NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AdamAndSteve

Re: NYU 2011

Postby AdamAndSteve » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Deferred ED DLS 4/16.

Bad stats, strong softs URM here.

What in the world does this mean?

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:47 pm

AdamAndSteve wrote:Deferred ED DLS 4/16.

Hannibal and I are with you and expecting rejection.

jman77

Postby jman77 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Sigh. Still UR 12/12. NYU is my only remaining pending app and I just want closure.

AdamAndSteve

Postby AdamAndSteve » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:57 pm

tipler4213 wrote:

I actually disagree. Why not WL us? We're the ones that are likely to ride a WL all summer. They have to realize this, no?

nihilism is key

Postby nihilism is key » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:57 pm

nadopretz wrote:NYU is my last wild card. UR since 11/01, and not a peep the whole time.

are you as tempted to call as I am? same UR date sans update here.

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:58 pm

AdamAndSteve wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:

I actually disagree. Why not WL us? We're the ones that are likely to ride a WL all summer. They have to realize this, no?

But then why wouldn't we have been in the batch of delayed WLs earlier? Still possible, but clearly they don't want us if we are deferred from ED.

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:59 pm

NYU knows a lot of applicants will be willing to ride the WL. They can only waitlist so many people. The previous few batches of WL have included applicants with higher stats than those of us with recent DLS dates. Chances are slim...

Sorry to be a downer.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Well, against my better judgement I've decided to hold out hope. My numbers put me in a decent spot for NYU, not great but surrounded by a fair number of acceptances on LSN. Maybe I'll get lucky.

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Sterling Archer always gets lucky.

AdamAndSteve

Postby AdamAndSteve » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:11 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
AdamAndSteve wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:

But then why wouldn't we have been in the batch of delayed WLs earlier? Still possible, but clearly they don't want us if we are deferred from ED.

No, they deferred us because they'd like us if their applicant pool didn't shape up the way they wanted. Who knows if it did or not.

That being said, it would make sense for us to be the first DLS dings.

And, least likely of all, they're acceptances.

artemis178

Postby artemis178 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Since it's after 5:00 now and the DLS 4/13 crowd is still alive (some of us with competitive numbers), I figure that we must be in a different group from the 4/15 group who got WL earlier today by email. After all, if NYU was going to outright reject us, it seems that they would have done so late LAST week, instead of waiting almost a full week. This seems at least possible since until today DLS has always meant an acceptance, right?

Here's a question to which I'd really like an answer, however: those of you who were dinged, did your status checker ever update to "DLS" or did it change to something else entirely (denied/wait-listed) in conjunction with your email notification? In other words, does everybody eventually go "DLS"?

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:27 pm

artemis178 wrote:Here's a question to which I'd really like an answer, however: those of you who were dinged, did your status checker ever update to "DLS" or did it change to something else entirely (denied/wait-listed) in conjunction with your email notification? In other words, does everybody eventually go "DLS"?

Good question. Here's another:

Are NYU rejections usually emailed or mailed?

If the latter, than those of us with 4/13 dates might be receiving a non-purple envelope in a few days.

Though I could totally be wrong. Maybe we're just in another big batch of WLs, or a few of us are admits and some are dings. Admissions is a mystery.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:29 pm

My area is on the green side of the green-red divide, and I EDed...so if I don't get a WL email in a few days...I'm thinking purple. Hopefully :cry:

I sent a LOCI.

whitman

Postby whitman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:30 pm

artemis178 wrote:Since it's after 5:00 now and the DLS 4/13 crowd is still alive (some of us with competitive numbers), I figure that we must be in a different group from the 4/15 group who got WL earlier today by email. After all, if NYU was going to outright reject us, it seems that they would have done so late LAST week, instead of waiting almost a full week. This seems at least possible since until today DLS has always meant an acceptance, right?

Here's a question to which I'd really like an answer, however: those of you who were dinged, did your status checker ever update to "DLS" or did it change to something else entirely (denied/wait-listed) in conjunction with your email notification? In other words, does everybody eventually go "DLS"?

This is how I felt about Michigan and Berkeley's weird behavior. I ended up with a WL and a Ding. So, as a fellow 4/13 longshot, I'm expecting a ding/WL.

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:30 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:
artemis178 wrote:Here's a question to which I'd really like an answer, however: those of you who were dinged, did your status checker ever update to "DLS" or did it change to something else entirely (denied/wait-listed) in conjunction with your email notification? In other words, does everybody eventually go "DLS"?

If the latter, than those of us with 4/13 dates might be receiving a non-purple envelope in a few days.

Though I could totally be wrong. Maybe we're just in another big batch of WLs, or a few of us are admits and some are dings. Admissions is a mystery.

I'm pretty sure all rejections thus far have been via email, none snail mail, so I'd bet you have good news on the way (I'm so jealous!)...correct me if im wrong..?

artemis178

Postby artemis178 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:

Rejections are emailed, which is why today has been so bizarre and stressful because a few folks got their status checker updates (DSL 4/15) before their waitlist emails (which I surmise doesn't usually happen). Usually a DSL means an acceptance since WL/dings come via email not snail mail. As of today, that seems to have changed.

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Quick, someone find Precedent Cat!

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:39 pm

ugh, still UR.

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:40 pm

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:43 pm

artemis178 wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:

Rejections are emailed, which is why today has been so bizarre and stressful because a few folks got their status checker updates (DSL 4/15) before their waitlist emails (which I surmise doesn't usually happen). Usually a DSL means an acceptance since WL/dings come via email not snail mail. As of today, that seems to have changed.

yeah I mean there was a delay in getting the WL emails (one day) in those cases but an email still came. I doubt that they'd change their method of notifying dings all of a sudden by doing snail mail. If these were dings, don't you think an email would have come by now (3 bus days later)? I personally think DLS 4/13 is good news..
Last edited by ilovemulch on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:43 pm

ilovemulch wrote: I personally think DLS 4/13 is good news..

I (choose to) believe this as well.

nadopretz

Postby nadopretz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:45 pm

edit
Last edited by nadopretz on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

artemis178

Postby artemis178 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
artemis178 wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:

yeah I mean there was a delay in getting the WL emails (one day) in those cases but an email still came. I doubt that they'd change their method of notifying dings all of a sudden by doing snail mail. If these were dings, don't you think an email would have come by now (3 bus days later)? I personally think DLS 4/13 is good news..

My thoughts exactly :). Are you 4/13 too?

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:50 pm

artemis178 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:

WL/dings come via email not snail mail. As of today, that seems to have changed.

My thoughts exactly :). Are you 4/13 too?[/quote]

Ughhh, I WISH!! Still UR 11/24...

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
artemis178 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:

WL/dings come via email not snail mail. As of today, that seems to have changed.

My thoughts exactly :). Are you 4/13 too?

Ughhh, I WISH!! Still UR 11/24...[/quote]

Your purple envelope is coming mulch. It haaaaaasssss to!!!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”