UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

Darn, I only went complete today. Somehow I told both the LA schools I'm taking the LSAT in February (which I am; they're just not supposed to wait for it).

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:04 am

This is getting beyond frustrating

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:48 am

glitter178 wrote:This is getting beyond frustrating


You ain't neva lied.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby bistduverrueckt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 am

vegenator wrote:Nothing pizza, er... Ucla relevant to add here. Just chiming in to say that I like bistdu's screenname (ja, bin ich auch :wink: )


Danke. Ich glaube, dass hier wir alle ein bisschen verrueckt sind. :D

On another note, today marks my one month complete anniversary at UCLA. Haven't heard from them since. Hoping for something soon.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 am

bistduverrueckt wrote:Danke. Ich glaube, dass hier wir alle ein bisschen verrueckt sind. :D


Ja, deshalb bin ich nicht im hier viel gewesen. Ich brauche dieses Thread jetzt weil meine Entscheidung ich will, und ich kann nicht allein warten!

(sorry, my German may be a little rusty.)

User avatar
sarcasticswede
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby sarcasticswede » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:16 am

finally got a call from the dean today : ) for those of you still waiting, don't worry! i've been complete for OVER 2 MONTHS... completely thought i was destined for a yp waitlist but guess not.

and he called fairly late too, after 7pm PST just fyi.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby bistduverrueckt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 am

sarcasticswede wrote:finally got a call from the dean today : ) for those of you still waiting, don't worry! i've been complete for OVER 2 MONTHS... completely thought i was destined for a yp waitlist but guess not.

and he called fairly late too, after 7pm PST just fyi.


Thanks for giving me hope :D

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby vegenator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:Danke. Ich glaube, dass hier wir alle ein bisschen verrueckt sind. :D


Ja, deshalb bin ich nicht im hier viel gewesen. Ich brauche dieses Thread jetzt weil meine Entscheidung ich will, und ich kann nicht allein warten!

(sorry, my German may be a little rusty.)


Es stimmt, dass wir alle hier verrueckt Sind :D, heisst aber nicht, dass wir normalerweise so sind. das endlose (verdammte) Warten spielt doch eine grosse Rolle dabei!

Bildungsroman, willkommen im Klub!


Goddamn waiting... I'm bored... :D

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:34 am

< /German>

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby vegenator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:35 am

sarcasticswede wrote:finally got a call from the dean today : ) for those of you still waiting, don't worry! i've been complete for OVER 2 MONTHS... completely thought i was destined for a yp waitlist but guess not.

and he called fairly late too, after 7pm PST just fyi.



Awesome! Congrats! Renewed hope! Scratch that last post of mine! Something new to keep me entertained (the thought of late night calls from the dean! :P ) I've also been complete for 2 months, so this is great news!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby vegenator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 am

jamiLAW wrote:< /German>


Yeah, sorry, done. Promise :mrgreen:

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:41 am

vegenator wrote:
Awesome! Congrats! Renewed hope! Scratch that last post of mine! Something new to keep me entertained (the thought of late night calls from the dean! :P ) I've also been complete for 2 months, so this is great news!


Lol I don't know about the "late night" part. I think it would be pretty awful to be at a bar on a friday night and have the dean of admissions from your potential law school give you a call

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:44 am

jamiLAW wrote:
vegenator wrote:
Awesome! Congrats! Renewed hope! Scratch that last post of mine! Something new to keep me entertained (the thought of late night calls from the dean! :P ) I've also been complete for 2 months, so this is great news!


Lol I don't know about the "late night" part. I think it would be pretty awful to be at a bar on a friday night and have the dean of admissions from your potential law school give you a call

Or would it pretty awesome? :)

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:47 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:
vegenator wrote:
Awesome! Congrats! Renewed hope! Scratch that last post of mine! Something new to keep me entertained (the thought of late night calls from the dean! :P ) I've also been complete for 2 months, so this is great news!


Lol I don't know about the "late night" part. I think it would be pretty awful to be at a bar on a friday night and have the dean of admissions from your potential law school give you a call

Or would it pretty awesome? :)


Depends on how hearty the party was before the call... Better to get drunk after than be drunk before

yellowmellow
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby yellowmellow » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:49 am

Dear UCLA,

Any news would be nice. Do you remember me? You told me I was complete on 10/07 and haven't spoken to me since. I'm beginning to think you've moved on. Please don't forget about our relationship. I love you.

<3 Yellow.

User avatar
wackyjack22
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby wackyjack22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:34 am

I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.

User avatar
weee
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby weee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:48 am

wackyjack22 wrote:I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.


Tell them about your Michigan Scholarship?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JenDarby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 pm

My phone just rang and I got momentarily excited thinking about the schools that call about acceptances....turns out somehow my alarm got set and was on the same tone as my ringer. :(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:32 pm

JenDarby wrote:My phone just rang and I got momentarily excited thinking about the schools that call about acceptances....turns out somehow my alarm got set and was on the same tone as my ringer. :(


My phone is on silent all the time and every time a reminder, appointment, text, email, low battery ... I don't care anymore...

User avatar
wackyjack22
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby wackyjack22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:05 pm

weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.


Tell them about your Michigan Scholarship?



I haven't gotten a Michigan scholarship yet. I'm assuming that because people with my numbers generally get about $45k that I, too, will receive this, but this is not conclusive yet. Did I post that I had received a scholarship somewhere on accident? I don't want to seem like a flame so hopefully this is not the case.

User avatar
weee
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby weee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:07 pm

wackyjack22 wrote:
weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.


Tell them about your Michigan Scholarship?



I haven't gotten a Michigan scholarship yet. I'm assuming that because people with my numbers generally get about $45k that I, too, will receive this, but this is not conclusive yet. Did I post that I had received a scholarship somewhere on accident? I don't want to seem like a flame so hopefully this is not the case.


They pretty much use a formula as far as I can tell, so it is on the way, and then you should tell UCLA

User avatar
wackyjack22
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby wackyjack22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 pm

weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:
weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.


Tell them about your Michigan Scholarship?



I haven't gotten a Michigan scholarship yet. I'm assuming that because people with my numbers generally get about $45k that I, too, will receive this, but this is not conclusive yet. Did I post that I had received a scholarship somewhere on accident? I don't want to seem like a flame so hopefully this is not the case.


They pretty much use a formula as far as I can tell, so it is on the way, and then you should tell UCLA



Thanks! I am from So Cal so if UCLA were to give me enough money I might just be willing to stay, especially with the Williams Institute.

FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby FutureInLaw » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:15 pm

No calls today, I assume? Maybe tomorrow??

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:20 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:No calls today, I assume? Maybe tomorrow??


no call here. Who knows, UCLA is unpredictable. They might call people tonight

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:00 pm

weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:
weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.


Tell them about your Michigan Scholarship?



I haven't gotten a Michigan scholarship yet. I'm assuming that because people with my numbers generally get about $45k that I, too, will receive this, but this is not conclusive yet. Did I post that I had received a scholarship somewhere on accident? I don't want to seem like a flame so hopefully this is not the case.


They pretty much use a formula as far as I can tell, so it is on the way, and then you should tell UCLA


UCLA actually sent an email that included a note saying that scholarships are done on a rolling basis and you should tell them of any scholarship offers you get. I'm debating whether I should tell them about my Fordham $60k (20/yr), or wait for my inevitable huge money from WUSTL before I play the game.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AntsInMyEyesJohnson, Baby Gaga, Finickywalrus, galeatus, Google Adsense [Bot], izha, oliviaj_j, potterotter, proteinshake, reydingo, sonyco and 22 guests