Fresh wrote:
QuailMan wrote:
BoA: If you don't mind my asking, why would you like to close your account with us?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Digits?

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Irrationally, the longer Chicago goes without starting phone calls, the more certain I am that I will not receive one when they do start.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Digits?
She gave her number out in chat last night, "for a good time."

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Irrationally, the longer Chicago goes without starting phone calls, the more certain I am that I will not receive one when they do start.
Same here....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 pm

I knew I should have gone to some of those chats

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 pm

I think they started ED calls at around 130 CST. So don't start freaking out for at least a couple of hours.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Digits?
She gave her number out in chat last night, "for a good time."
What about "for an unpleasant time"?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Irrationally, the longer Chicago goes without starting phone calls, the more certain I am that I will not receive one when they do start.
Does not compute.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Spykuh

Bronze

Post by Spykuh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:38 pm

[quote=

i also sent them an email and this is what the admissions office responded with:
admissions office reply wrote: Thank you for your email communication. Unfortunately, as discussed on our website and in the email notice indicating your application is complete, once the Online Status Checker indicates your application is complete, we are unable to accept any updates to your file unless your update is in reference to Question 20 on our JD application regarding disclosures and disciplinary actions. If upon initial review your application is waitlisted, you will be notified as to how you can update your application at that time. We look forward to considering your application.
hth![/quote]

i got the same response, oh well it was worth a shot!

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Sentry wrote:I think they started ED calls at around 130 CST. So don't start freaking out for at least a couple of hours.
Much too late for that I think.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Spykuh wrote:[quote=

i also sent them an email and this is what the admissions office responded with:
admissions office reply wrote: Thank you for your email communication. Unfortunately, as discussed on our website and in the email notice indicating your application is complete, once the Online Status Checker indicates your application is complete, we are unable to accept any updates to your file unless your update is in reference to Question 20 on our JD application regarding disclosures and disciplinary actions. If upon initial review your application is waitlisted, you will be notified as to how you can update your application at that time. We look forward to considering your application.
hth!
i got the same response, oh well it was worth a shot![/quote]

FWIW they pulled my LSAC updated report/transcript today, I can't see them not adding it to my file.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Friends want me to start drinking with them soon (the national championship is like a holiday to us). Was trying to put it off until Chi started making calls, but oh well, guess I'll be tipsy if I happen to get the call

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

clevermoose

New

Post by clevermoose » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

thecilent wrote:Friends want me to start drinking with them soon (the national championship is like a holiday to us). Was trying to put it off until Chi started making calls, but oh well, guess I'll be tipsy if I happen to get the call
I like your style. I was in a similar situation with Texas's Monica Ingram. The conversation was awkward and painful, but I will remember it forever.

QuailMan

New

Post by QuailMan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Fresh wrote:
QuailMan wrote:
I'm sure I could come up with a few other reasons to dump BofA, but yes, this is by far the most egregious.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:06 pm

clevermoose wrote:
thecilent wrote:Friends want me to start drinking with them soon (the national championship is like a holiday to us). Was trying to put it off until Chi started making calls, but oh well, guess I'll be tipsy if I happen to get the call
I like your style. I was in a similar situation with Texas's Monica Ingram. The conversation was awkward and painful, but I will remember it forever.
"but I will remember it forever" lol haha

My convo with Monica was pretty much the same (def awkward), but I was sober.

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:10 pm

thecilent wrote:
clevermoose wrote:
"but I will remember it forever" lol haha

My convo with Monica was pretty much the same (def awkward), but I was sober.
These are both great.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Is it bad that I almost wouldn't want to answer for fear of ensuing awkwardness?

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:12 pm

timmna wrote:Is it bad that I almost wouldn't want to answer for fear of ensuing awkwardness?
Pretty sure awkwardness is a prerequisite for attending UChi

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Hannibal wrote:
timmna wrote:Is it bad that I almost wouldn't want to answer for fear of ensuing awkwardness?
Pretty sure awkwardness is a prerequisite for attending UChi
:lol: Win.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:14 pm

My Berkeley call was best out of the 3, it couldn't have gone awkward if I tried. I hope I have a call from Chicago to compare to!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”