UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LawLucy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 pm

eaa1537 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
eaa1537 wrote:Just got a phone call!!! I'm in with scholarship :)

Submitted 11/01, Completed 11/02, Decision 11/15

good luck to everyone else!!

PM me if you want stats


Just got a call! Submitted 10/30, Complete 11/01, Decision 11/15

Didn't mention a scholarship, so I'm assuming none.

3.77/168


Congratulations to the both of you!!! how exciting

Did you both apply Early Decision?




Thanks!

But nope, I'm RD, waiting to see how the rest of my cycle goes!


WOW!
that is great to go that fast! sheesh...what a way to start off :D

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm also RD, also waiting to see. I'm holding out hope he just didn't mention a scholarship... on LSN there's someone with a my status + like .06 gpa and right out of undergrad with 60k, but he was a Biomedical engineer.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember- the area code is 310 :D

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LawLucy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:I'm also RD, also waiting to see. I'm holding out hope he just didn't mention a scholarship... on LSN there's someone with a my status + like .06 gpa and right out of undergrad with 60k, but he was a Biomedical engineer.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember- the area code is 310 :D


did you just FREAK when you saw that area code come through? LOL...enquiring minds wants to know how you don't just scream your bloody head off. :roll:

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:47 pm

LawLucy wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I'm also RD, also waiting to see. I'm holding out hope he just didn't mention a scholarship... on LSN there's someone with a my status + like .06 gpa and right out of undergrad with 60k, but he was a Biomedical engineer.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember- the area code is 310 :D


did you just FREAK when you saw that area code come through? LOL...enquiring minds wants to know how you don't just scream your bloody head off. :roll:


I wasn't CERTAIN since I have friends in LA, but yah, I was pretty excited- it only flashed through my mind that it might possibly be, then when he asked who I was and said it was Robert Schwartz I flipped. I refrained from screaming or saying something stupid on the phone though.

And for those asking: no evaluations here, just 2x LOR.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I'm also RD, also waiting to see. I'm holding out hope he just didn't mention a scholarship... on LSN there's someone with a my status + like .06 gpa and right out of undergrad with 60k, but he was a Biomedical engineer.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember- the area code is 310 :D


did you just FREAK when you saw that area code come through? LOL...enquiring minds wants to know how you don't just scream your bloody head off. :roll:


I wasn't CERTAIN since I have friends in LA, but yah, I was pretty excited- it only flashed through my mind that it might possibly be, then when he asked who I was and said it was Robert Schwartz I flipped. I refrained from screaming or saying something stupid on the phone though.

And for those asking: no evaluations here, just 2x LOR.


Ditto. No evaluations, 2 general LORs, above median GPA/LSAT.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Knock wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I'm also RD, also waiting to see. I'm holding out hope he just didn't mention a scholarship... on LSN there's someone with a my status + like .06 gpa and right out of undergrad with 60k, but he was a Biomedical engineer.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember- the area code is 310 :D


did you just FREAK when you saw that area code come through? LOL...enquiring minds wants to know how you don't just scream your bloody head off. :roll:


I wasn't CERTAIN since I have friends in LA, but yah, I was pretty excited- it only flashed through my mind that it might possibly be, then when he asked who I was and said it was Robert Schwartz I flipped. I refrained from screaming or saying something stupid on the phone though.

And for those asking: no evaluations here, just 2x LOR.


Ditto. No evaluations, 2 general LORs, above median GPA/LSAT.


I should add I'm OOS. Knock, I believe you're Cali based?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Knock wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:
did you just FREAK when you saw that area code come through? LOL...enquiring minds wants to know how you don't just scream your bloody head off. :roll:


I wasn't CERTAIN since I have friends in LA, but yah, I was pretty excited- it only flashed through my mind that it might possibly be, then when he asked who I was and said it was Robert Schwartz I flipped. I refrained from screaming or saying something stupid on the phone though.

And for those asking: no evaluations here, just 2x LOR.


Ditto. No evaluations, 2 general LORs, above median GPA/LSAT.


I should add I'm OOS. Knock, I believe you're Cali based?


Correct, good point, not sure if being a resident affected my application, but I sure did hear back quick.

User avatar
sarcasticswede
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby sarcasticswede » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Ugh now I'm really getting worried, I went complete 10/13 and still nothing : / Am I getting YPed or is being there already for undergrad hurting me?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 pm

sarcasticswede wrote:Ugh now I'm really getting worried, I went complete 10/13 and still nothing : / Am I getting YPed or is being there already for undergrad hurting me?


With your stats it might be a YP. Have fun at Berkeley though.

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LawLucy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:54 pm

[/quote]I wasn't CERTAIN since I have friends in LA, but yah, I was pretty excited- it only flashed through my mind that it might possibly be, then when he asked who I was and said it was Robert Schwartz I flipped. I refrained from screaming or saying something stupid on the phone though.[/quote]

beautiful. You win the Academy Award for best restraint under a truly life changing moment.

8)

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm

I just realized UCLA has full funding (JD included) for a JD/PhD in Philosophy. My life just got much more complicated.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby glitter178 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:I just realized UCLA has full funding (JD included) for a JD/PhD in Philosophy. My life just got much more complicated.


dude... your bump got me all excited that maybe someone else got a call... DAMN

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LawLucy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:I just realized UCLA has full funding (JD included) for a JD/PhD in Philosophy. My life just got much more complicated.


so what is that? 7 years of studying versus 3 years? I am trying to wrap my brain around this.
I spent 2.5 yrs getting an MBA...trust me, you had better REALLY want to get a PH.D...most doctorate programs are 3-5 years long. just food for thought.
My GF is in her 4th year doctorate program in criminal psychology...she is BURNED OUT from all the papers, thesis writing and assisting professors.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 pm

LawLucy wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I just realized UCLA has full funding (JD included) for a JD/PhD in Philosophy. My life just got much more complicated.


so what is that? 7 years of studying versus 3 years? I am trying to wrap my brain around this.
I spent 2.5 yrs getting an MBA...trust me, you had better REALLY want to get a PH.D...most doctorate programs are 3-5 years long. just food for thought.
My GF is in her 4th year doctorate program in criminal psychology...she is BURNED OUT from all the papers, thesis writing and assisting professors.


I wanted to do a JD/PhD in Law and Philosophy but was dissuaded because strictly speaking a JD is sufficient. But UCLA philosophy is so good, and I'm actually a much better grad school candidate than law school one. I have to think about this...

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LawLucy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:33 pm

quote]I wanted to do a JD/PhD in Law and Philosophy but was dissuaded because strictly speaking a JD is sufficient. But UCLA philosophy is so good, and I'm actually a much better grad school candidate than law school one. I have to think about this...[/quote]


I will PM my phone number. I will take your spot :D

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:41 pm

LawLucy wrote:quote]I wanted to do a JD/PhD in Law and Philosophy but was dissuaded because strictly speaking a JD is sufficient. But UCLA philosophy is so good, and I'm actually a much better grad school candidate than law school one. I have to think about this...



I will PM my phone number. I will take your spot :D[/quote]

Lol you misunderstand- I'd still be in UCLA law- this is in their favor lol

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:quote]I wanted to do a JD/PhD in Law and Philosophy but was dissuaded because strictly speaking a JD is sufficient. But UCLA philosophy is so good, and I'm actually a much better grad school candidate than law school one. I have to think about this...



I will PM my phone number. I will take your spot :D


Lol you misunderstand- I'd still be in UCLA law- this is in their favor lol[/quote]

I KNOW!!! I was so excited when I read that online. But the program isn't as accelerated as other schools (check out Georgetown).

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:quote]I wanted to do a JD/PhD in Law and Philosophy but was dissuaded because strictly speaking a JD is sufficient. But UCLA philosophy is so good, and I'm actually a much better grad school candidate than law school one. I have to think about this...



I will PM my phone number. I will take your spot :D


Lol you misunderstand- I'd still be in UCLA law- this is in their favor lol


I KNOW!!! I was so excited when I read that online. But the program isn't as accelerated as other schools (check out Georgetown).[/quote]

Funding totally trumps acceleration. Unless you mean Gtown is also fully funded...

User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby re-applicant » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
sarcasticswede wrote:Ugh now I'm really getting worried, I went complete 10/13 and still nothing : / Am I getting YPed or is being there already for undergrad hurting me?


With your stats it might be a YP. Have fun at Berkeley though.


Does UCLA YP? I thought I'd be well into admit territory last year only to get waitlisted at the latest possible date they could notify me, maybe 5 months after I applied. I went complete on Oct 7th and I do not want to wait until April to be waitlisted.

User avatar
sarcasticswede
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby sarcasticswede » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:29 pm

i wasn't aware that they did, but considering a good number of people who applied after me have already heard i'm getting concerned. re-applicant would you mind PMing me your stats so i can figure out how much of a freak out is warranted?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Well I applied in Sept, and I think a YP wait or WL is coming.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby glitter178 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:29 pm

r6_philly wrote:Well I applied in Sept, and I think a YP wait or WL is coming.


i don't think your numbers are high enough for them to YP you. they are, however, high enough that you'll probably be in, with an ok scholarship. be patient :)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:33 pm

glitter178 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Well I applied in Sept, and I think a YP wait or WL is coming.


i don't think your numbers are high enough for them to YP you. they are, however, high enough that you'll probably be in, with an ok scholarship. be patient :)


I am above both 75 and looks like deeply rooted in the NE (on paper), hopefully you are right. But it's been 3 weeks since I heard from UT, I am getting through withdrawal.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby glitter178 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:36 pm

r6_philly wrote:
glitter178 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Well I applied in Sept, and I think a YP wait or WL is coming.


i don't think your numbers are high enough for them to YP you. they are, however, high enough that you'll probably be in, with an ok scholarship. be patient :)


I am above both 75 and looks like deeply rooted in the NE (on paper), hopefully you are right. But it's been 3 weeks since I heard from UT, I am getting through withdrawal.


just remember that we are one day past the deadline for ED applicants, so it is still very, very early in the cycle. you will be in, with scholarship for sure. hopefully i follow right behind you.

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LawLucy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:37 pm

[/quote]Does UCLA YP? I thought I'd be well into admit territory last year only to get waitlisted at the latest possible date they could notify me, maybe 5 months after I applied. I went complete on Oct 7th and I do not want to wait until April to be waitlisted.[/quote]




well, doesn't this just make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
bleh.
to think I may see tulips pop-up before feeling any love really warms the cockles of my heart.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], rubixcube and 15 guests