NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:25 pm

mst wrote:
r6_philly wrote:ahhh I wanted to go to ASW!

May as well withdraw before they boost their selectivity ranking.


there's still another ASW in a few weeks! LET IT RIDE!


There is? Ok I calm down now. :lol:

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:32 pm

r6_philly wrote:
mst wrote:
r6_philly wrote:ahhh I wanted to go to ASW!

May as well withdraw before they boost their selectivity ranking.


there's still another ASW in a few weeks! LET IT RIDE!


There is? Ok I calm down now. :lol:


Yup. On the 14th. I'm debating going and just sitting outside the admissions office looking pitiful.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:02 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
mst wrote:
r6_philly wrote:ahhh I wanted to go to ASW!

May as well withdraw before they boost their selectivity ranking.


there's still another ASW in a few weeks! LET IT RIDE!


There is? Ok I calm down now. :lol:


Yup. On the 14th. I'm debating going and just sitting outside the admissions office looking pitiful.


hahahaha, pics please. wear some sad make-up or something... like this?

--ImageRemoved--

verses
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:27 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby verses » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:29 am

verses wrote:Does the admissions office prefer to receive LOCI and other supplemental materials by email or snail mail? Or both?


Just gonna bump this as I'm still wondering which they prefer...

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:36 am

whathojeeves wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
mst wrote:
r6_philly wrote:ahhh I wanted to go to ASW!

May as well withdraw before they boost their selectivity ranking.


there's still another ASW in a few weeks! LET IT RIDE!


There is? Ok I calm down now. :lol:


Yup. On the 14th. I'm debating going and just sitting outside the admissions office looking pitiful.


I'll be your +1 :/

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mst » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:45 am

verses wrote:
verses wrote:Does the admissions office prefer to receive LOCI and other supplemental materials by email or snail mail? Or both?


Just gonna bump this as I'm still wondering which they prefer...


No idea. I'd give them a call. But my limited experiences with making changes/adding stuff to my application via email went very successfully. They just added it to my application. I made it easier on them by sending it as a .doc AND as a .pdf.

Not to mention mail adds on like an extra 5 days AT LEAST, for them to receive it, get it to the right office, open it, process it, etc.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 am

ilovemulch wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
Yup. On the 14th. I'm debating going and just sitting outside the admissions office looking pitiful.


I'll be your +1 :/


Me too? Road trip, yay!

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:45 am

r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
Yup. On the 14th. I'm debating going and just sitting outside the admissions office looking pitiful.


I'll be your +1 :/


Me too? Road trip, yay!


Oh good. Apparently, I'll be the one in the Pierrette costume.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:49 am

whathojeeves wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
Yup. On the 14th. I'm debating going and just sitting outside the admissions office looking pitiful.


I'll be your +1 :/


Me too? Road trip, yay!


Oh good. Apparently, I'll be the one in the Pierrette costume.


I will hold a sign that reads "Will work for school" :lol:

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 am

So...I'm going to ASD because my boyfriend got in and I'm still UR 1/7 at this point with a very low LSAT for NYU but a high GPA........how should I handle this? Should I talk to admissions about it and further reiterate my interest? or is that inappropriate at an admitted students event? I'm not just crashing it though, my bf legitimately wants me to come check it out lol.

I already sent an LOCI around the middle of January but it looks like I'm headed for a WL or rejection since it's been so long.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 am

Gotti wrote:So...I'm going to ASD because my boyfriend got in and I'm still UR 1/7 at this point with a very low LSAT for NYU but a high GPA........how should I handle this? Should I talk to admissions about it and further reiterate my interest? or is that inappropriate at an admitted students event? I'm not just crashing it though, my bf legitimately wants me to come check it out lol.

I already sent an LOCI around the middle of January but it looks like I'm headed for a WL or rejection since it's been so long.


Hmmm Kinda like a crasher at an ASD event "might" be a lil inappropriate for this event. But is show's your determination!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 am

blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:So...I'm going to ASD because my boyfriend got in and I'm still UR 1/7 at this point with a very low LSAT for NYU but a high GPA........how should I handle this? Should I talk to admissions about it and further reiterate my interest? or is that inappropriate at an admitted students event? I'm not just crashing it though, my bf legitimately wants me to come check it out lol.

I already sent an LOCI around the middle of January but it looks like I'm headed for a WL or rejection since it's been so long.


Hmmm Kinda like a crasher at an ASD event "might" be a lil inappropriate for this event. But is show's your determination!


I would go as a SO, but casually have the BF chat up with the admission people (dean) about the situation. They would be curious and talk to you. But you would have to be smooth. Very good practice for future career networking (making an casual meeting into a business connection).

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:14 pm

TLS CLS/NYU ASW #2 Survey

If you're attending either/both admitted students days this weekend
in Manhattan and might be interested in a TLS meet-up, please
fill out this quick survey. This is so last minute, but I figured there
might be interested people.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... Q0dhRmc6MQ

Results: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CK_hnpQC

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mst » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:49 pm

r6_philly wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:So...I'm going to ASD because my boyfriend got in and I'm still UR 1/7 at this point with a very low LSAT for NYU but a high GPA........how should I handle this? Should I talk to admissions about it and further reiterate my interest? or is that inappropriate at an admitted students event? I'm not just crashing it though, my bf legitimately wants me to come check it out lol.

