Duke 2011 - Priority Track Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pereira6

Silver

Re: Duke 2011 - Priority Track

Post by pereira6 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Kili wrote:So for those who got grade requests on PT. I sent them an email yesterday letting them know LSAC processed my transcript and what my grades/new GPA were. I just checked the status checker and it says decision made/wait for email. It's dated yesterday which is a bit surprising considering I emailed them fairly late in the day. Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised which how prompt they were. Still waiting for that email, though. Good luck everyone.
Fall Grades processed today! Here's hoping they're just as prompt with me...

kdubb513

New

Post by kdubb513 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Kili wrote:So for those who got grade requests on PT. I sent them an email yesterday letting them know LSAC processed my transcript and what my grades/new GPA were. I just checked the status checker and it says decision made/wait for email. It's dated yesterday which is a bit surprising considering I emailed them fairly late in the day. Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised which how prompt they were. Still waiting for that email, though. Good luck everyone.

In the exact same boat. Waiting on the email. With such a quick response, good news or bad news?

clevermoose

New

Post by clevermoose » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 pm

kdubb513 wrote:

In the exact same boat. Waiting on the email. With such a quick response, good news or bad news?
I have joined the boat. Come on, good news email!

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Good luck to those still waiting...
Still haven't gotten my presents and scholarship info though :( Been in since 12/17.

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Kili wrote:I'm IN! :D

Best of luck to all the others! I'm very happy with the fast turn-around!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Kili! Congrats!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:10 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:Good luck to those still waiting...
Still haven't gotten my presents and scholarship info though :( Been in since 12/17.
Wait you filled out and mailed in the scholarship form?

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:12 pm

thecilent wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:Good luck to those still waiting...
Wait you filled out and mailed in the scholarship form?
No, sorry for the confusion. I'm still waiting to GET the form + acceptance package in the mail.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Oh gotcha. Yeah my bad - haven't been following this thread. I just saw that one post and wanted to ask. The scholarship form is annoying.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Kili wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Kili wrote:I'm IN! :D

Best of luck to all the others! I'm very happy with the fast turn-around!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Kili! Congrats!
Thanks Eski! <3 you and your tiny hands :D
bahahahahaha I forgot about that.

"Presents" are like a viewbook, lanyard, notepad, bookmark, and stuff that comes in a nice little packet. I think mine came about a week after I got in?

clevermoose

New

Post by clevermoose » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:17 pm

IN! Wooo guess they were happy with fall grades.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:18 pm

clevermoose wrote:IN! Wooo guess they were happy with fall grades.
Congrats! :D

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 am

Decided to check my status checker again, and "Welcome packet 01/05/2011" appears under Mailings. I guess I'm just happy it's finally coming... hope it doesn't take forever to get here though.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 am

T6Hopeful wrote:Decided to check my status checker again, and "Welcome packet 01/05/2011" appears under Mailings. I guess I'm just happy it's finally coming... hope it doesn't take forever to get here though.
I got in back in October and it took over a week for them to mail it and then a few days to get out to the West Coast. I kind of think they might wait for a significant number of acceptances so they can ship them all at once. But it's one of the most exciting admit packets I've received though, so it's worth the wait! Congrats!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:17 pm

law_monkey wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:Decided to check my status checker again, and "Welcome packet 01/05/2011" appears under Mailings. I guess I'm just happy it's finally coming... hope it doesn't take forever to get here though.
I got in back in October and it took over a week for them to mail it and then a few days to get out to the West Coast. I kind of think they might wait for a significant number of acceptances so they can ship them all at once. But it's one of the most exciting admit packets I've received though, so it's worth the wait! Congrats!!!
Thanks! I actually just got it (literally) about ten minutes ago! I proceeded to rip the envelope open when I saw it was from Duke. I got a lanyard and the little notepad :D
I also ordered a Duke hat from Lids. I figure even if I don't end up going there, it's still a super nice hat.

On another note, I'm a little confused... The admitted students website says:
"One-year admission deferment requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but are usually granted. In addition, scholarship awards may also be deferred, especially if the request is made by June 10."

Whereas, the deferrals section in the admitted (mail) packet says:
"Admission deferrals are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. In the past, one-year deferrals have been granted for medical reasons or to permit students to take advantage of an extraordinary opportunity, such as a Fulbright Scholarship. Requests must be submitted in writing. Check the admitted students website for information about how to request a deferral. Scholarship award offers are not deferred."

What an odd discrepancy... I'll have to call them about that.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:29 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
Thanks! I actually just got it (literally) about ten minutes ago! I proceeded to rip the envelope open when I saw it was from Duke. I got a lanyard and the little notepad :D
I also ordered a Duke hat from Lids. I figure even if I don't end up going there, it's still a super nice hat.

"One-year admission deferment requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but are usually granted. In addition, scholarship awards may also be deferred, especially if the request is made by June 10."

"Admission deferrals are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. In the past, one-year deferrals have been granted for medical reasons or to permit students to take advantage of an extraordinary opportunity, such as a Fulbright Scholarship. Requests must be submitted in writing. Check the admitted students website for information about how to request a deferral. Scholarship award offers are not deferred."

Hope I get my decision/packet soon! I love free swag.

+1 on the hat, I'm a hat fan and Lids/New Era probably consumes half my income.

I would trust the mailing more than the website, just because its probably the most recently updated. Do you plan on deferring, or are you just curious?

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:34 pm

pereira6 wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

Hope I get my decision/packet soon! I love free swag.

+1 on the hat, I'm a hat fan and Lids/New Era probably consumes half my income.

I would trust the mailing more than the website, just because its probably the most recently updated. Do you plan on deferring, or are you just curious?
Well.... it's possible, but PMing you for specifics. To anyone else who's curious, I'll leave it at the fact that I possibly won't hear back for a fellowship until May, and deferring money may be a huge part of my decision at that point.

WarioLaw

Bronze

Post by WarioLaw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 pm

You're in! Nice to get a response so quickly. Now I just have to wait to see how the other 15 schools respond.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Priority Reserve, whatever that means.

Sent 11/23

Complete 11/29

Fall Grades Request Complete 1/7 (And they were awesome...)

Decision 1/9

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Damn, sorry to hear it! I'm sure other schools will be all over the awesome new grades!

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Applied this morning. Got an email about priority track 30 minutes ago...went ahead and signed up since it wasn't binding.
Hopefully it's not too late

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 pm

I already asked this in the proper forum but thought I'd post here for those of you who know a lot about Duke but don't frequent the financial aid forum. I think it's pretty likely that Duke will at least match my Michigan Dean's amount ($67,500). Would completing the need-based sections of Duke's scholarship application be a waste of time? The amount of need-based aid I'd receive might be pretty minimal without merit aid. I know Michigan doesn't consider merit-aid recipients for need-based aid, but Duke's apparently different, as it allows admits to apply for a scholarship "based on merit and in part on need." Is it possible that I might receive need-based aid on top of what I hope will be a significant merit scholarship, or should I save everyone's time and check the merit-only box?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”