UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby HopefulFish » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Sounds like not much activity today.

mistermister
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby mistermister » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:19 pm

HopefulFish wrote:Sounds like not much activity today.


hasn't been activity for me since I went complete on 11/1 :twisted:

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:21 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:This is a couple days old, but I was accepted on Tuesday night. Numbers in profile, submitted when Dec. LSAT scores came out. No mention of money during the call, but I didn't ask--hopefully the mailing will have an offer.


congrats! but with those numbers, you will most likely get into most t14's !! ucla is probably just ur back up :P

FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby FutureInLaw » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Not so quiet today!

WL email at 7:57pm EST. Complete 11/30.

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby planQ » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:Not so quiet today!

WL email at 7:57pm EST. Complete 11/30.



Same complete 11/31. 174/3.2 in state

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 pm

WL via email, 164/3.95 in state

grayfoxx13
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby grayfoxx13 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:07 am

sorry gotti :(

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby planQ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:10 am

Gotti wrote:WL via email, 164/3.95 in state



WL buddies!

HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby HopefulFish » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:02 am

I've been "Under Review," not "Submitted," since Oct 15th. Sent a LOCI about a month ago. They acknowledged receipt a few days later, so I am guessing my file isn't completely lost.

Should I call them right about now? I don't mind the wait if it means a thorough review. I just wish my files were not misplaced or something... (because it happened to a friend a few yrs back)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:53 am

HopefulFish wrote:I've been "Under Review," not "Submitted," since Oct 15th. Sent a LOCI about a month ago. They acknowledged receipt a few days later, so I am guessing my file isn't completely lost.

Should I call them right about now? I don't mind the wait if it means a thorough review. I just wish my files were not misplaced or something... (because it happened to a friend a few yrs back)


Did they acknowledge your LOCI? If not I guess you have a reason to call.

HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby HopefulFish » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:28 am

r6_philly wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:I've been "Under Review," not "Submitted," since Oct 15th. Sent a LOCI about a month ago. They acknowledged receipt a few days later, so I am guessing my file isn't completely lost.

Should I call them right about now? I don't mind the wait if it means a thorough review. I just wish my files were not misplaced or something... (because it happened to a friend a few yrs back)


Did they acknowledge your LOCI? If not I guess you have a reason to call.


They did. I suppose they didn't lose my files. I'll just be glad that I made it through another day without bad news.

LegallyBrunette3
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LegallyBrunette3 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:25 am

FWIW, they will not look at the WL people until after the first seat deposit deadline. So if it isn't your top choice or you are waiting to see if they will accept you, but you have good offers elsewhere, keep that in mind.

User avatar
DreamsInDigital
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby DreamsInDigital » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:28 pm

haven't been following the thread till now, but whats the average wait time before we hear back?

I got the application complete email on 1/18 and haven't heard ANYTHING since then. Is this about what everyone else is experiencing?

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby jrose5 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:27 pm

DreamsInDigital wrote:haven't been following the thread till now, but whats the average wait time before we hear back?

I got the application complete email on 1/18 and haven't heard ANYTHING since then. Is this about what everyone else is experiencing?


I think it varies widely. I got a response from them, scholarship included, exactly 2 weeks from the date of my submission. For others, it has taken longer, sometimes up to 3 months, but some people who have waited longer than myself have gotten more $, so I'm not sure the length of the wait is entirely indicative of your chances.
In short, calm down - it's only been a month! :)

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby juliachild-ish » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:33 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:This is a couple days old, but I was accepted on Tuesday night. Numbers in profile, submitted when Dec. LSAT scores came out. No mention of money during the call, but I didn't ask--hopefully the mailing will have an offer.


congrats! but with those numbers, you will most likely get into most t14's !! ucla is probably just ur back up :P


Thanks! And it's true, UCLA is kind of a back-up...but I hear they often give out great merit $$$, and that could be enough to tempt me away from a better school. Plus, I really love Southern California.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby thelaststraw05 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Waitlisted 1 minute ago.

171/3.45

I'll be withdrawing.

I now sit at 9-0-2 (Admit-Deny-WL).

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:This is a couple days old, but I was accepted on Tuesday night. Numbers in profile, submitted when Dec. LSAT scores came out. No mention of money during the call, but I didn't ask--hopefully the mailing will have an offer.


congrats! but with those numbers, you will most likely get into most t14's !! ucla is probably just ur back up :P


Thanks! And it's true, UCLA is kind of a back-up...but I hear they often give out great merit $$$, and that could be enough to tempt me away from a better school. Plus, I really love Southern California.


they didn't tell you the $$$ in the phone call?

User avatar
awilson11
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby awilson11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Waitliste just now. 170/3.73. UCLA undergrad.

Juuuulie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Juuuulie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:37 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:Waitlisted 1 minute ago.


Yep. 167, 3.64.

I won't be sending in the form.

User avatar
LiveFreeOrLaw
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LiveFreeOrLaw » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Been UR for a while. I can feel my WL on its way through the internet.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby whitman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Damn nice. What schools?

Sucks about UCLA, though. I hope it wasn't your number 1.

thelaststraw05 wrote:Waitlisted 1 minute ago.

171/3.45

I'll be withdrawing.

I now sit at 9-0-2 (Admit-Deny-WL).

narayan1121
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby narayan1121 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Waitlisted also. Too bad - it would be free if I got in.

168/3.4; OOS

User avatar
boozehound
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby boozehound » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Waitlisted today. To me, that is amazing! (3.0, 167). UCLA certainly looked past my numbers.

BeachandRun23
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby BeachandRun23 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:06 pm

awilson11 wrote:Waitliste just now. 170/3.73. UCLA undergrad.


Sorry man, thats just cruel :( Your numbers are really strong for UCLA, plus you went there for undergrad. You might be able to get off the waitlist though, if youre still interested.

User avatar
awilson11
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby awilson11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 pm

BeachandRun23 wrote:
awilson11 wrote:Waitliste just now. 170/3.73. UCLA undergrad.


Sorry man, thats just cruel :( Your numbers are really strong for UCLA, plus you went there for undergrad. You might be able to get off the waitlist though, if youre still interested.

No longer interested. They would have had to buy me to get me to go considering other offers, and I'd rather go somewhere that wants me.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”