UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bildungsroman

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:40 pm

glewz wrote:I think LA's campus is one of the better ones, but have you visited Berkeley or Stanford?

Everything I've seen about Berkeley's campus indicates to me that it is overrated. Stanford, on the other hand..... *drools*

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
glewz wrote:I think LA's campus is one of the better ones, but have you visited Berkeley or Stanford?

Everything I've seen about Berkeley's campus indicates to me that it is overrated. Stanford, on the other hand..... *drools*

I visited Boalt this last week. It's a pretty ugly building actually, but it still has a certain charm. I don't know. It's old school. That said, I don't think you go to Berk for the architecture, you go because it's a great school.

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:18 pm

It's probably just me, but i never liked the "mission style" that Stanford has.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:20 pm

WonkyPanda wrote:It's probably just me, but i never liked the "mission style" that Stanford has.

agreed. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go to Stanford (never gonna happen), but I was expecting to like the campus a lot more. I prefer the neighborhood feel of Berkeley to the country club feel of Stanford

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

I visited Boalt this last week. It's a pretty ugly building actually, but it still has a certain charm. I don't know. It's old school. That said, I don't think you go to Berk for the architecture, you go because it's a great school.

+1 didn't love Boalt or its surrounding area really. not a big fan of Stanford's pics, but the pics of UCLA look really beautiful!

bigjinjapan

Postby bigjinjapan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Whistling through the graveyard here: not a peep since the 'Complete' email back in December. Judging by the LSN chart it looks like they're holding a lot of the splitters (that big hole at <3.33/>170), but I wonder when they're going to start handing decisions out there...

LiveFreeOrLaw

Postby LiveFreeOrLaw » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:22 am

sounds like no activities today.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 am

WonkyPanda wrote:It's probably just me, but i never liked the "mission style" that Stanford has.

Not me, man. When I was on Stanford's campus I thought I heard a choir of angels singing.

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 am

LiveFreeOrLaw wrote:sounds like no activities today.

it is (or was) saturday.

powerlawyer06

Postby powerlawyer06 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:37 am

sarahlawg wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

+1 didn't love Boalt or its surrounding area really. not a big fan of Stanford's pics, but the pics of UCLA look really beautiful!

Just came here to check in. I have been "in" at UCLA for awhile. My favorite part about this thread is coming here and finding out that the discussion is about Berk. I had begun to consider UCLA after the nice call from the dean and their all expense paid diversity weekend. However coming here and finding this has reminded me why I want to go to Berk. I can't go to a school that's can't even hold the attention of its own waiting thread participants.

snichols16

Postby snichols16 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:41 am

I took my PhD from UCLA and my office building (Bunche) was adjacent to the law school building. UCLA's campus is, in general, one of the more beautiful campuses you'll find, but the law school area is pretty uninspiring -- especially when compared to many of the T-14 campuses. I personally think Boalt is FAR, FAR nicer, inside and outside (and it will only be better once the construction is finished). But Berkeley is also just a nicer area than Westwood.

LiveFreeOrLaw

Postby LiveFreeOrLaw » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:46 am

powerlawyer06 wrote:Just came here to check in. I have been "in" at UCLA for awhile. My favorite part about this thread is coming here and finding out that the discussion is about Berk. I had begun to consider UCLA after the nice call from the dean and their all expense paid diversity weekend. However coming here and finding this has reminded me why I want to go to Berk. I can't go to a school that's can't even hold the attention of its own waiting thread participants.

You are right on the mark. Withdraw immediately and let us know so we can celebrate your success.

LiveFreeOrLaw

Postby LiveFreeOrLaw » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 am

snichols16 wrote:I took my PhD from UCLA and my office building (Bunche) was adjacent to the law school building. UCLA's campus is, in general, one of the more beautiful campuses you'll find, but the law school area is pretty uninspiring -- especially when compared to many of the T-14 campuses. I personally think Boalt is FAR, FAR nicer, inside and outside (and it will only be better once the construction is finished). But Berkeley is also just a nicer area than Westwood.

Troll who has never been to Berkeley.

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:19 am

LiveFreeOrLaw wrote:
powerlawyer06 wrote:Just came here to check in. I have been "in" at UCLA for awhile. My favorite part about this thread is coming here and finding out that the discussion is about Berk. I had begun to consider UCLA after the nice call from the dean and their all expense paid diversity weekend. However coming here and finding this has reminded me why I want to go to Berk. I can't go to a school that's can't even hold the attention of its own waiting thread participants.

You are right on the mark. Withdraw immediately and let us know so we can celebrate your success.

+1

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:28 am

I personally think Boalt is FAR, FAR nicer, inside and outside (and it will only be better once the construction is finished). []But Berkeley is also just a nicer area than Westwood[/size].

I am biased, truly, but:

1.) Anyone who things Telegraph Ave. is nicer than Westwood is a hippie, homeless person, or a time traveller from the 1970's.

2.) UCLA law is not the most beautiful building on the inside (or maybe the outside), and it doesn't hold a candle to Michigan or Cornell. That said, it's on a beautiful area of the campus, and it is FAR FAR better and more attractive than Boalt. Don't get me wrong, I would love to go to Boalt for MANY MANY reasons, but architecture is certainly, definitely, most positively not one of them.

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:28 pm

I agree. I visited Stanford numerous times for debate tournaments in high school and always thought the school campus was meh...

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Sorry to be "that guy", but this is a thread for people inquiring about admissions updates for UCLA. There's a separate forum for comparing schools like UCLA/Berkeley/Stanford.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:50 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Sorry to be "that guy", but this is a thread for people inquiring about admissions updates for UCLA. There's a separate forum for comparing schools like UCLA/Berkeley/Stanford.

If this thread was really about getting updates regarding UCLA admissions it wouldn't be 5 pages long.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 pm

--ImageRemoved--

pimpsdontcry

Postby pimpsdontcry » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. EPIC.

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

what a dick

powerlawyer06

Postby powerlawyer06 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

what a dick

I am sorry. I didn't mean to be a dick. I now realize that there are probably alot of people that got a ding from Berk recently in this thread. I was just trying to express my surprise at the topic. UCLA is a great school. I did not think I would get into UCLA or Berk when the cycle began. If it were for location alone I would attend UCLA, but job prospects have attracted me to Boalt.

For anyone matriculating at UCLA, Diddy Riese may be the greatest ice cream sandwich shop in the world. If you don't know what I am talking about then you have overlooked Westwood's number one attraction in my book.

Good luck to you all. Sorry again.

jeremysen

Postby jeremysen » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:45 pm

anon
Last edited by jeremysen on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

glitched

Postby glitched » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:46 pm

powerlawyer06 wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

what a dick

I am sorry. I didn't mean to be a dick. I now realize that there are probably alot of people that got a ding from Berk recently in this thread. I was just trying to express my surprise at the topic. UCLA is a great school. I did not think I would get into UCLA or Berk when the cycle began. If it were for location alone I would attend UCLA, but job prospects have attracted me to Boalt.

For anyone matriculating at UCLA, Diddy Riese may be the greatest ice cream sandwich shop in the world. If you don't know what I am talking about then you have overlooked Westwood's number one attraction in my book.

Good luck to you all. Sorry again.

If daddy riese is considered westwoods number one attraction, westwood must
suck ass. Or you don't know la. Also Berkeley just got a store almost identical to dr called creme.

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Someone needs to put this train back on the tracks.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”