NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 am

ahduth wrote:Or... Jacobson?

Also curious, although I haven't looked back to see when people are usually notified.

nyulawguy
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby nyulawguy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 am

For those headed to the March 3-4 Admitted Students Days, congratulations! Not only are you visiting a great school, but we're even going to buy you a drink!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166364736745722
or
visit the NYU Law Class of 2014 on Facebook for more information!

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

law_monkey wrote:AnBryce here too!!! Still in shock!!!


Yaaaay!!

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 pm

nyulawguy wrote:For those headed to the March 3-4 Admitted Students Days, congratulations! Not only are you visiting a great school, but we're even going to buy you a drink!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166364736745722
or
visit the NYU Law Class of 2014 on Facebook for more information!


...Exactly how many drinks are you buying for us?

:lol:

Please don't revoke my admission!!

User avatar
Lisi
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Lisi » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Just got the official acceptance letter in the mail!

nyulawguy
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby nyulawguy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Congrats!

Lisi wrote:Just got the official acceptance letter in the mail!

nyulawguy
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby nyulawguy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Get there early, plan to stay late. You'll get plenty earlier in the evening, at least one at the bar, and have large discounts after that.

We do aim to please :)

whirledpeas86 wrote:
nyulawguy wrote:For those headed to the March 3-4 Admitted Students Days, congratulations! Not only are you visiting a great school, but we're even going to buy you a drink!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166364736745722
or
visit the NYU Law Class of 2014 on Facebook for more information!


...Exactly how many drinks are you buying for us?

:lol:

Please don't revoke my admission!!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:37 pm

For those of you wondering apparently RTK and B&B invites are out today. AnBryce invites were yesterday.

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mel2010 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:48 pm

law_monkey wrote:For those of you wondering apparently RTK and B&B invites are out today. AnBryce invites were yesterday.


Or at least have opened; from what I can tell there have been some delayed announcements in the past. Not sure though...

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby sgtgrumbles » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:07 pm

How do you guys know about the RTK process? Did either of you receive interview invitations?

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mel2010 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:How do you guys know about the RTK process? Did either of you receive interview invitations?

Someone in the NYU Class of 2014 thread mentioned receiving an invite today; I also looked around at past years on TLS and LSN to determine that there were people who didn't find out the first day, although usually within a week or so.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:11 pm

law_monkey wrote:For those of you wondering apparently RTK and B&B invites are out today. AnBryce invites were yesterday.


Noooooo!

Oh well, I've had a good enough cycle thus far as it is.

Congrats to all the new admits and named scholarship invites!

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby swampthang » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:15 pm

law_monkey wrote:For those of you wondering apparently RTK and B&B invites are out today. AnBryce invites were yesterday.


And as far as I can tell, no word on the remaining ones (Int'l, Academic, Business).

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby sgtgrumbles » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Aha, I see that now. One more thread I have to monitor for NYU goings-on.

Any idea when rejections for named scholarships go out? When can we expect to hear definitively whether we're still in the running?

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby sarahh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Only one person has reported an RTK invite so far. I do not think all hope is lost yet.

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ChriLa425 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 pm

swampthang wrote:
law_monkey wrote:For those of you wondering apparently RTK and B&B invites are out today. AnBryce invites were yesterday.


And as far as I can tell, no word on the remaining ones (Int'l, Academic, Business).


B&B came out same time as AnBryce, at least in my case.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby forza » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Congrats to all the AnBryce finalists. To you lucky dogs interviewing in DC: you'll love it.

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby chrissyc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:30 pm

how many people receive the AnBryce?

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby dot » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:39 pm

wah RTK..... where are you?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 pm

chrissyc wrote:how many people receive the AnBryce?


Apparently it differs from year to year between 8 and 12.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby forza » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 pm

chrissyc wrote:how many people receive the AnBryce?


30+ interviews for about 10 spots, give or take 1. Good luck!

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby c_dubya_s » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 pm

forza wrote:
chrissyc wrote:how many people receive the AnBryce?


30+ interviews for about 10 spots, give or take 1. Good luck!


I believe that Dean Revesz said there were 11 spots for the AnBryce at the DC admitted students luncheon today.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby arism87 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:47 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
forza wrote:
chrissyc wrote:how many people receive the AnBryce?


30+ interviews for about 10 spots, give or take 1. Good luck!


I believe that Dean Revesz said there were 11 spots for the AnBryce at the DC admitted students luncheon today.


Does this mean they make 11 offers, or they hope 11 will accept? Sounds like the latter? I imagine a few might turn it down (however unfathomable that is to me :) )

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby forza » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 pm

arism87 wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:
forza wrote:
chrissyc wrote:how many people receive the AnBryce?


30+ interviews for about 10 spots, give or take 1. Good luck!


I believe that Dean Revesz said there were 11 spots for the AnBryce at the DC admitted students luncheon today.


Does this mean they make 11 offers, or they hope 11 will accept? Sounds like the latter? I imagine a few might turn it down (however unfathomable that is to me :) )


1) There were only 9 last year, so it's quite possible they'll give out 11 this year (since I've heard from people in the program that they aim for 10 every year).
2) People have turned it down (I roomed with a guy for the interviews in DC last year who did). If you are offered the scholarship, you have three days to mull it over and accept/reject it, so that may have a little bit to do with why a rare few turn it down.

Can't say enough good things about the program though, and I look forward to meeting y'all next month. Cheers!

ashleyryan
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ashleyryan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:00 am

Went a few days without tracking the app!

Updated to Under Review 2/23, Yay




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”