UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
applepiecrust

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

Darn, I only went complete today. Somehow I told both the LA schools I'm taking the LSAT in February (which I am; they're just not supposed to wait for it).

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:04 am

This is getting beyond frustrating

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:48 am

glitter178 wrote:This is getting beyond frustrating

You ain't neva lied.

bistduverrueckt

Postby bistduverrueckt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 am

vegenator wrote:Nothing pizza, er... Ucla relevant to add here. Just chiming in to say that I like bistdu's screenname (ja, bin ich auch :wink: )

Danke. Ich glaube, dass hier wir alle ein bisschen verrueckt sind. :D

On another note, today marks my one month complete anniversary at UCLA. Haven't heard from them since. Hoping for something soon.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 am

bistduverrueckt wrote:Danke. Ich glaube, dass hier wir alle ein bisschen verrueckt sind. :D

Ja, deshalb bin ich nicht im hier viel gewesen. Ich brauche dieses Thread jetzt weil meine Entscheidung ich will, und ich kann nicht allein warten!

(sorry, my German may be a little rusty.)

sarcasticswede

Postby sarcasticswede » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:16 am

finally got a call from the dean today : ) for those of you still waiting, don't worry! i've been complete for OVER 2 MONTHS... completely thought i was destined for a yp waitlist but guess not.

and he called fairly late too, after 7pm PST just fyi.

bistduverrueckt

Postby bistduverrueckt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 am

sarcasticswede wrote:finally got a call from the dean today : ) for those of you still waiting, don't worry! i've been complete for OVER 2 MONTHS... completely thought i was destined for a yp waitlist but guess not.

Thanks for giving me hope :D

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:Danke. Ich glaube, dass hier wir alle ein bisschen verrueckt sind. :D

Ja, deshalb bin ich nicht im hier viel gewesen. Ich brauche dieses Thread jetzt weil meine Entscheidung ich will, und ich kann nicht allein warten!

(sorry, my German may be a little rusty.)

Es stimmt, dass wir alle hier verrueckt Sind :D, heisst aber nicht, dass wir normalerweise so sind. das endlose (verdammte) Warten spielt doch eine grosse Rolle dabei!

Bildungsroman, willkommen im Klub!

Goddamn waiting... I'm bored... :D

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:34 am

< /German>

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:35 am

sarcasticswede wrote:finally got a call from the dean today : ) for those of you still waiting, don't worry! i've been complete for OVER 2 MONTHS... completely thought i was destined for a yp waitlist but guess not.

Awesome! Congrats! Renewed hope! Scratch that last post of mine! Something new to keep me entertained (the thought of late night calls from the dean! :P ) I've also been complete for 2 months, so this is great news!

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 am

jamiLAW wrote:< /German>

Yeah, sorry, done. Promise :mrgreen:

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:41 am

vegenator wrote:
Awesome! Congrats! Renewed hope! Scratch that last post of mine! Something new to keep me entertained (the thought of late night calls from the dean! :P ) I've also been complete for 2 months, so this is great news!

Lol I don't know about the "late night" part. I think it would be pretty awful to be at a bar on a friday night and have the dean of admissions from your potential law school give you a call

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:44 am

jamiLAW wrote:
vegenator wrote:

Lol I don't know about the "late night" part. I think it would be pretty awful to be at a bar on a friday night and have the dean of admissions from your potential law school give you a call

Or would it pretty awesome? :)

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:47 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:
vegenator wrote:

Or would it pretty awesome? :)

Depends on how hearty the party was before the call... Better to get drunk after than be drunk before

yellowmellow

Postby yellowmellow » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:49 am

Dear UCLA,

Any news would be nice. Do you remember me? You told me I was complete on 10/07 and haven't spoken to me since. I'm beginning to think you've moved on. Please don't forget about our relationship. I love you.

<3 Yellow.

wackyjack22

Postby wackyjack22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:34 am

I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.

weee

Postby weee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:48 am

wackyjack22 wrote:I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.

Tell them about your Michigan Scholarship?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 pm

My phone just rang and I got momentarily excited thinking about the schools that call about acceptances....turns out somehow my alarm got set and was on the same tone as my ringer. :(

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:32 pm

JenDarby wrote:My phone just rang and I got momentarily excited thinking about the schools that call about acceptances....turns out somehow my alarm got set and was on the same tone as my ringer. :(

My phone is on silent all the time and every time a reminder, appointment, text, email, low battery ... I don't care anymore...

wackyjack22

Postby wackyjack22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:05 pm

weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:I also received a call around 7pm pst. I had to tell him to hold on because I had to exit the noisy restaurant. No scholarship discussion so I guess that precludes me...too bad, I kind of thought I might have a shot.

I haven't gotten a Michigan scholarship yet. I'm assuming that because people with my numbers generally get about $45k that I, too, will receive this, but this is not conclusive yet. Did I post that I had received a scholarship somewhere on accident? I don't want to seem like a flame so hopefully this is not the case.

weee

Postby weee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:07 pm

wackyjack22 wrote:
weee wrote:

I haven't gotten a Michigan scholarship yet. I'm assuming that because people with my numbers generally get about $45k that I, too, will receive this, but this is not conclusive yet. Did I post that I had received a scholarship somewhere on accident? I don't want to seem like a flame so hopefully this is not the case.

They pretty much use a formula as far as I can tell, so it is on the way, and then you should tell UCLA

wackyjack22

Postby wackyjack22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 pm

weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:
weee wrote:

They pretty much use a formula as far as I can tell, so it is on the way, and then you should tell UCLA

Thanks! I am from So Cal so if UCLA were to give me enough money I might just be willing to stay, especially with the Williams Institute.

FutureInLaw

Postby FutureInLaw » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:15 pm

No calls today, I assume? Maybe tomorrow??

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:20 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:No calls today, I assume? Maybe tomorrow??

no call here. Who knows, UCLA is unpredictable. They might call people tonight

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:00 pm

weee wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:
weee wrote:

UCLA actually sent an email that included a note saying that scholarships are done on a rolling basis and you should tell them of any scholarship offers you get. I'm debating whether I should tell them about my Fordham $60k (20/yr), or wait for my inevitable huge money from WUSTL before I play the game.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”