NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:14 pm

nadopretz wrote:All this activity and still UR 11/1!!! Stop messing with my emotions! GL to everyone who DLS'd today.


you said this already

User avatar
cmaas
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cmaas » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:14 pm

For those of you who got the WL email, what is your DLS date?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13636
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Flips88 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 pm

cmaas wrote:For those of you who got the WL email, what is your DLS date?

They're all over the place from 4/9 to 4/21

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:17 pm

anyone else DLS 4/10 (sunday???)

No WL email yet. How long must I wait?

backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:anyone else DLS 4/10 (sunday???)

No WL email yet. How long must I wait?


4/9 with no email......yet

patallica22
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby patallica22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Am I the only one in the world who is UR 2/28?

I haven't seen that one anywhere else....applied in Jan, so for those who've been waiting six months, feel free to scoff....

nadopretz
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby nadopretz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:21 pm

backtothebeat wrote:
nadopretz wrote:All this activity and still UR 11/1!!! Stop messing with my emotions! GL to everyone who DLS'd today.


you said this already


my computer froze and posted twice when i refreshed. But I am still feeling that way.

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby adam1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:22 pm

r6_philly wrote:anyone else DLS 4/10 (sunday???)

No WL email yet. How long must I wait?


DLS 4/10. from a time where there was still good news...

backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:23 pm

nadopretz wrote:
backtothebeat wrote:
nadopretz wrote:All this activity and still UR 11/1!!! Stop messing with my emotions! GL to everyone who DLS'd today.


you said this already


my computer froze and posted twice when i refreshed. But I am still feeling that way.



sorry, just on edge right now :)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:23 pm

adam1 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:anyone else DLS 4/10 (sunday???)

No WL email yet. How long must I wait?


DLS 4/10. from a time where there was still good news...


Did you just get the status change today? Not that I think a purple envelope will do me any good now, but I still would love to get one.

lmi
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lmi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:25 pm

possible way to determine waitlist/rejection coming your way? Does DLS with something under mailings generally indicate an acceptance? Can anyone accepted confirm this? Perhaps that way, those of us with DLS and no mailing date can rest a little more comfortably knowing our email is on its way?

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby adam1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
adam1 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:anyone else DLS 4/10 (sunday???)

No WL email yet. How long must I wait?


DLS 4/10. from a time where there was still good news...


Did you just get the status change today? Not that I think a purple envelope will do me any good now, but I still would love to get one.



Yeah, just today. A purple envelope would almost be more trouble than its worth... but yeah I really want one. I feel that it is unlikely though considering if we truly were DLS eleven days ago we'd have gotten something. Right?

backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:27 pm

lmi wrote:possible way to determine waitlist/rejection coming your way? Does DLS with something under mailings generally indicate an acceptance? Can anyone accepted confirm this? Perhaps that way, those of us with DLS and no mailing date can rest a little more comfortably knowing our email is on its way?


interesting... i'd like to know this as well. i have nothing under mailings

nadopretz
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby nadopretz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:28 pm

backtothebeat wrote:
nadopretz wrote:
backtothebeat wrote:
nadopretz wrote:All this activity and still UR 11/1!!! Stop messing with my emotions! GL to everyone who DLS'd today.


you said this already


my computer froze and posted twice when i refreshed. But I am still feeling that way.



sorry, just on edge right now :)


Clearly me as well. and the firewall at work isn't helping.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bdubs » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:30 pm

backtothebeat wrote:
lmi wrote:possible way to determine waitlist/rejection coming your way? Does DLS with something under mailings generally indicate an acceptance? Can anyone accepted confirm this? Perhaps that way, those of us with DLS and no mailing date can rest a little more comfortably knowing our email is on its way?


interesting... i'd like to know this as well. i have nothing under mailings


No, nothing shows up under mailings even after you have been admitted and received several different things.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:31 pm

adam1 wrote:Yeah, just today. A purple envelope would almost be more trouble than its worth... but yeah I really want one. I feel that it is unlikely though considering if we truly were DLS eleven days ago we'd have gotten something. Right?


Hmmm sounds like a WL, but why haven't gotten an email. I am guess different groups process different piles of files, so we got the 4/10 decision and they just got around to dispose of the files. 4/11 had admits.

Well no matter, I just want to be able to put a decision next to the date on LSN. That's all :)

lmi
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lmi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:32 pm

bdubs wrote:No, nothing shows up under mailings even after you have been admitted and received several different things.


thanks for the info! back to watching inbox...

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:35 pm

r6_philly wrote:
adam1 wrote:Yeah, just today. A purple envelope would almost be more trouble than its worth... but yeah I really want one. I feel that it is unlikely though considering if we truly were DLS eleven days ago we'd have gotten something. Right?


Hmmm sounds like a WL, but why haven't gotten an email. I am guess different groups process different piles of files, so we got the 4/10 decision and they just got around to dispose of the files. 4/11 had admits.

Well no matter, I just want to be able to put a decision next to the date on LSN. That's all :)

Yeah I was DLS 4/10 too. Just updated this morning.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:37 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:Yeah I was DLS 4/10 too. Just updated this morning.


I missed it! Post if/when you get something, I guess if we have an envelope coming you'd get it before me.

backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:39 pm

i know i'm 4/9 and not 4/10, but as soon as the mail comes today (im in NY) / i get an email ill let ya know

shouldvegoneforanMBA
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shouldvegoneforanMBA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm

DLS 4/9 just now..no email yet

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Seriously legitimately sorry if someone has posted this question already, I have done a decen job at following this thread, but I'm at work on my iPhone now and only made it through the last page. I checked my status last night (and many previous nights) and was UR 2/4. Just checked and I'm DLS 4/9?!?! I guess definitely not a purple envelope (or probably not a WL either considering the batch that went out earlier today), but what is even with the post-updated status checker by almost 2 weeks? Two weeks I would have been freaking out and stalking my poor mailman, but still...

Sigh. Nyu you and I would be so perfect together, don't you see? </emotions> ("there's no crying in TLS!")

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:49 pm

shouldvegoneforanMBA wrote:DLS 4/9 just now..no email yet


I'm impressed with your composure. So this has happened to loads of people?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13636
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Flips88 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:50 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
shouldvegoneforanMBA wrote:DLS 4/9 just now..no email yet


I'm impressed with your composure. So this has happened to loads of people?

Still UR 1/11 :roll:

backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:51 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
shouldvegoneforanMBA wrote:DLS 4/9 just now..no email yet


I'm impressed with your composure. So this has happened to loads of people?


yup, today a lot of status checkers updated but to anywhere from 4/9 to 4/21




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”