NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:43 pm

so I was extra neurotic and decided to do a twitter search for "nyu law" to see if anyone might have gotten a purple envelope that wasn't on TLS...

first tweets i see:

So did some early morning research and found NYU does have a law program which is what I'm interested in studying


Notre Dame, Gtown, probably good. NYU, Yale, not so much. At least that's how it is for law.


lol....the world outside TLS.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bistduverrueckt » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:46 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:so I was extra neurotic and decided to do a twitter search for "nyu law" to see if anyone might have gotten a purple envelope that wasn't on TLS...

first tweets i see:

So did some early morning research and found NYU does have a law program which is what I'm interested in studying


Notre Dame, Gtown, probably good. NYU, Yale, not so much. At least that's how it is for law.


lol....the world outside TLS.



lol TLSers truly are special snowflakes

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:46 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:so I was extra neurotic and decided to do a twitter search for "nyu law" to see if anyone might have gotten a purple envelope that wasn't on TLS...

first tweets i see:

So did some early morning research and found NYU does have a law program which is what I'm interested in studying


Notre Dame, Gtown, probably good. NYU, Yale, not so much. At least that's how it is for law.


lol....the world outside TLS.


Less competition! I suggest you retweet that for NYU and Yale.

User avatar
catsparka
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby catsparka » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dulcatis wrote:& NYU has lots of very special athletic teams. UNDEFEATED IN FOOTBALL SINCE WWII.


So how do you feel about them not having a football team since 1945?


I have an NYU Football t-shirt from when I lived in New York this summer.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Knock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:49 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:so I was extra neurotic and decided to do a twitter search for "nyu law" to see if anyone might have gotten a purple envelope that wasn't on TLS...

first tweets i see:

So did some early morning research and found NYU does have a law program which is what I'm interested in studying


Notre Dame, Gtown, probably good. NYU, Yale, not so much. At least that's how it is for law.


lol....the world outside TLS.


--ImageRemoved--

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:15 pm

catsparka wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
dulcatis wrote:& NYU has lots of very special athletic teams. UNDEFEATED IN FOOTBALL SINCE WWII.


So how do you feel about them not having a football team since 1945?


I have an NYU Football t-shirt from when I lived in New York this summer.


It was a joke :P

DreamShake
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby DreamShake » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Knock wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:so I was extra neurotic and decided to do a twitter search for "nyu law" to see if anyone might have gotten a purple envelope that wasn't on TLS...

first tweets i see:

So did some early morning research and found NYU does have a law program which is what I'm interested in studying


Notre Dame, Gtown, probably good. NYU, Yale, not so much. At least that's how it is for law.


lol....the world outside TLS.


--ImageRemoved--


Guys in the foreground look like they're holding BB guns. Plus, how do you know that's not an OCI deathsquad preemptively moving in on us?! :P

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:27 pm

DreamShake wrote:Guys in the foreground look like they're holding BB guns. Plus, how do you know that's not an OCI deathsquad preemptively moving in on us?! :P


My uncle ran a armed/military policy unit just like this one (20+ years ago so no cool rides). They had awesome machine pistols (they shoot handgun ammo so look very small)...

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
catsparka wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
dulcatis wrote:& NYU has lots of very special athletic teams. UNDEFEATED IN FOOTBALL SINCE WWII.


So how do you feel about them not having a football team since 1945?


I have an NYU Football t-shirt from when I lived in New York this summer.


It was a joke :P


No they do sell those. They're awesome :)

Also, no purple envelope :( Sadddd.

fletchcon
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby fletchcon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Finally under review.... Well as of tomorrow apparently, Current status date is 12/2!
If they have time to finish processing more recent applications I'm thinking they've definitely finished putting together the first batch of acceptances and those purple envelopes are on their way to all you guys right now!

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shanshan333 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:38 pm

When did you apply fletch?

fletchcon
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby fletchcon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Applied 11/16
Got confirmation email on the 22nd
Status Checker had been Processing 11/16 until today

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shanshan333 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Because you said that I checked. UR!!! 12/2

fletchcon
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby fletchcon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Welcome to the future :)

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 pm

fletchcon wrote:Finally under review.... Well as of tomorrow apparently, Current status date is 12/2!
If they have time to finish processing more recent applications I'm thinking they've definitely finished putting together the first batch of acceptances and those purple envelopes are on their way to all you guys right now!


God bless you for saying that.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 123kl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:18 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
fletchcon wrote:Finally under review.... Well as of tomorrow apparently, Current status date is 12/2!
If they have time to finish processing more recent applications I'm thinking they've definitely finished putting together the first batch of acceptances and those purple envelopes are on their way to all you guys right now!


God bless you for saying that.


Sounds like a good plan :)

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby hellome » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:42 pm

123kl wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
fletchcon wrote:Finally under review.... Well as of tomorrow apparently, Current status date is 12/2!
If they have time to finish processing more recent applications I'm thinking they've definitely finished putting together the first batch of acceptances and those purple envelopes are on their way to all you guys right now!


God bless you for saying that.


Sounds like a good plan :)


i really, really, super really hope that some one gets a purple envelope this week
that way my weekend will be full of excitement and hope :oops:

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby CapHillLove » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:43 pm

.
Last edited by CapHillLove on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bdubs » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 pm

CapHillLove wrote:
fletchcon wrote:Applied 11/16
Got confirmation email on the 22nd
Status Checker had been Processing 11/16 until today


What the eff, NYU? I submitted the first week of November and I'm still processing. I cannot understand it. It's not a numbers thing.

Could it be that I asked to be considered for a scholarship, but haven't sent in the extra LOR and essay?


Also stuck at Application Processing. Sent and received 11/10.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bistduverrueckt » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 pm

fletchcon wrote:Applied 11/16
Got confirmation email on the 22nd
Status Checker had been Processing 11/16 until today


Well that's worrisome. I applied the 11th and am still processing.

al2546
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby al2546 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 pm

10/31 submitted UR since 11/11

haver1234
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby haver1234 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:
fletchcon wrote:Applied 11/16
Got confirmation email on the 22nd
Status Checker had been Processing 11/16 until today


Well that's worrisome. I applied the 11th and am still processing.


Well, no worries. I applied 10/24 and have been processing ever since.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:11 pm

haver1234 wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
fletchcon wrote:Applied 11/16
Got confirmation email on the 22nd
Status Checker had been Processing 11/16 until today


Well that's worrisome. I applied the 11th and am still processing.


Well, no worries. I applied 10/24 and have been processing ever since.


Seriously? 10/24? Did you call/email them?

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby trudat15 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:14 pm

r6_philly wrote:
haver1234 wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:
fletchcon wrote:Applied 11/16
Got confirmation email on the 22nd
Status Checker had been Processing 11/16 until today


Well that's worrisome. I applied the 11th and am still processing.


Well, no worries. I applied 10/24 and have been processing ever since.


Seriously? 10/24? Did you call/email them?


Yeah seems a bit odd.
I submitted 10/26, UR 11/4 (also they had to assemble my file because my UG dean had to write a statement about a disciplinary action and sent it straight to NYU, so I'm assuming it took longer for me to go complete then normal).

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bistduverrueckt » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 pm

.
Last edited by bistduverrueckt on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Cognitiveproblem, KeYe88, NotAGolfer, okf731, tinafeyclone, xholdman and 16 guests