UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sami28
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:36 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Sami28 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:26 pm

In today! I applied in November, and was definitely expecting a WL at this point. :)

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jtemp320 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Complete 11/16...in today

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby akili » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Congrats to all the recent admits!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby akili » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Annnnnd just got the WL. Oh well.

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby chasgoose » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Ugh just got a call from an unknown 310 #. Just turned out my office got a new phone line :evil:

Congrats to all today's admits tho!

registeredtosay
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby registeredtosay » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Admitted! I'd also been complete forever, so I was definitely expecting the WL

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby snichols16 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:27 pm

registeredtosay wrote:Admitted! I'd also been complete forever, so I was definitely expecting the WL


Still complete since forever. Trying to think it's a good thing that I haven't yet heard.

User avatar
Siamsa414
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Siamsa414 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:28 pm

akili wrote:Annnnnd just got the WL. Oh well.


+1

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby BrightLine » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:36 pm

In today, complete sometime in February,

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Man, I haven't seen anyone sub-170 get the phone call in what seems like forever. Desperately hope UCLA breaks the mold for me, but hard not to get pessimistic.

frijoles99
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby frijoles99 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 pm

167 3.45(3.72 degree) In biotches. OMG I got the call in front of a tense negotiation with school districts. Basically I started jumping up and down and the main administrator looked at me paused and said"please don't cry in here." I wasn't crying , but I was damn happy. Got the call today

ku1185
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Ahhh! I need me some lovin' UCLA! I promise not to interrupt epiphanies in your libraries!

frijoles99
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby frijoles99 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Dude that's a terrible picture for not interrupting epiphanies.

ku1185
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby ku1185 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:44 pm

frijoles99 wrote:Dude that's a terrible picture for not interrupting epiphanies.


Lies. This picture gives all who gaze upon it infinitepiphanies.

And gratz =). I wish my 167 is as good as your 167 (doubt it though)

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 pm

frijoles99 wrote:167 3.45(3.72 degree) In biotches. OMG I got the call in front of a tense negotiation with school districts. Basically I started jumping up and down and the main administrator looked at me paused and said"please don't cry in here." I wasn't crying , but I was damn happy. Got the call today

That's awesome. Are you an URM? Please say no and allow me just a little bit of hope here. :(

frijoles99
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby frijoles99 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Nope not Strict URM, but I did write a diversity statement. No I was not an indigent eskimo who clawed my way across the states to attend a University.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 pm

frijoles99 wrote:Nope not Strict URM, but I did write a diversity statement. No I was not an indigent eskimo who clawed my way across the states to attend a University.

A relief to hear, and congratulations again. Despite not being an URM myself, I appreciate how UCLA was my only school that actually asked about parents' education, household income levels growing up, etc. Don't feel like that entitles me to an acceptance, but I hope it allows just a little leeway with the numbers.

registeredtosay
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby registeredtosay » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 am

jwmalone87 wrote:
frijoles99 wrote:Nope not Strict URM, but I did write a diversity statement. No I was not an indigent eskimo who clawed my way across the states to attend a University.

A relief to hear, and congratulations again. Despite not being an URM myself, I appreciate how UCLA was my only school that actually asked about parents' education, household income levels growing up, etc. Don't feel like that entitles me to an acceptance, but I hope it allows just a little leeway with the numbers.


To give you even more hope: I'm lily white, under 170, and don't have a great GPA. I just got in today after a ridiculous wait.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby artichoke » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 am

registeredtosay wrote:
jwmalone87 wrote:
frijoles99 wrote:Nope not Strict URM, but I did write a diversity statement. No I was not an indigent eskimo who clawed my way across the states to attend a University.

A relief to hear, and congratulations again. Despite not being an URM myself, I appreciate how UCLA was my only school that actually asked about parents' education, household income levels growing up, etc. Don't feel like that entitles me to an acceptance, but I hope it allows just a little leeway with the numbers.


To give you even more hope: I'm lily white, under 170, and don't have a great GPA. I just got in today after a ridiculous wait.


How ridiculous? Because I've been waiting since Sep... :?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby krad » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 am

Congrats to the recent admits!!

I honestly can't believe that I haven't been WL/dinged at this point...! I'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope for a miracle here.

ku1185
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby ku1185 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:28 am

krad wrote:Congrats to the recent admits!!

I honestly can't believe that I haven't been WL/dinged at this point...! I'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope for a miracle here.


Gah! These people are giving me hope too, but that will just make the rejection hurt that much more.

samboy
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby samboy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:38 am

UCLA, please be nice today and give me a phone call. pleeeeeeeeeaseee.

User avatar
obsessedandproud
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:01 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby obsessedandproud » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:56 pm

I've been complete since 11/30 and have been waiting for a decision, but I just got an email from UCLA with the subject "UCLA Law - Info. for Admitted Students", which has information about the admitted student website, visiting the law school, and applying for financial aid. I'm really confused since I never received a phone call from Dean Schwartz or an acceptance email. I'm waiting for the "oops, we sent you that by mistake" email to follow...... Just wanted to know if UCLA has mistakenly sent this email to anyone else also.

ku1185
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby ku1185 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:12 pm

obsessedandproud wrote:I've been complete since 11/30 and have been waiting for a decision, but I just got an email from UCLA with the subject "UCLA Law - Info. for Admitted Students", which has information about the admitted student website, visiting the law school, and applying for financial aid. I'm really confused since I never received a phone call from Dean Schwartz or an acceptance email. I'm waiting for the "oops, we sent you that by mistake" email to follow...... Just wanted to know if UCLA has mistakenly sent this email to anyone else also.


1. Call UCLA
2. Inquire about e-mail
3. ???
4. Profit

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby helloperson » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:18 pm

obsessedandproud wrote:I've been complete since 11/30 and have been waiting for a decision, but I just got an email from UCLA with the subject "UCLA Law - Info. for Admitted Students", which has information about the admitted student website, visiting the law school, and applying for financial aid. I'm really confused since I never received a phone call from Dean Schwartz or an acceptance email. I'm waiting for the "oops, we sent you that by mistake" email to follow...... Just wanted to know if UCLA has mistakenly sent this email to anyone else also.

Sounds like you got in and they forgot to tell you. I got no such email and I'm not in (yet)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests