Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cngreen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby cngreen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Ah! I just now saw the responses. Now I am sad that I missed you guys last night. [I was there just didn't know to look for you guys.]

In other news, status check changed to yesterday's date. I was admitted back in January. Couuuuuuuuuld this be dollarz?!

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby champsound » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 pm

cngreen wrote:Ah! I just now saw the responses. Now I am sad that I missed you guys last night. [I was there just didn't know to look for you guys.]

In other news, status check changed to yesterday's date. I was admitted back in January. Couuuuuuuuuld this be dollarz?!


Me too and under mailings, it says scholarship letter mailed.

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby bleedblue » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:38 pm

What the hell? My scholarship form was received 12/30 and I still don't have anything new under my status check. They told me I'd be in the next batch last week. :(

cngreen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby cngreen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:50 pm

You know, I'm fine with an emailed letter. This snail mail thing . . . notsomuch.

Love the email, Duke. Cherish it. Fondle it. And make sure you spoon it afterwards. Snail mail just doesn't have the energy to keep up these days.

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:31 pm

cngreen wrote:Ah! I just now saw the responses. Now I am sad that I missed you guys last night. [I was there just didn't know to look for you guys.]

In other news, status check changed to yesterday's date. I was admitted back in January. Couuuuuuuuuld this be dollarz?!


Hahaha, I kept wondering who the TLSers in the room were...

Also, I was talking to a girl about Duke's douchey reputation right when the dean walked up to talk to us. Oooops. :oops: :lol:

And I want some $$$! C'monnnnn Duke!

User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby jpk5372 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:40 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
cngreen wrote:Ah! I just now saw the responses. Now I am sad that I missed you guys last night. [I was there just didn't know to look for you guys.]

In other news, status check changed to yesterday's date. I was admitted back in January. Couuuuuuuuuld this be dollarz?!


Hahaha, I kept wondering who the TLSers in the room were...

Also, I was talking to a girl about Duke's douchey reputation right when the dean walked up to talk to us. Oooops. :oops: :lol:

And I want some $$$! C'monnnnn Duke!


what'd she have to say about said doucheness?

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby mel2010 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:41 pm

FYI: Form received 2/2, mailed 3/4

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:15 pm

jpk5372 wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:
cngreen wrote:Ah! I just now saw the responses. Now I am sad that I missed you guys last night. [I was there just didn't know to look for you guys.]

In other news, status check changed to yesterday's date. I was admitted back in January. Couuuuuuuuuld this be dollarz?!


Hahaha, I kept wondering who the TLSers in the room were...

Also, I was talking to a girl about Duke's douchey reputation right when the dean walked up to talk to us. Oooops. :oops: :lol:

And I want some $$$! C'monnnnn Duke!


what'd she have to say about said doucheness?


Hahah, she was a fellow admitted student, so it's not like she had inside info. But she did say she thinks there must be a kernel of truth if the stories about Duke's douchey nature keep cropping up.

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby jtemp320 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:08 am

For those waiting - just got a Deans Scholarship offer in the mail :D . Accepted 12/4 (non PT - though probably would have been but I took the Oct LSAT), sent financial aid forms early January.

Good luck!

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby whirledpeas86 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:34 pm

jtemp320 wrote:For those waiting - just got a Deans Scholarship offer in the mail :D . Accepted 12/4 (non PT - though probably would have been but I took the Oct LSAT), sent financial aid forms early January.

Good luck!


Congrats!! I sent in my form on Jan 10th, so hooooopefully I'll find out early this week!

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby whirledpeas86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:59 am

For those that have received their scholarship info, how long did it take for you to get the letter in the mail after your status checker changed to "Decision Made"? Mine says a letter was mailed today, but I need to know ASAP so I can plan out which ASWs I'll be attending. If they give me some money, I'll probably go to Duke's ASW instead of UT's. Do you guys think it would be possible to call them and find out over the phone?

User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby jpk5372 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:26 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:For those that have received their scholarship info, how long did it take for you to get the letter in the mail after your status checker changed to "Decision Made"? Mine says a letter was mailed today, but I need to know ASAP so I can plan out which ASWs I'll be attending. If they give me some money, I'll probably go to Duke's ASW instead of UT's. Do you guys think it would be possible to call them and find out over the phone?


I'm guessing if they sent it out, it means you got $. I think for me it took 2 or 3 days. I'm not sure if they'd be able to give that information out over the phone or not, but if you are very polite and explain the situation it probably can't hurt!

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby The Stig » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Some pics from my visit! They come with a game, called "Where's Tim Wu?"

Duke Law

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Duke Campus

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”