NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cassidylane
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cassidylane » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:31 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
cassidylane wrote:
helloperson wrote:
mikunta wrote:Last review date 2/7. Waiting for the "sorry we're not sorry" email


+1

First and last review date 2/9 here.



Hm....is it a bad thing to have but one review date? Does it imply rejection rather than waitlist or something?


Nope, everyone has only 1 review date (admits included)...then you go straight to decision letter sent.



Cool, that's what I thought. Made me a little nervous for a second there!

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:34 pm

had anyone under review for a while tried calling admissions? Was considering calling to ask about expected decision date on my app (since I submitted in Sept, feel like its not totally unjustified!!!) but don't want to screw myself over!! haha or has anyone heard of anyone doing this? I'm sure it won't make a bit of a difference but just hearing ANYthing would be nice!

User avatar
cassidylane
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cassidylane » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 pm

ilovemulch wrote:had anyone under review for a while tried calling admissions? Was considering calling to ask about expected decision date on my app (since I submitted in Sept, feel like its not totally unjustified!!!) but don't want to screw myself over!! haha or has anyone heard of anyone doing this? I'm sure it won't make a bit of a difference but just hearing ANYthing would be nice!



basing off purely my own assumptions, I'm sure this would not work against you in anyway. I did this for one school and phrased it as "since there hasn't been movemnt I just wanted to make sure that I got everything in correctly" and they were really helpful and not at all bothered.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Dany » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:49 pm

ilovemulch wrote:had anyone under review for a while tried calling admissions? Was considering calling to ask about expected decision date on my app (since I submitted in Sept, feel like its not totally unjustified!!!) but don't want to screw myself over!! haha or has anyone heard of anyone doing this? I'm sure it won't make a bit of a difference but just hearing ANYthing would be nice!

Unless you're rude I can't imagine it'd make a difference.

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby BeachedBrit » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:14 pm

What's the worst case scenario? You get waitlisted faster.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bhan87 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Dany wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:had anyone under review for a while tried calling admissions? Was considering calling to ask about expected decision date on my app (since I submitted in Sept, feel like its not totally unjustified!!!) but don't want to screw myself over!! haha or has anyone heard of anyone doing this? I'm sure it won't make a bit of a difference but just hearing ANYthing would be nice!

Unless you're rude I can't imagine it'd make a difference.


If you explain you're calling because of upcoming deadlines, I'm sure they would be more than accommodating. Just like the above post says, just don't be rude and you'll be perfectly fine.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 pm

bhan87 wrote:
Dany wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:had anyone under review for a while tried calling admissions? Was considering calling to ask about expected decision date on my app (since I submitted in Sept, feel like its not totally unjustified!!!) but don't want to screw myself over!! haha or has anyone heard of anyone doing this? I'm sure it won't make a bit of a difference but just hearing ANYthing would be nice!

Unless you're rude I can't imagine it'd make a difference.


If you explain you're calling because of upcoming deadlines, I'm sure they would be more than accommodating. Just like the above post says, just don't be rude and you'll be perfectly fine.


While you're at it, ask if they're emailing or mailing waitlist notices. :-)

thomas345
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thomas345 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 pm

If I'm writing a letter of continued interest does anyone know the email I should direct it towards, the NYU site does not seem to give a definitive answer

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ash8309 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

thomas345 wrote:If I'm writing a letter of continued interest does anyone know the email I should direct it towards, the NYU site does not seem to give a definitive answer


I emailed my LOCI to law.moreinfo@nyu.edu and got a response 4 days later that it had been added to my file.

I'm still UR 2/4 and completely expecting ding, WL if I'm super lucky!

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Dinged 164/3.95. Not surprised but byebye dream school dreams :(

swl56
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:06 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby swl56 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:17 pm

oh noooo Gotti :( so sorry to hear that...

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:26 pm

swl56 wrote:oh noooo Gotti :( so sorry to hear that...

Thanks but I knew it was coming. Just ironic that I got the email while sitting on the train to go to JFK airport...

User avatar
ash8309
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ash8309 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:36 pm

For those of us who have not heard and are by now clearly expecting dings and WL, when do you think we'll hear? Is there a drop-dead date where they usually tell people one way or another?

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby helloperson » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:41 pm

ash8309 wrote:For those of us who have not heard and are by now clearly expecting dings and WL, when do you think we'll hear? Is there a drop-dead date where they usually tell people one way or another?


I would guess we'll hear by May 1.

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Gotti wrote:Dinged 164/3.95. Not surprised but byebye dream school dreams :(

Sorry Gotti

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Gotti wrote:Dinged 164/3.95. Not surprised but byebye dream school dreams :(


Dammit Gotti sorry to hear that. They obviously saw something in your app for keeping you UR so long.You're going to a great school and will be in a great position in 2014

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Gotti » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:11 pm

you guys are sweet :) thanks

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby BeachedBrit » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:53 pm

174/3.5 - Rejected just now via email.

afLSAT
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby afLSAT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:59 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:174/3.5 - Rejected just now via email.


Sorry to hear that . . . Mind sharing your sent / submit / UR dates?

best of luck

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:174/3.5 - Rejected just now via email.


wow, sorry Brit... Would've at least expected WL for you :( I'm sure you have some other amazing options though!

Skyhook
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Skyhook » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Email reject...

Applied 1st week December
UR 1/6

Best of luck to the rest of you guys!

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ArchRoark » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Sorry to hear about all the recent rejects. Did any of you receive the "held" email/decision back in January?

User avatar
math101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby math101 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:27 pm

ArchRoark wrote:Sorry to hear about all the recent rejects. Did any of you receive the "held" email/decision back in January?


I don't think that NYU held anyone, it was just crickets. Columbia held people in January, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not 100% on this though.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:28 pm

math101 wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:Sorry to hear about all the recent rejects. Did any of you receive the "held" email/decision back in January?


I don't think that NYU held anyone, it was just crickets. Columbia held people in January, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not 100% on this though.


This is correct.

antonin
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby antonin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:174/3.5 - Rejected just now via email.



Crap, this is not a good sign for me. Similar numbers and I have not yet been accepted to a T-14.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”