I already sent an LOCI around the middle of January but it looks like I'm headed for a WL or rejection since it's been so long.


Hmmm Kinda like a crasher at an ASD event "might" be a lil inappropriate for this event. But is show's your determination!


I would go as a SO, but casually have the BF chat up with the admission people (dean) about the situation. They would be curious and talk to you. But you would have to be smooth. Very good practice for future career networking (making an casual meeting into a business connection).


Yeah I would be cautious about it, could make for an awkward conversation if you go about it wrong. And looking at your profile and the schools you're not getting into, I don't think the odds are really in your favor at this point. Not trying to be rude about it (and I hope you don't take it that way!), just suggesting that maybe it's not really worth it...

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:53 pm

mst wrote:
Yeah I would be cautious about it, could make for an awkward conversation if you go about it wrong. And looking at your profile and the schools you're not getting into, I don't think the odds are really in your favor at this point. Not trying to be rude about it (and I hope you don't take it that way!), just suggesting that maybe it's not really worth it...

lol yeah...that was a little insulting. I wonder how the world would be if no one went for anything when they had nothing to lose...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Gotti wrote:
mst wrote:
Yeah I would be cautious about it, could make for an awkward conversation if you go about it wrong. And looking at your profile and the schools you're not getting into, I don't think the odds are really in your favor at this point. Not trying to be rude about it (and I hope you don't take it that way!), just suggesting that maybe it's not really worth it...

lol yeah...that was a little insulting. I wonder how the world would be if no one went for anything when they had nothing to lose...


Confidence goes a long way, and presented by your BF is a good way to start since it's obviously a part of his decision making process.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mr_toad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:08 pm

What's insulting about it? MST pointed out that the cycle does not indicate a positive response. But that said, I think you're right; go for it! What's the worst that can happen? They say no.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:20 pm

mr_toad wrote:What's insulting about it? MST pointed out that the cycle does not indicate a positive response. But that said, I think you're right; go for it! What's the worst that can happen? They say no.

Yeah he has a point but it was a little unnecessary IMO.

User avatar
jplwine
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby jplwine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Dinged via e-mail. No surprise, but I really appreciated the 1 and 1/2 weeks of torture after they updated my status to DLS. Would have been easier if you had gotten it right the first time. Good luck to those still waiting.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bdubs » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:26 pm

jplwine wrote:Dinged via e-mail. No surprise, but I really appreciated the 1 and 1/2 weeks of torture after they updated my status to DLS. Would have been easier if you had gotten it right the first time. Good luck to those still waiting.


Sorry to hear that. Sounds like an unfortunate glitch.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mst » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Gotti wrote:
mr_toad wrote:What's insulting about it? MST pointed out that the cycle does not indicate a positive response. But that said, I think you're right; go for it! What's the worst that can happen? They say no.

Yeah he has a point but it was a little unnecessary IMO.


Sorry it came off as offensive. You came in asking if it was inappropriate to do that and my opinion was yes, I think it would be a bit awkward to bring somebody to an ASW who wasn't admitted and use that an an opportunity to push forward somebody, especially somebody who probably isn't on the fringe anyways... If you were getting into other t14's for example it'd make more sense and seem less awkward, but otherwise it just screams awkward to me. If you were going to do it anyways and only wanted to hear "Do it! Can't hurt to ask!" then why did you bring it up?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:47 pm

mst wrote:
Gotti wrote:
mr_toad wrote:What's insulting about it? MST pointed out that the cycle does not indicate a positive response. But that said, I think you're right; go for it! What's the worst that can happen? They say no.

Yeah he has a point but it was a little unnecessary IMO.


Sorry it came off as offensive. You came in asking if it was inappropriate to do that and my opinion was yes, I think it would be a bit awkward to bring somebody to an ASW who wasn't admitted and use that an an opportunity to push forward somebody, especially somebody who probably isn't on the fringe anyways... If you were getting into other t14's for example it'd make more sense and seem less awkward, but otherwise it just screams awkward to me. If you were going to do it anyways and only wanted to hear "Do it! Can't hurt to ask!" then why did you bring it up?

lol I'm probably going to go on Friday...so if it's awkward at ASD i'll wait till the next day to go in.

backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby backtothebeat » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:34 pm

still under review since 2/2 ... ughhh. expecting the waitlist/rejection but it would be nice to have some closure

User avatar
jplwine
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby jplwine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:40 pm

bdubs wrote:
jplwine wrote:Dinged via e-mail. No surprise, but I really appreciated the 1 and 1/2 weeks of torture after they updated my status to DLS. Would have been easier if you had gotten it right the first time. Good luck to those still waiting.


Sorry to hear that. Sounds like an unfortunate glitch.


Yeah, I'm bitter right now, but I'll get over it.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:02 pm

backtothebeat wrote:still under review since 2/2 ... ughhh. expecting the waitlist/rejection but it would be nice to have some closure


still 1/5. I really want to be done with status checking at this point and move on to better things.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Lutt, asuddenarborealstop, dannyswo, Google Adsense [Bot], mse2020 and 18 guests