UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby cigrainger » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Cromartie wrote:
cigrainger wrote:I really hope I get a phone call, and early. It would be so nice to breathe a sigh of relief and know that, no matter how the rest of the cycle goes, I am going to law school. UCLA seems like an awesome place and somewhere I would consider over some higher ranked schools, especially if they are even a little bit generous with money.


+1. Only an acceptance to a T6 could potentially tear me away from UCLA, and even that is not a given. Love the school, love the location and I have no intention of permanently residing anywhere other than SoCal.

I got $30K from them with my current numbers last year, so I'm pretty sure with your numbers you'll get a pretty substantial amount.


Thanks cromartie! You hoping to get more $$ this year with a better LSAT? (Which I'm sure you rocked, btw).

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:37 am

Cromartie, was your offer given to you right when you were admitted? I was hoping to get some scholarship money at UCLA but it doesn't look like it'll happen.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Cromartie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 am

@ Cigrainger: Yup, hoping for more money this cycle. Seriously, I'm all but set on UCLA as I really can't see myself living elsewhere and generally abhor moving. That being said, there are a couple of schools that may just give me a compelling reason to move if I'm fortunate enough to get in.

@lakerfanimal: I actually got in off the waitlist. I applied pretty late, almost right at the deadline, and I was below the LSAT median with no GPA (international). And to answer your question more directly, I didn't get an offer at the time I was admitted, but I asked Dean Schwartz if I could possibly get some money based on my over-all application package and in spite of my LSAT score, and he was really generous about it.

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Alright thanks Cromartie! Maybe I will ask Dean Schwartz about it later then when I'm closer to deciding where I want to go. Thanks homie.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Anyone else heard back? You guys must be special to get early offers like this!

User avatar
adamdroog
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby adamdroog » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:Cromartie, was your offer given to you right when you were admitted? I was hoping to get some scholarship money at UCLA but it doesn't look like it'll happen.


Last year initial scholarship offers were made during the acceptance phone call. They encouraged scholarship negotiations, especially if you had an offer from a peer school.

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:31 pm

adamdroog wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:Cromartie, was your offer given to you right when you were admitted? I was hoping to get some scholarship money at UCLA but it doesn't look like it'll happen.


Last year initial scholarship offers were made during the acceptance phone call. They encouraged scholarship negotiations, especially if you had an offer from a peer school.


Oh awesome that's helpful. Hopefully I'll be able to get some offers from other schools then. Thanks

geraldo8187
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby geraldo8187 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:22 pm

They called me Friday and told me that I was accepted with a $20k/yr scholarship, so I can confirm that offers are being made. UCLA wasn't in my top 5 initially, but the offer is substantial enough to make me rethink things.

LSAT-167, GPA-4.00

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 pm

geraldo8187 wrote:They called me Friday and told me that I was accepted with a $20k/yr scholarship, so I can confirm that offers are being made. UCLA wasn't in my top 5 initially, but the offer is substantial enough to make me rethink things.

LSAT-167, GPA-4.00


Congrats! When did you submit/complete?

I was reading the USC viewbook I got in the mail today, I really do miss LA. A substantial scholarship from UCLA would lead to some serious thinking. My family loves the weather so I know what they would vote.

geraldo8187
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby geraldo8187 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 am

r6_philly wrote:
geraldo8187 wrote:They called me Friday and told me that I was accepted with a $20k/yr scholarship, so I can confirm that offers are being made. UCLA wasn't in my top 5 initially, but the offer is substantial enough to make me rethink things.

LSAT-167, GPA-4.00


Congrats! When did you submit/complete?

I was reading the USC viewbook I got in the mail today, I really do miss LA. A substantial scholarship from UCLA would lead to some serious thinking. My family loves the weather so I know what they would vote.


Thanks. Application was sent on 9/22, and it was completed 10/07.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:17 am

geraldo8187 wrote:Thanks. Application was sent on 9/22, and it was completed 10/07.


Wow same exact dates. Maybe they don't like my file as much as I thought they would.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby cigrainger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 am

Waiting impatiently by the phone. :wink:

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby msch0i » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:21 pm

IN!!!! ED, 165/3.8. Good luck to all of you! :D :D

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby vegenator » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:19 pm

msch0i wrote:IN!!!! ED, 165/3.8. Good luck to all of you! :D :D


CONGRATS!!! You must be thrilled! Now you can sit back and gear up for law school w/out the obsessive status checking, email checking, etc. Hope you get some nice scholly money!
Way to go! :D

mgregory3203
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby mgregory3203 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Just got an acceptance call, applied 9/24 with a 3.4 undegrad GPA and 180 LSAT. Good luck to everyone!

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby cigrainger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Congrats to both of you! Totally awesome!

User avatar
adamdroog
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby adamdroog » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 pm

msch0i wrote:IN!!!! ED, 165/3.8. Good luck to all of you! :D :D


Congratulations. I am glad to know that they are looking at ED applications. Hopefully, I will get the call soon.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby beachbum » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:02 pm

adamdroog wrote:
msch0i wrote:IN!!!! ED, 165/3.8. Good luck to all of you! :D :D


Congratulations. I am glad to know that they are looking at ED applications. Hopefully, I will get the call soon.


If the numbers in your profile are accurate: congrats, you're in.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:02 pm

r6_philly wrote:
geraldo8187 wrote:Thanks. Application was sent on 9/22, and it was completed 10/07.


Wow same exact dates. Maybe they don't like my file as much as I thought they would.


Yeah these guys must be teh speshulz. Sent 9/18, complete 10/7, no call yet :)

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby cigrainger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:23 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
geraldo8187 wrote:Thanks. Application was sent on 9/22, and it was completed 10/07.


Wow same exact dates. Maybe they don't like my file as much as I thought they would.


Yeah these guys must be teh speshulz. Sent 9/18, complete 10/7, no call yet :)


And with your numbers? Argh.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby cigrainger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Those who have been accepted: did you get an acceptance email too? My complete email said all decisions will be communicated by email. Also, did you receive an 'under review' email or just the complete one?

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby msch0i » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:00 pm

cigrainger wrote:Those who have been accepted: did you get an acceptance email too? My complete email said all decisions will be communicated by email. Also, did you receive an 'under review' email or just the complete one?


Just a phone call - no e-mails except the complete e-mail. I believe he said a letter will be sent out in...a few days or weeks. Honestly I was too shocked and missed that detail. :oops:

mgregory3203
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby mgregory3203 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 am

msch0i wrote:
cigrainger wrote:Those who have been accepted: did you get an acceptance email too? My complete email said all decisions will be communicated by email. Also, did you receive an 'under review' email or just the complete one?


Just a phone call - no e-mails except the complete e-mail. I believe he said a letter will be sent out in...a few days or weeks. Honestly I was too shocked and missed that detail. :oops:


Ditto- phone call yesterday, no email, he said a letter was coming as well but didn't specify when

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Knock » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:37 pm

In at UCLA 10/28 via phone call, RD. Said they would be mailing out the acceptance letter early next week. Very excited, congrats to everyone who has already been accepted and good luck to everyone who is waiting on a decision!

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Marionberry » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Congrats knock!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests