UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
descartesb4thehorse

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:38 pm

LiveFreeOrLaw wrote:Isn't April 1st the deadline for UCLA to notify us?

Per application complete email: It is difficult for us to predict when you will receive a final decision. We will make decisions through the end of April.

But, man, that was a nice then immediately scary feeling thinking that UCLA will have decided by 4/1. Being among the last decisions made can't mean anything good.

LiveFreeOrLaw

Postby LiveFreeOrLaw » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:00 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:

Per application complete email: It is difficult for us to predict when you will receive a final decision. We will make decisions through the end of April.

But, man, that was a nice then immediately scary feeling thinking that UCLA will have decided by 4/1. Being among the last decisions made can't mean anything good.

No scholarship for sure.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:06 pm

LiveFreeOrLaw wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:

No scholarship for sure.

I still can't believe you applied in September with those numbers and haven't heard anything. If your application were a child, it would be crawling already. Your story alone is reason enough for me to skip UCLA in my early apps next year, even if I do increase my LSAT.

EverTrue

Postby EverTrue » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:49 pm

LiveFreeOrLaw wrote:6 months of waiting is borderline unethical

+1

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:31 pm

I got my decision back in January, so I no longer keep up to date with this thread. However, the question mark in "UCLA? 2011" is still perplexing to me.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:43 pm

jrose5 wrote:I got my decision back in January, so I no longer keep up to date with this thread. However, the question mark in "UCLA? 2011" is still perplexing to me.

The lack of decision from UCLA is perplexing to me as well.

apple1234

Postby apple1234 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Anyone have any news today? Nothing?

Pubica

Postby Pubica » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Still no news...

Pretty sure I'm boned.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Waitlisted. It's better than a ding I guess...! Stats/dates on LSN in my profile.

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Waitlist email also. Can't withdraw fast enough.

samboy

Postby samboy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Have they stopped acceptances? I wonder if they're only sending dings/waitlist?

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Last edited by mr_toad on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lemonie

Postby lemonie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:14 pm

samboy wrote:Have they stopped acceptances? I wonder if they're only sending dings/waitlist?

Please..

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

vleland

Postby vleland » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:31 pm

For what it's worth, I called admissions today. I played dumb, she played nice. She said that "they will be making decisions until the end of April." And I said, "so, you are still admitting people, it's not just waitlist and rejects?" She said, "yes, until the end of April and then people are pulled from the waitlist up until the start of classes."

So that's the formal answer, we already know. It seems that the reality however, is that they've admitted who they want and now it's a matter of how many admits withdraw.

She asked my name, checked my file. said i was complete Feb 10th so she would expect that i hear back in the next two weeks. I mentioned that some deposits are due at other schools in two weeks as opposed to the end of April. She said that if I hadn't heard anything from the Dean within 2 weeks and really needed to know, it would be okay to e-mail him. I would never do that. On the very slim chance I'll be accepted, I'm not going to risk being inpatient.

Good luck to everyone!

samboy

Postby samboy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:34 pm

I hope not...I mean I've only heard of people getting the waitlist today. Anyone get dinged? Any acceptances? Please let us know!

IgnatiusJ

Postby IgnatiusJ » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:29 am

Not a peep on my end, still waiting on UCLA, qua qua qua

khodorko

Postby khodorko » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:09 pm

vleland wrote:For what it's worth, I called admissions today. I played dumb, she played nice. She said that "they will be making decisions until the end of April." And I said, "so, you are still admitting people, it's not just waitlist and rejects?" She said, "yes, until the end of April and then people are pulled from the waitlist up until the start of classes."

So that's the formal answer, we already know. It seems that the reality however, is that they've admitted who they want and now it's a matter of how many admits withdraw.

She asked my name, checked my file. said i was complete Feb 10th so she would expect that i hear back in the next two weeks. I mentioned that some deposits are due at other schools in two weeks as opposed to the end of April. She said that if I hadn't heard anything from the Dean within 2 weeks and really needed to know, it would be okay to e-mail him. I would never do that. On the very slim chance I'll be accepted, I'm not going to risk being inpatient.

Good luck to everyone!

So basically a Waitlist for everyone remaining if they're going to continue giving decisions until the END of April, that's after seat deposits are due for every single school. Way to go, UCLA. I'm really glad I was across town for undergrad...

lemonie

Postby lemonie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:18 pm

khodorko wrote:
vleland wrote:For what it's worth, I called admissions today. I played dumb, she played nice. She said that "they will be making decisions until the end of April." And I said, "so, you are still admitting people, it's not just waitlist and rejects?" She said, "yes, until the end of April and then people are pulled from the waitlist up until the start of classes."

Good luck to everyone!

So basically a Waitlist for everyone remaining if they're going to continue giving decisions until the END of April, that's after seat deposits are due for every single school. Way to go, UCLA. I'm really glad I was across town for undergrad...

+1

samboy

Postby samboy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:24 pm

lemonie wrote:
khodorko wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

+1

Well, these are all assumptions...there's still hope.

fatedreality

Postby fatedreality » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm

samboy wrote:Well, these are all assumptions...there's still hope.

lol agreed! must.think.positive.thoughts.

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Good luck to everyone!

I went complete 2 weeks before you, so I should have heard... Today?

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:35 pm

helloperson wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

Well, I was complete 3+ months before both you, so.....

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 pm

mistermister wrote:
helloperson wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

Well, I was complete 3+ months before both you, so.....

Touché

vleland

Postby vleland » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:58 pm

helloperson wrote: I went complete 2 weeks before you, so I should have heard... Today?

Yeah, who knows why she said "you will probably hear something within 2 weeks." Could've been that she knew a decision had been rendered since she was looking at my file at the time. Or, maybe she was just trying to be responsive to my point about some deposits being due in 2 weeks.

Trying to be positive but it seems like it's been a while since anyone on the board has gotten the call.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:15 pm

dinged but i didn't stand a chance. Not sure why it took almost 3 months to get back to me for a deny but oh well

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”