Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby jpk5372 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Under review 10/5, accepted 10/15. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
leopardRAWR
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby leopardRAWR » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:55 pm

complete 10/6, under review 10/9, accepted 10/16. feels so good to be done waiting! good luck to everyone.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Sentry » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Complete 10/7...request for interview 10/17. I am confused.

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Tanicius » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Sentry wrote:Complete 10/7...request for interview 10/17. I am confused.


Huh?? Are you a nontrad, ie younger or older than normal? Weird.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Knock » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Is PT 10 days from complete or 10 days from under review? and is it 10 business or calendar days?

User avatar
leopardRAWR
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby leopardRAWR » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:01 pm

for me, it was 10 regular days from complete to decision. I want to say the guarantee is 10 business days from complete to decision, but if someone knows otherwise, please correct me.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Knock » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:05 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:for me, it was 10 regular days from complete to decision. I want to say the guarantee is 10 business days from complete to decision, but if someone knows otherwise, please correct me.


Hmm, I went complete on Monday the 11th I think. So I should be hearing back by Thursday if Calendar days.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby cruelestgame » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 pm

i think there was someone else who got a pt interview request this cycle

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Sentry » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:24 am

Tanicius wrote:
Sentry wrote:Complete 10/7...request for interview 10/17. I am confused.


Huh?? Are you a nontrad, ie younger or older than normal? Weird.

Nope. A couple years out from undergrad. I don't think there's anything strange about my application. I'm interviewing with Dean Hoye this week. I'm interested to see what this interview will be about.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby cruelestgame » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 am

maybe it's a good thing

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Sentry » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:54 am

cruelestgame wrote:maybe it's a good thing

I think it will be. I really like Duke and would choose Duke over any of MVPB. I'm hoping it's a YP thing and I can convince them how much I love their school.

spudsnsuds
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby spudsnsuds » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:32 pm

I submitted PT on 10/4 and went complete on 10/5 but my status is still listed as file complete, ready for review, not under review. It's been more than 10 days and tomorrow will be 10 business days since going complete. Should I email admissions to see what's up? Has anybody else gone from file complete to decision made without the status being under review?

e46m52
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby e46m52 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:11 pm

spudsnsuds wrote:I submitted PT on 10/4 and went complete on 10/5 but my status is still listed as file complete, ready for review, not under review. It's been more than 10 days and tomorrow will be 10 business days since going complete. Should I email admissions to see what's up? Has anybody else gone from file complete to decision made without the status being under review?


from their site: " This program guarantees that you will receive a response on your application within ten days of completing your file."

I would wait through 11 business days and contact them on the 12th!

User avatar
dooterdude11
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby dooterdude11 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Sentry wrote:
Tanicius wrote:
Sentry wrote:Complete 10/7...request for interview 10/17. I am confused.


Huh?? Are you a nontrad, ie younger or older than normal? Weird.

Nope. A couple years out from undergrad. I don't think there's anything strange about my application. I'm interviewing with Dean Hoye this week. I'm interested to see what this interview will be about.


I also received an interview request. Numbers at and above Duke's 75%. I am worried about what it means.

Sentry: you mind updating me on your experience with the interview, to shed some light on its purpose?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Maybe it turns out to be a scholarship interview.

rv11
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby rv11 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:09 pm

dooterdude11 wrote:
Sentry wrote:
Tanicius wrote:
Sentry wrote:Complete 10/7...request for interview 10/17. I am confused.


Huh?? Are you a nontrad, ie younger or older than normal? Weird.

Nope. A couple years out from undergrad. I don't think there's anything strange about my application. I'm interviewing with Dean Hoye this week. I'm interested to see what this interview will be about.


I also received an interview request. Numbers at and above Duke's 75%. I am worried about what it means.

Sentry: you mind updating me on your experience with the interview, to shed some light on its purpose?


I'm above both 75% and got accepted without interview. Did you write a Why Duke?

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby kazu » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 pm

rv11 wrote:I'm above both 75% and got accepted without interview. Did you write a Why Duke?


There have been plenty of people above both as well accepted with no interview and no why Duke....

I hope Sentry asks the Dean straight out "what is this interview for?" I'm very intrigued now.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby cruelestgame » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:29 pm

no interview no why duke. medians here. maybe it's for a special type of scholarship? or a form of yp?

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby zworykin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:57 pm

10/21: Decision made; watch for e-mail. Knock, you in the same boat?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Knock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:59 pm

zworykin wrote:10/21: Decision made; watch for e-mail.


I submitted same day as you I think. hopefully this means ill be hearing back soon!

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby zworykin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Oh, and there's the email. Priority Reserve.

No big surprise; LSAT >75, GPA <50, no Why Duke. Meh. My sights are set a bit higher anyway...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Knock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:11 pm

zworykin wrote:Oh, and there's the email. Priority Reserve.

No big surprise; LSAT >75, GPA <50, no Why Duke. Meh. My sights are set a bit higher anyway...


Just got it too, im in
sorry zwor, you'll do better im sure.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby zworykin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:17 pm

It's all good.

Congrats, we all knew you'd make it ;)

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby Tanicius » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:29 pm

In.

Submitted Sunday the 10th, complete the 11th, UR on the 12th.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Congrats to those recently in.. anyone have Duke as one of their top choices?? They are definitely in my top 5.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”