NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby law_monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm so jealous of all you NYC people. You'll hear back so much quicker!!! Are there any other Cali people in here hoping to head east next fall? :)

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:52 pm

I am irrationally hoping that in their zeal for new status checkers they decide to release decisions that way. :mrgreen:

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:53 pm

law_monkey wrote:I'm so jealous of all you NYC people. You'll hear back so much quicker!!! Are there any other Cali people in here hoping to head east next fall? :)


Yes maam (I think you're a maam? sorry if you're not haha). If I don't get into Berkeley, I'm probably going to NYU (assuming I get in, which I'm not sure how likely it is..). Their faculty just seems amazing.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby law_monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:56 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I'm so jealous of all you NYC people. You'll hear back so much quicker!!! Are there any other Cali people in here hoping to head east next fall? :)


Yes maam (I think you're a maam? sorry if you're not haha). If I don't get into Berkeley, I'm probably going to NYU (assuming I get in, which I'm not sure how likely it is..). Their faculty just seems amazing.


Lol yes I'm a girl. And hurray for the west coast! I only applied to east coast schools though, so I'm getting everything later than everyone else (in the event that they're acceptances anyway).

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:59 pm

law_monkey wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I'm so jealous of all you NYC people. You'll hear back so much quicker!!! Are there any other Cali people in here hoping to head east next fall? :)


Yes maam (I think you're a maam? sorry if you're not haha). If I don't get into Berkeley, I'm probably going to NYU (assuming I get in, which I'm not sure how likely it is..). Their faculty just seems amazing.


Lol yes I'm a girl. And hurray for the west coast! I only applied to east coast schools though, so I'm getting everything later than everyone else (in the event that they're acceptances anyway).


Sweeeet, I feel accomplished haha. Dang, how come no west coast love?? Do you want to end up in the east coast?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby law_monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Sweeeet, I feel accomplished haha. Dang, how come no west coast love?? Do you want to end up in the east coast?


Yes, I'm in LOOOOOOVE with DC!

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 pm

law_monkey wrote:I'm so jealous of all you NYC people. You'll hear back so much quicker!!! Are there any other Cali people in here hoping to head east next fall? :)

Yes yes! SoCal here.

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:13 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Sweeeet, I feel accomplished haha. Dang, how come no west coast love?? Do you want to end up in the east coast?


Yes, I'm in LOOOOOOVE with DC!


You have the best safety school ever then in Georgetown :)

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby law_monkey » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:16 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Sweeeet, I feel accomplished haha. Dang, how come no west coast love?? Do you want to end up in the east coast?


Yes, I'm in LOOOOOOVE with DC!


You have the best safety school ever then in Georgetown :)


Yeah I'm definitely stoked to be in there! But I'm URM so my cycle could be really unpredictable so I aimed very high and kind of low in my apps to make sure I have options. Fortunately I've been lucky so far, but a nod from NYU would be even sweeter! :D

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Soda Mixer wrote:So, NYU is apparently processing the hell out of my app...I submitted 10/29 and have been stuck on application processing since. Is anyone else who applied before November still waiting to go complete/UR?

Also, good luck y'all! Tomorrow is freakin' December :shock:


I've been processing since 11/4.... They are enjoying processing mine as well.

ioftendreamoftrains
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ioftendreamoftrains » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:50 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
I wish I could just walk down there and ask for my decision in person. Seems like such a waste to mail something from Washington Square to Union Square.


Sigh. I walk by almost every day on my commute, and the temptation to do so is STRONG.

User avatar
NYC_7911
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby NYC_7911 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:52 pm

ioftendreamoftrains wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:
I wish I could just walk down there and ask for my decision in person. Seems like such a waste to mail something from Washington Square to Union Square.


Sigh. I walk by almost every day on my commute, and the temptation to do so is STRONG.


Haha. Join the club (see yesterday's conversation, which miraculously did not end in a purple-envelope-hungry TLS mob at the admissions office).

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:54 pm

.
Last edited by 4102011 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:55 pm

dulcatis wrote:
NYC_7911 wrote:
ioftendreamoftrains wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:
I wish I could just walk down there and ask for my decision in person. Seems like such a waste to mail something from Washington Square to Union Square.


