UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:36 pm

jeremysen wrote:Prolly YP r6. I'm sure you'll get merit $$$ once your letter gets through.

I can hope!

Did everyone get the form?

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jeremysen wrote:Prolly YP r6. I'm sure you'll get merit $$$ once your letter gets through.

I can hope!

Did everyone get the form?

Yeah I got it. I'll be submitting it since I'd like a decent option on the west coast...but dammnnn youuu gpa floors!

SortOfObsessed

Postby SortOfObsessed » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:23 am

Dinged at UCLA today. First rejection of the cycle, woo! haha

Luckily I wasn't too interested so not that upset. Good luck to everyone waiting!

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:40 am

askyemcdonald wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Call me crazy but I actually sent in a LOCI with the WL form.

Crazy... :D annoying

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:07 am

jamiLAW wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:

Glad to help!

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 am

r6_philly wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:

Glad to help!

Sorry, I didn't mean that about you; I meant annoying that I have to write an LOCI for yet another school....I just realized that sounded bad!

I don't have any beef with you (beside the fact you got into Berkeley lol)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:21 am

jamiLAW wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean that about you; I meant annoying that I have to write an LOCI for yet another school....I just realized that sounded bad!

lol no worries.

It is very annoying looking at the LSN graph. I don't know why they didn't admit me. I am more likely to attend than UT.

HopefulFish

Postby HopefulFish » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 am

r6_philly wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:

lol no worries.

It is very annoying looking at the LSN graph. I don't know why they didn't admit me. I am more likely to attend than UT.

It sounds like you already have great offers from other schools as good as UCLA. Count your blessings and move on with your life brother.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:46 am

HopefulFish wrote:
It sounds like you already have great offers from other schools as good as UCLA. Count your blessings and move on with your life brother.

Still waiting on a few, but UCLA with a low or no cost is still not out of the question. I want to be in CA, and cost for Berkeley is still a question mark. So for now it could be a decent option with $$$. I will keep all doors open for now.

HopefulFish

Postby HopefulFish » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 am

r6_philly wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:

Still waiting on a few, but UCLA with a low or no cost is still not out of the question. I want to be in CA, and cost for Berkeley is still a question mark. So for now it could be a decent option with $$$. I will keep all doors open for now.

Would you take lesser ranked schools like Irvine, loyola, or Pepperdine full ride over UCLA at like 15k a year?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:51 am

HopefulFish wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:

Would you take lesser ranked schools like Irvine, loyola, or Pepperdine full ride over UCLA at like 15k a year?

Probably not. The further down the ranking, the lower value of scholarship. It will take quite a bit to compare to 90k at UVa, but I think full at UCLA will give me reason to visit and explore - if Berkeley is at sticker or over half.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:49 am

This waitlist has got me thinking alot about Loyola, even though I've been accepted to much higher-ranked schools on the east coast...I want to eventually live in LA again, and Loyola seems to have some great connections in Los Angeles...not to mention summer internships that could tremendously help.

I dunno, I'm still waiting on USC though.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:02 am

Are you there UCLA? It's me, artichoke.

HopefulFish

Postby HopefulFish » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:12 am

UCLA is like the cool guy at school who doesn't really care how hot the girl is. He keeps his cool and selects whom he wants to be with, unlike rest of the jocks who want the trophy gf.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:14 am

HopefulFish wrote:UCLA is like the cool guy at school who doesn't really care how hot the girl is. He keeps his cool and selects whom he wants to be with, unlike rest of the jocks who want the trophy gf.

....?

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:25 am

HopefulFish wrote:UCLA is like the cool guy at school who doesn't really care how hot the girl is. He keeps his cool and selects whom he wants to be with, unlike rest of the jocks who want the trophy gf.

so... UCLA likes fat girls?

HopefulFish

Postby HopefulFish » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:17 am

helloperson wrote:so... UCLA likes fat girls?

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 am

HopefulFish wrote:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Dude, he said UCLA LIKES fat girls. What about that is offensive? UCLA is into your mom; be happy about it, bro.

yoitsmebenny

Postby yoitsmebenny » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:12 pm

HopefulFish wrote:

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:30 pm

HopefulFish wrote:

praying this is joke

ht2988

Postby ht2988 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 pm

kwais wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:

praying this is joke

lmao

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:42 pm

kwais wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:

praying this is joke

:lol:

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:45 pm

edit for wrong thread. sorryyyyy

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:46 pm

artichoke wrote:Getting back ON topic... anyone from Michigan here going to Michigan? I'm sort of feeling like the main Michigan deterrent to me is that I have to stay in-state, instead of branching out a bit more.

this is the UCLA thread?

ETA: just in time

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:
artichoke wrote:Getting back ON topic... anyone from Michigan here going to Michigan? I'm sort of feeling like the main Michigan deterrent to me is that I have to stay in-state, instead of branching out a bit more.

this is the UCLA thread?

GAH of course you were able to quote me before I could edit that statement. Damn you r6!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”