leopardRAWR wrote:helloperson wrote:leopardRAWR wrote:Congrats to all the recent admits and scholarship recipients!
Does anyone know whether UCLA will negotiate scholarships more than once? I don't currently have a scholarship offer from UCLA, but I have a nice one from UT that I'm hoping I could use to negotiate. I'm also anticipating hearing something (hopefully good!) about scholarships from USC and Vanderbilt in the next week or two and am wondering if I should just go ahead and try to negotiate now with just the UT offer, or wait to see what happens with Vandy and USC.
I feel like it would look greedy/a bit rude to keep coming back and saying "Thanks for the money last time, but school X just beat you, so can you give me more money again?" so my instinct is to wait a week or two to have all my offers on the table and only ask once. Then again, considering the funding issues they claim to be having with travel stipends, part of me says ask ASAP before money dries up. Any advice would be appreciated!
There is a danger in waiting in that they might run out of scholarship money.
So you think that I'm better off trying to negotiate with what I have now instead of waiting a few weeks to negotiate with a few more scholarships from peer schools?
I think you should negotiate now with the offers you have, and in the unlikely event that a comparable school offers you even more money than what you just negotiated, then should be the time to revisit. The worst they can do is say no; they aren't going to revoke your offer of acceptance, and unless you're either a real prick or outrageously personable, they probably won't even remember your name.
Just don't say anything stupid like, "if you don't match, I won't attend your school," unless you mean it.