UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby champsound » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Somebody should send a email to withdraw their app with this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLLEZlpUxk

registeredtosay
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby registeredtosay » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:15 pm

obsessedandproud wrote:I've been complete since 11/30 and have been waiting for a decision, but I just got an email from UCLA with the subject "UCLA Law - Info. for Admitted Students", which has information about the admitted student website, visiting the law school, and applying for financial aid. I'm really confused since I never received a phone call from Dean Schwartz or an acceptance email. I'm waiting for the "oops, we sent you that by mistake" email to follow...... Just wanted to know if UCLA has mistakenly sent this email to anyone else also.


I got the same e-mail with a call yesterday. Dean Schwartz must have had trouble calling you, but this is your acceptance email. You're in!

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby helloperson » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:20 pm

champsound wrote:Somebody should send a email to withdraw their app with this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLLEZlpUxk


I saw that on facebook yesterday. Why was she let in to UCLA in the first place? I know it's undergrad, but still...

User avatar
obsessedandproud
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:01 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby obsessedandproud » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:55 pm

registeredtosay wrote:
obsessedandproud wrote:I've been complete since 11/30 and have been waiting for a decision, but I just got an email from UCLA with the subject "UCLA Law - Info. for Admitted Students", which has information about the admitted student website, visiting the law school, and applying for financial aid. I'm really confused since I never received a phone call from Dean Schwartz or an acceptance email. I'm waiting for the "oops, we sent you that by mistake" email to follow...... Just wanted to know if UCLA has mistakenly sent this email to anyone else also.


I got the same e-mail with a call yesterday. Dean Schwartz must have had trouble calling you, but this is your acceptance email. You're in!


Awesome! I'm kind of a borderline applicant at UCLA so I've been a bit antsy about waiting... yay! Congrats on your acceptance!

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Dinged today. Thought I'd at least get the waitlist...this wasn't really something I'd considered. Well, good luck to everyone else.

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby apple1234 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:Dinged today. Thought I'd at least get the waitlist...this wasn't really something I'd considered. Well, good luck to everyone else.


Wow, sorry to hear about that. Makes me very nervous.... we have the same complete date and similar numbers. UCLA is my #1...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 pm

apple1234 wrote:
jwmalone87 wrote:Dinged today. Thought I'd at least get the waitlist...this wasn't really something I'd considered. Well, good luck to everyone else.


Wow, sorry to hear about that. Makes me very nervous.... we have the same complete date and similar numbers. UCLA is my #1...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Haha, I actually found you by coincidence on LSN earlier and noticed we shared some similarities. The fact that you're still in this thing considering our same complete date is a good sign :) I'm sure you'll get something soon.

Looks like I'll be putting all my eggs in the USC basket now...the same USC who hasn't even put me UR. :roll: Gah, so much for SoCal.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby artichoke » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:Dinged today. Thought I'd at least get the waitlist...this wasn't really something I'd considered. Well, good luck to everyone else.


Dang, sorry about that. Their loss.

User avatar
canes
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby canes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:08 am

Withdrew today. Applied 11/24, absolutely nothing since. Good luck to you guys, hope I opened up another spot or at least one on the waitlist.

mia137
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby mia137 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 am

Withdrew last night. Hope my spot goes to one of you! And jw, I will withdraw from USC as soon as I figure out where/how to do that...might just email someone tonight. I hope my spot goes to you!!

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby splitmuch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Just got the WL, happy not to get dinged with my GPA, anyone know how much they drew from the WL last year?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby krad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:16 pm

artichoke wrote:
jwmalone87 wrote:Dinged today. Thought I'd at least get the waitlist...this wasn't really something I'd considered. Well, good luck to everyone else.


Dang, sorry about that. Their loss.

+1

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Just got the big WL. Booooo.

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby chasgoose » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:Just got the big WL. Booooo.


Sorry about that! My phone e-mail notifier went off right after I read this and I had just received an e-mail from UCLA, but it was just an e-mail from the events department at UCLA Live about a Radiolab live show I am seeing there next week. My heart stopped for a second though.

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:32 pm

chasgoose wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:Just got the big WL. Booooo.


Sorry about that! My phone e-mail notifier went off right after I read this and I had just received an e-mail from UCLA, but it was just an e-mail from the events department at UCLA Live about a Radiolab live show I am seeing there next week. My heart stopped for a second though.


Oooooo, I love radiolab! Anyway, I'd rather hang out with Jad and Robert than the dumb UCLA girl.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby krad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Sorry peas :(

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 pm

krad wrote:Sorry peas :(


It's all good, I will just call it a YP to protect my ego. :wink:

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

User avatar
apple1234
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby apple1234 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:44 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:Just got the big WL. Booooo.


Sorry to hear it. What's your complete date?

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:56 pm

apple1234 wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:Just got the big WL. Booooo.


Sorry to hear it. What's your complete date?


Complete 1/24

User avatar
cmaas
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby cmaas » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:18 pm

For those of you who were rejected or waitlisted, how were you notified?

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 pm

cmaas wrote:For those of you who were rejected or waitlisted, how were you notified?

Email.

ku1185
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby ku1185 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:31 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:
cmaas wrote:For those of you who were rejected or waitlisted, how were you notified?

Email.


I'm sorry you didn't get in, but it's somewhat of a relief knowing that they haven't made a decision and is making me wait for the postal service to deliver the bad news.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby NZA » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:13 am

Huh. I just realized I still haven't heard from UCLA! :| What's the deal?

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby whirledpeas86 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:15 am

NZA wrote:Huh. I just realized I still haven't heard from UCLA! :| What's the deal?


:lol:

Did you forget you applied there?

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby NZA » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:16 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:
NZA wrote:Huh. I just realized I still haven't heard from UCLA! :| What's the deal?


:lol:

Did you forget you applied there?

:oops: Maybe a little. They don't have a status checker! I haven't received any emails from them since I went complete in November! I place the blame squarely on their shoulders. A relationship is based on communication, UCLA.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Google Adsense [Bot], lillawyer2, mccracal, proteinshake and 15 guests