UCLA? 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lucylove
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:17 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby lucylove » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:25 pm

no rejections yet?

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JTMan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:33 pm

IN! Total shock cause I applied two weeks ago, hahaha

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34 pm

JTMan wrote:IN! Total shock cause I applied two weeks ago, hahaha

your laughter is very condescending towards all us who have been waiting a long time. :| :wink:

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JTMan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 pm

JenDarby wrote:
JTMan wrote:IN! Total shock cause I applied two weeks ago, hahaha

your laughter is very condescending towards all us who have been waiting a long time. :| :wink:



Sorry it was a laughter of happiness and irony because I also applied to USC back in November and haven't heard a peep so shocked and awed. Wasn't meant to be snobby.

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Pricer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 pm

JTMan wrote:IN! Total shock cause I applied two weeks ago, hahaha


Stats, if you don't mind?

edit: Nevermind, found them in another thread.
Last edited by Pricer on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13284
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 pm

JTMan wrote:Sorry it was a laughter of happiness and irony because I also applied to USC back in November and haven't heard a peep so shocked and awed. Wasn't meant to be snobby.

I was just kidding, congrats!!
It's been a while since I received an acceptance, I think it's starting to wear on me.

JD=Doctor
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JD=Doctor » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 pm

JTMan wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
JTMan wrote:IN! Total shock cause I applied two weeks ago, hahaha

your laughter is very condescending towards all us who have been waiting a long time. :| :wink:



Sorry it was a laughter of happiness and irony because I also applied to USC back in November and haven't heard a peep so shocked and awed. Wasn't meant to be snobby.



stats pleaseee

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby artichoke » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Another day without a word. UCLA, why have you forsaken me?

Casey2889
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Casey2889 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 pm

went complete 1/3, stats = 3.98/172 in ivy UG. was already admitted to berkeley on 1/17, but no word from UCLA...whats the deal? since i want CA law i'd seriously consider going if i got full ride/quality $$$....

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:33 am

Casey2889 wrote:went complete 1/3, stats = 3.98/172 in ivy UG. was already admitted to berkeley on 1/17, but no word from UCLA...whats the deal? since i want CA law i'd seriously consider going if i got full ride/quality $$$....



I would be willing to pay full price, no scholly and a bluetooth permanently grafted to skull, but the only person on the other line is Fran Drescher

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:38 am

Casey2889 wrote:went complete 1/3, stats = 3.98/172 in ivy UG. was already admitted to berkeley on 1/17, but no word from UCLA...whats the deal? since i want CA law i'd seriously consider going if i got full ride/quality $$$....


They are waiting for you to get in your Ivy LS and withdraw?

Seriously, I like the other interpretation I read here or in USC's thread - they are waiting for all the ED applicants to drop out in order to increase yield. We will hear in Feb.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby vegenator » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:41 am

Got the call today! IN! Dean Schwartz actually apologized for taking so long to notify me since I applied like on day one. There is still hope for others who applied early and haven't heard yet. Good luck!

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JJDancer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:54 am

vegenator wrote:Got the call today! IN! Dean Schwartz actually apologized for taking so long to notify me since I applied like on day one. There is still hope for others who applied early and haven't heard yet. Good luck!

Congrats!!

I remember you from the fee waiver thread lol.

Did he mention any $$?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:55 am

vegenator wrote:Got the call today! IN! Dean Schwartz actually apologized for taking so long to notify me since I applied like on day one. There is still hope for others who applied early and haven't heard yet. Good luck!


Congrats! and Congrats on Chicago, you are officially doing better than I am :D

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby vegenator » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 am

JJDancer wrote:
vegenator wrote:Got the call today! IN! Dean Schwartz actually apologized for taking so long to notify me since I applied like on day one. There is still hope for others who applied early and haven't heard yet. Good luck!

Congrats!!

I remember you from the fee waiver thread lol.

Did he mention any $$?



Lol. Yeah, I went a bit nuts with the fee waivers :mrgreen: and thanks!
No mention of $, but he said they'd be sending out the official offer in the mail later this week. So I'm curious to see if there'll be anything moneywise.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:09 am

vegenator wrote:
JJDancer wrote:
vegenator wrote:Got the call today! IN! Dean Schwartz actually apologized for taking so long to notify me since I applied like on day one. There is still hope for others who applied early and haven't heard yet. Good luck!

Congrats!!

I remember you from the fee waiver thread lol.

Did he mention any $$?



Lol. Yeah, I went a bit nuts with the fee waivers :mrgreen: and thanks!
No mention of $, but he said they'd be sending out the official offer in the mail later this week. So I'm curious to see if there'll be anything moneywise.


To my knowledge, all money offers so far have been during the initial acceptance phone call.

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby pimpsdontcry » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 am

Dear UCLA,

I saved you during the budget crisis. I think you owe me. Get back to me soon. That is all.

Regretfully yours,
-PDC

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby artichoke » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:17 am

vegenator wrote:Got the call today! IN! Dean Schwartz actually apologized for taking so long to notify me since I applied like on day one. There is still hope for others who applied early and haven't heard yet. Good luck!


Congrats veg! our cycles started off so similar... Now it seems yours is going much better than mine! I'm happy for you!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby vegenator » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:42 am

artichoke wrote:
vegenator wrote:Got the call today! IN! Dean Schwartz actually apologized for taking so long to notify me since I applied like on day one. There is still hope for others who applied early and haven't heard yet. Good luck!


Congrats veg! our cycles started off so similar... Now it seems yours is going much better than mine! I'm happy for you!


Thanks so much artichoke! You're right, in the beginning we were getting acceptances on the same days! But don't give up hope, the cycle isn't over yet. :-)

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 pm

just went complete! I applied here a little late :-/

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Dinged via email like a minute ago. Not a surprise....

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:24 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Dinged via email like a minute ago. Not a surprise....


Sorry to hear that. When did you apply?

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 pm

RJ127 wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:Dinged via email like a minute ago. Not a surprise....


Sorry to hear that. When did you apply?


Right after Thanksgiving.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby JJDancer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:Dinged via email like a minute ago. Not a surprise....

Yeah UCLA is a GPA-whore.
Still, sorry for that. :(

almostfamous
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: UCLA? 2011

Postby almostfamous » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Been complete since september, no ding, no acceptance

How longgg must I wait??

(Now ill almost def get a rejection email tonight)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Cognitiveproblem, Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Pomegranate27, xholdman and 20 guests