Sigh. I walk by almost every day on my commute, and the temptation to do so is STRONG.


Haha. Join the club (see yesterday's conversation, which miraculously did not end in a purple-envelope-hungry TLS mob at the admissions office).


I am restraining myself! Be proud, guys.

I think we should organize two events: a happy, celebratory in-at-NYU meetup, and then a support group. Just in case.


Sign me up (hopefully for the former)! Both should include booze though

User avatar
NYC_7911
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby NYC_7911 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:22 pm

dulcatis wrote:
I am restraining myself! Be proud, guys.

I think we should organize two events: a happy, celebratory in-at-NYU meetup, and then a support group. Just in case.


Let's do it! Somebody pick a good Village bar. :-)

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 pm

NYC_7911 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
I am restraining myself! Be proud, guys.

I think we should organize two events: a happy, celebratory in-at-NYU meetup, and then a support group. Just in case.


Let's do it! Somebody pick a good Village bar. :-)


Hopefully we all hear about the same time, so we can celebrate/mope en masse

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:42 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
NYC_7911 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
I am restraining myself! Be proud, guys.

I think we should organize two events: a happy, celebratory in-at-NYU meetup, and then a support group. Just in case.


Let's do it! Somebody pick a good Village bar. :-)


Hopefully we all hear about the same time, so we can celebrate/mope en masse


Haha, which of those actions would correspond with a waitlist (I'm sorry if that's become a taboo word after the anticipation)?

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:50 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:
NYC_7911 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
I am restraining myself! Be proud, guys.

I think we should organize two events: a happy, celebratory in-at-NYU meetup, and then a support group. Just in case.


Let's do it! Somebody pick a good Village bar. :-)


Hopefully we all hear about the same time, so we can celebrate/mope en masse


Haha, which of those actions would correspond with a waitlist (I'm sorry if that's become a taboo word after the anticipation)?

Die. (just kidding... But seriously :P)

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby pulandasu » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:14 pm

went home (NYC) from work to check my mailbox.

today's not it for me.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:59 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:
NYC_7911 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
I am restraining myself! Be proud, guys.

I think we should organize two events: a happy, celebratory in-at-NYU meetup, and then a support group. Just in case.


Let's do it! Somebody pick a good Village bar. :-)


Hopefully we all hear about the same time, so we can celebrate/mope en masse


Haha, which of those actions would correspond with a waitlist (I'm sorry if that's become a taboo word after the anticipation)?


I think with a WL you could go to either, depending on how you feel about it. Like, if a WL is even a long shot, then you could go be happy! Or you could go sulk at the support group meeting.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:13 pm

dulcatis wrote:I think with a WL you could go to either, depending on how you feel about it. Like, if a WL is even a long shot, then you could go be happy! Or you could go sulk at the support group meeting.

I believe a WL means you can and should go to both. Excuse for excessive drinking? Don't mind if I do... :D

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:22 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:I think with a WL you could go to either, depending on how you feel about it. Like, if a WL is even a long shot, then you could go be happy! Or you could go sulk at the support group meeting.

I believe a WL means you can and should go to both. Excuse for excessive drinking? Don't mind if I do... :D

Haha, I can just picture that now...

"Were you accepted?" "Well... kinda."
"Were you rejected?" "Well... kinda."

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:51 pm

Ahh I'm starting to get nervous! What's the earliest people have been under review since? Not sure how long it takes them to make decisions, since there was no status checker last year.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:57 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Ahh I'm starting to get nervous! What's the earliest people have been under review since? Not sure how long it takes them to make decisions, since there was no status checker last year.


I've been UR since 10/20. Submitted 9/19.

But I don't think that matters so much. In the past, the first wave of decisions has been a mix of people with varying submit and UR dates ranging from Sept to Nov.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Ahh I'm starting to get nervous! What's the earliest people have been under review since? Not sure how long it takes them to make decisions, since there was no status checker last year.


I've been UR since 10/20. Submitted 9/19.

But I don't think that matters so much. In the past, the first wave of decisions has been a mix of people with varying submit and UR dates ranging from Sept to Nov.


Oo nice. Thanks for the info!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brinicolec, ellielaw, Google Adsense [Bot], pkalltheway, SharpSpoons, Yahoo [Bot], Zoe107 and 15 guests