Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby re-applicant » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:26 pm

arism87 wrote:Anyone hear anything recently? Topic has fallen strangely quiet..


I went under review yesterday (9/23). Not really news I guess.

Also, I'm pretty sure if Duke read TLS, they'd know exactly who I am.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby arism87 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:28 pm

Haha me too! For some reason though I really thought today would be the day. Ah, well.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby arism87 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:46 pm

In at almost midnight on a Friday.. mean trick, Duke. Mean trick. I'll take it how I can get it! :)

brunonian
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby brunonian » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:44 am

Admitted. Got the email at 11:30pm on Friday. Weird...

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby St.Remy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:46 am

brunonian wrote:Admitted. Got the email at 11:30pm on Friday. Weird...


Did you write a "Why Duke" essay?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby arism87 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:15 am

Yep, I wrote a super short Why Duke

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby St.Remy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Went complete a week ago and under review a couple days ago, got the acceptance today. I did not write a "Why Duke" essay.

brunonian
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby brunonian » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:30 pm

St.Remy wrote:
brunonian wrote:Admitted. Got the email at 11:30pm on Friday. Weird...


Did you write a "Why Duke" essay?



Nope, just a personal statement

User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby re-applicant » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Any movement today?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Do you think they would review the non-PT files once they don't have any more PT files to review? They said they were going to do another round up by the end of the month, I just hope we get reviewed before the next wave of PT files...

johndh
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby johndh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:25 pm

arism87 wrote:In at almost midnight on a Friday.. mean trick, Duke. Mean trick. I'll take it how I can get it! :)


Yeah, last year people got admitted at kinds of weird hours.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:Do you think they would review the non-PT files once they don't have any more PT files to review? They said they were going to do another round up by the end of the month, I just hope we get reviewed before the next wave of PT files...


Idk how they go about this.. Im a PT applicant who has been under review since 10/22 with no response yet. Hoping tonight is the night.. but doubtful.

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby hellome » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:12 am

tkgrrett wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Do you think they would review the non-PT files once they don't have any more PT files to review? They said they were going to do another round up by the end of the month, I just hope we get reviewed before the next wave of PT files...


Idk how they go about this.. Im a PT applicant who has been under review since 10/22 with no response yet. Hoping tonight is the night.. but doubtful.


my best guess for you would be either thursday or, more likely, friday
good luck!

User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby re-applicant » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:05 pm

UR date updated to 9/28

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm not on priority track but my file went under review today!! (9/29) It went complete on 9/14. How long are files usually under review before decisions are made?

johndh
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby johndh » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:09 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:I'm not on priority track but my file went under review today!! (9/29) It went complete on 9/14. How long are files usually under review before decisions are made?


I would guess you are about a week or two away judging by the response times last year at this time. Of course there can be some crazy exceptions

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:17 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:I'm not on priority track but my file went under review today!! (9/29) It went complete on 9/14. How long are files usually under review before decisions are made?


Cool! I hope I am not too far away but you got a about a week on me on completion. What are your numbers? PM if you want. Good luck!

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby masterthearts » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 pm

I am registered with lsac and am applying, but have not been invited for the Priority Track. Could this be because I am not taking the LSAT till 10/9?
In other words, LSAC has no lsat score for me, only my gpa (which is high from an ivy)
Why no invite?

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 pm

masterthearts wrote:I am registered with lsac and am applying, but have not been invited for the Priority Track. Could this be because I am not taking the LSAT till 10/9?
In other words, LSAC has no lsat score for me, only my gpa (which is high from an ivy)
Why no invite?


No lsat=no invite.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby 2011Cycle » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:I'm not on priority track but my file went under review today!! (9/29) It went complete on 9/14. How long are files usually under review before decisions are made?



Is 'ready for review' the step before 'under review'?

thanks

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:22 pm

2011Cycle wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:I'm not on priority track but my file went under review today!! (9/29) It went complete on 9/14. How long are files usually under review before decisions are made?



Is 'ready for review' the step before 'under review'?

thanks


Yeah it is. Did yours just go "ready for review"? I think it's the same as complete. I had to wait 2 weeks to go from ready for review to under review.

granger
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby granger » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:55 pm

ah shit i got waitlisted

User avatar
dooterdude11
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby dooterdude11 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Rather than acceptance, denial or waitlist, I received an email request for an "on-campus interview." Did anyone else on this thread get such a request? Does anyone know what it means?

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby 2011Cycle » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:58 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
2011Cycle wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:I'm not on priority track but my file went under review today!! (9/29) It went complete on 9/14. How long are files usually under review before decisions are made?



Is 'ready for review' the step before 'under review'?

thanks


Yeah it is. Did yours just go "ready for review"? I think it's the same as complete. I had to wait 2 weeks to go from ready for review to under review.


thanks for clarifying

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby kazu » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:03 am

granger wrote:ah shit i got waitlisted

:cry:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler and 6 guests