UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Love the optimism Philly. When you get your full ride offer I'll buy you a mental beer.


From where? I would probably have to apply to WUSTL or Alabama for that :D

Unless Berkeley show me some major love 8)

Anyway at this point I don't even expect to get in UCLA/USC. So how's that for optimism?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
Love the optimism Philly. When you get your full ride offer I'll buy you a mental beer.


From where? I would probably have to apply to WUSTL or Alabama for that :D

Unless Berkeley show me some major love 8)

Anyway at this point I don't even expect to get in UCLA/USC. So how's that for optimism?


I meant UCLA!

I'm waiting for WUSTL to hand out money- if I get a full ride there I don't have to consider UIUC anymore :lol:

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby sanguar » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks for the thoughts guys! If the two became equivalent for me (COA wise), it'd be an easy choice. And if it makes them feel better to give it to me as need-aid, I'm fine with that!

Though, I do admit, I hope they don't turn out to be my best acceptance either (come on Michigan!!)

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JJDancer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm hoping UCLA just hasn't looked at my app yet ... that's why I haven't gotten a call.

Not because they hate me :(

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby champsound » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:00 pm

Just got a phone call from the admissions office! In! With $$$$$$! Submitted 1/12 and complete 1/13.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JJDancer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

champsound wrote:Just got a phone call from the admissions office! In! With $$$$$$! Submitted 1/12 and complete 1/13.

Congrats!

like the hyperboleandahalf tar :)

But am mucho jealous about January people getting in!!

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby sanguar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

champsound wrote:Just got a phone call from the admissions office! In! With $$$$$$! Submitted 1/12 and complete 1/13.


Congrats!!

User avatar
masochist
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby masochist » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:14 pm

JJDancer wrote:
champsound wrote:Just got a phone call from the admissions office! In! With $$$$$$! Submitted 1/12 and complete 1/13.

Congrats!

like the hyperboleandahalf tar :)

But am mucho jealous about January people getting in!!


+1

UCLA, ding me or let me in. The waiting is torture.

almostfamous
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby almostfamous » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 pm

masochist wrote:
JJDancer wrote:
champsound wrote:Just got a phone call from the admissions office! In! With $$$$$$! Submitted 1/12 and complete 1/13.

Congrats!

like the hyperboleandahalf tar :)

But am mucho jealous about January people getting in!!


+1

UCLA, ding me or let me in. The waiting is torture.


no kidding! i've been complete since september!

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby juliachild-ish » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:22 pm

champsound wrote:Just got a phone call from the admissions office! In! With $$$$$$! Submitted 1/12 and complete 1/13.


I also am jealous! We're basically number twins, and I also had to wait to apply until after the December LSAT...but I submitted on 1/7 and haven't heard a thing!

User avatar
santoinettea
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby santoinettea » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

Just got the phone call! Saw the "310" ID and answered even though I'm at work. Hallelujah!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby ahduth » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Just picked up a call without looking with some loud music playing in the background. Trying to bunker down for this snowstorm over here. The city of Chicago will not be open on Wednesday, we are on full war footing. In with $$$.

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby askyemcdonald » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Congrats to everyone today! I hope to hear soon too...

chebbyshev
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby chebbyshev » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:47 pm

Just got the call! Got in with a 161/3.3....I'm shocked. Congrats to everyone else who heard today as well. Anyone else going to the admit weekend in April?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm

ahduth wrote:Just picked up a call without looking with some loud music playing in the background. Trying to bunker down for this snowstorm over here. The city of Chicago will not be open on Wednesday, we are on full war footing. In with $$$.


Good time to get news of California. I'm skeptical of this storm thing though...

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm

chebbyshev wrote:Just got the call! Got in with a 161/3.3....I'm shocked. Congrats to everyone else who heard today as well. Anyone else going to the admit weekend in April?


Congrats! When did you submit?

chebbyshev
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby chebbyshev » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 pm

RJ127 wrote:
chebbyshev wrote:Just got the call! Got in with a 161/3.3....I'm shocked. Congrats to everyone else who heard today as well. Anyone else going to the admit weekend in April?


Congrats! When did you submit?


I had everything submitted the first week of November but my file was on hold until Dec scores came in. I'm not sure how that affected the decision process but I'm guessing I had a bit of a head start over people who submitted everything in January.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby ht2988 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:23 pm

Still haven't received a decision from UCLA - I have low numbers, but am URM-ish with very strong softs. Last week I submitted an LOCI in regards to doing collaborative work between the Critical Race Studies program and the Williams Institute, and today I emailed Dean Schwartz with some questions about these programs. He was really quick to respond and pointed me in the right direction as far as who to contact should I have further questions about these programs. I'm taking this all as a good sign - if I have not been dinged yet there still may be a fighting chance!

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby ht2988 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 pm

chebbyshev wrote:Just got the call! Got in with a 161/3.3....I'm shocked. Congrats to everyone else who heard today as well. Anyone else going to the admit weekend in April?


Congrats! Same stats here, so this gives me hope.

thegreatk
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:17 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby thegreatk » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:31 pm

That's awesome. Did you have incredible softs? URM?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:34 pm

santoinettea wrote:Just got the phone call! Saw the "310" ID and answered even though I'm at work. Hallelujah!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!


Congrats!!!!!!!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby akili » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:35 pm

thegreatk wrote:That's awesome. Did you have incredible softs? URM?


They are NA

chebbyshev
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby chebbyshev » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm

akili wrote:
thegreatk wrote:That's awesome. Did you have incredible softs? URM?


They are NA


Yeah NA. Also significant upward trend in grades so the 3.3 is a bit misleading. Personal statement was critiqued about 10 times and my prelaw advisor said the last draft was "very strong." Stanford undergrad probably helps as well.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Gotti » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:39 pm

thegreatk wrote:That's awesome. Did you have incredible softs? URM?

AA is not allowed in CA. you must've had a very impressive application, congrats!!

User avatar
yoitsmebenny
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby yoitsmebenny » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm

chebbyshev wrote:
akili wrote:
thegreatk wrote:That's awesome. Did you have incredible softs? URM?


They are NA


Yeah NA. Also significant upward trend in grades so the 3.3 is a bit misleading. Personal statement was critiqued about 10 times and my prelaw advisor said the last draft was "very strong." Stanford undergrad probably helps as well.

nice work man




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dojodawg, Google Adsense [Bot], RictusErectus and 7 guests