UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
QuailMan
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby QuailMan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:24 pm

shanshan333 wrote:When did you submit?


sent 10/20, complete 10/25

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:08 pm

trudat15 wrote:
justadude55 wrote:do u people mean median or 50th percentile?? the median is norm closer to 75th at a top schools.


Median = 50th percentile

:lol: I think he meant the mean.

Juuuulie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Juuuulie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:22 am

My application went out tonight.

I imagine I'll be waitlisted, unless they like the idea of an older student who intends to go into public interest health law!

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:20 am

Got the complete email today.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:26 pm

No call today... 30 days to go.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 pm

no updates on LSN either. It looks like they made a lot of calls on the first friday of December last year, so hopefully some people will hear back this week on the 3rd

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:no updates on LSN either. It looks like they made a lot of calls on the first friday of December last year, so hopefully some people will hear back this week on the 3rd


Here's to hoping. I have had my phone glued to my rear end all month (since November). My husband thinks I'm crazy for taking it into the shower with me right outside the basin but when I get a phone call, I jump right out and answer it. Yeah, I'm obsessed, but I think we all are at this point (or at least everyone I know that's ever gone through this process is).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:45 pm

So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.



LSN shows cases of people submitting in September and getting in as late as March.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.



LSN shows cases of people submitting in September and getting in as late as March.


When do they assess scholarships? I think March may be a bit late right?

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.



LSN shows cases of people submitting in September and getting in as late as March.


When do they assess scholarships? I think March may be a bit late right?


No they actually gave out some big scholarships up until March.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.



LSN shows cases of people submitting in September and getting in as late as March.


When do they assess scholarships? I think March may be a bit late right?


No they actually gave out some big scholarships up until March.


But it's upon admission or bust, right?

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:15 pm

But it's upon admission or bust, right?[/quote]

No clue, but the current thread consensus is yes, that's the case

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.


Given your numbers, that's flat out shocking. One of the pharmacists that my husband works with has a daughter going through the LS app cycle with us, and she has pretty much identical #s to you, and was offered admission 13 days after getting her "complete" e-mail. NOT ED, either. She ED'd to Penn IIRC.

Dunno... this whole process is like witchcraft to me.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.


Given your numbers, that's flat out shocking. One of the pharmacists that my husband works with has a daughter going through the LS app cycle with us, and she has pretty much identical #s to you, and was offered admission 13 days after getting her "complete" e-mail. NOT ED, either. She ED'd to Penn IIRC.

Dunno... this whole process is like witchcraft to me.


I don't know what's up. I would love to have UCLA has an option.

Cool I hope she gets into Penn. Why she ED? She should get in RD with my stats.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.


Given your numbers, that's flat out shocking. One of the pharmacists that my husband works with has a daughter going through the LS app cycle with us, and she has pretty much identical #s to you, and was offered admission 13 days after getting her "complete" e-mail. NOT ED, either. She ED'd to Penn IIRC.

Dunno... this whole process is like witchcraft to me.


I don't know what's up. I would love to have UCLA has an option.

Cool I hope she gets into Penn. Why she ED? She should get in RD with my stats.


Impatience, I am guessing... The draw of being accepted and know where you're going so early in the cycle is quite strong.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby trudat15 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So should I stop expecting anything? I was complete in Sept. and have not heard a peep.


Given your numbers, that's flat out shocking. One of the pharmacists that my husband works with has a daughter going through the LS app cycle with us, and she has pretty much identical #s to you, and was offered admission 13 days after getting her "complete" e-mail. NOT ED, either. She ED'd to Penn IIRC.

Dunno... this whole process is like witchcraft to me.


I don't know what's up. I would love to have UCLA has an option.

Cool I hope she gets into Penn. Why she ED? She should get in RD with my stats.


Didnt you already get Berk? Would you really consider UCLA over it? Or are you like me and stalking threads of schools you theoretically should be admitted to, but havent heard back from and wondering what the hell is going on?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:10 pm

trudat15 wrote:
Didnt you already get Berk? Would you really consider UCLA over it? Or are you like me and stalking threads of schools you theoretically should be admitted to, but havent heard back from and wondering what the hell is going on?


Ya, maybe :D

I am open minded to UCLA/USC depending on the offer. I wasn't really "counting" on Berkeley, so even though I got in, I still operate on the old mindset that I would consider UCLA/USC over lower T14's due to location. :mrgreen:

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby trudat15 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 pm

r6_philly wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Didnt you already get Berk? Would you really consider UCLA over it? Or are you like me and stalking threads of schools you theoretically should be admitted to, but havent heard back from and wondering what the hell is going on?


Ya, maybe :D

I am open minded to UCLA/USC depending on the offer. I wasn't really "counting" on Berkeley, so even though I got in, I still operate on the old mindset that I would consider UCLA/USC over lower T14's due to location. :mrgreen:


Got it. Always nice to have options. Especially ones in LA (born and raised here). Congrats on Berk, BTW. Still havent heard back, though my GPA is low for them.

I'm sure you'll hear something from UCLA soon, and if not, major YP but you'll have great options regardless.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:33 pm

trudat15 wrote:
Got it. Always nice to have options. Especially ones in LA (born and raised here). Congrats on Berk, BTW. Still havent heard back, though my GPA is low for them.

I'm sure you'll hear something from UCLA soon, and if not, major YP but you'll have great options regardless.


Thanks!

I have some history with LA and I would love to get back there. My best friend teaches at Claremont. I love the area and I can see myself there. I am unsure about the bay area as much, I didn't like it before. Now if Stanford/Berkeley was in LA ... :D I guess I can "settle" for north cal if it comes down to that.

I may end up staying at Penn, but all this Cali dreaming is really really exciting!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 pm

It's funny... I'd rather go to Boston or Ithaca or Chicago, and you're dreaming of California. Grass is always greener, I guess!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:40 pm

I was forced to leave Cali, and I lived around NYC/Philly area for the last 16 years. I miss the nice weather. My wife was from Jamaica, my parents live on an island, I didn't see snow until I came to Philly ... so this winter crap I can do without.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be in Cambridge or New Heaven. And I love Penn, but we just can't stand this weather :lol: I'd go to Florida too but there is no good option down there.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Knock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:I was forced to leave Cali, and I lived around NYC/Philly area for the last 16 years. I miss the nice weather. My wife was from Jamaica, my parents live on an island, I didn't see snow until I came to Philly ... so this winter crap I can do without.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be in Cambridge or New Heaven. And I love Penn, but we just can't stand this weather :lol: I'd go to Florida too but there is no good option down there.


I don't know if this was intentional or a subliminal slip, but either way it's pretty funny :lol:.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby TT09 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:I was forced to leave Cali, and I lived around NYC/Philly area for the last 16 years. I miss the nice weather. My wife was from Jamaica, my parents live on an island, I didn't see snow until I came to Philly ... so this winter crap I can do without.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be in Cambridge or New Heaven. And I love Penn, but we just can't stand this weather :lol: I'd go to Florida too but there is no good option down there.


Yeah, I bet you wish it was called that, r6!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm

It was definitely not intentional, and I lived there for a short time... wrote my 250 on the subject. Take it how you will :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Bing [Bot], fattsdomino, lillawyer2, NorthDragon and 18 guests