NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
2011L1
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 2011L1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

ok for those who received a purple envelope how long were you UR?

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby glitched » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 pm

2011L1 wrote:ok for those who received a purple envelope how long were you UR?


11/23 - submit
1/5 - UR
1/18 - DLS
1/19 - Got drunk
1/21 - Woke up
1/22 - texted my apologies to friends, updated my facebook status to "I will never drink again...."
1/24 - purple envelope
1/25 - Got drunk

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby jd20132013 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Letter's still not here smh

It's not as big a deal as it was bu I would like to see if I got in.

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Ship87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:27 pm

I haven't recieved my purple envelope yet either, but I'm confident about the ASW. NYU has really quick turnaround for admitted students. Its my first decision of the cycle and I know at least one person in the 1/21 batch applied in January.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 pm

glitched wrote:
2011L1 wrote:ok for those who received a purple envelope how long were you UR?


11/23 - submit
1/5 - UR
1/18 - DLS
1/19 - Got drunk
1/21 - Woke up
1/22 - texted my apologies to friends, updated my facebook status to "I will never drink again...."
1/24 - purple envelope
1/25 - Got drunk


This is a lot of awesome

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:00 pm

My purple letter is still not here. :evil:

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:43 pm

subtle wrote:My purple letter is still not here. :evil:


same! ;(

yale2011
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby yale2011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:47 pm

.
Last edited by yale2011 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:59 pm

i imagine i sound neurotic and obsessed, but has anyone DLS 1/21 received the fab purple and gold envelope &/or pizza box?!

i am leaving town for the weekend and fear i'll go crazy not knowing for sure! am i the only one who doesn't feel fully admitted despite the ASW access?! lol

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby amkid100 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:00 pm

can someone post a link to the nyu spreadsheet? (assuming dulcatis made one?)

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby arism87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 pm

yale2011 wrote:
glitched wrote:okay i have NO idea what you're talking about. I don't know if upper west side is near CLS, NYU, or who knows where? LOl all those places mean nothing to me.


EDIT: let's take this to PMs. Unless someone on this thread is also interested.


This should help (click for full size):
Image


THANKS! I'm from middle-of-nowhere, Virginia, and NYC is very overwhelming for me. This helps!

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby glitched » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:18 pm

that is still really complicated for me lol but it does help a bit... hopefully i don't get into another school so that this decision will be made for me haha

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:18 pm

I laugh at the idea of breaking blocks into subsections! I will get confused because I drive through like 30 neighborhoods in 10 minutes then. :lol:

User avatar
NYC_7911
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby NYC_7911 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: Manhattan map...I just learned that apparently I work in Turtle Bay. Did not know that!

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby subtle » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:43 pm

cawquette wrote:i imagine i sound neurotic and obsessed, but has anyone DLS 1/21 received the fab purple and gold envelope &/or pizza box?!

i am leaving town for the weekend and fear i'll go crazy not knowing for sure! am i the only one who doesn't feel fully admitted despite the ASW access?! lol


That's how I felt until when I was logging off, it said my name. I figured if that's not a legit admit, then NYU is just cruel and doesn't deserve me anyway. But, I've also been harassing just about every USPS person I've seen since it's still not here. I've yet to check today because I'm out of my apartment all day (boo). This is getting really frustrating. Supposedly, I'm supposed to be getting a cool packet from GULC too, that also hasn't come.

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:41 pm

subtle wrote:
cawquette wrote:i imagine i sound neurotic and obsessed, but has anyone DLS 1/21 received the fab purple and gold envelope &/or pizza box?!

i am leaving town for the weekend and fear i'll go crazy not knowing for sure! am i the only one who doesn't feel fully admitted despite the ASW access?! lol


That's how I felt until when I was logging off, it said my name. I figured if that's not a legit admit, then NYU is just cruel and doesn't deserve me anyway. But, I've also been harassing just about every USPS person I've seen since it's still not here. I've yet to check today because I'm out of my apartment all day (boo). This is getting really frustrating. Supposedly, I'm supposed to be getting a cool packet from GULC too, that also hasn't come.


i decided to do what you did and log off the ASW. i guess since it said "Thank you, Cawquette" i feel a tad better. my heart jumps whenever i turn the mailbox key only to find a catalog stuffed in instead of the special envelope. this is unbearable. i can't pop the champagne until i get it (that doesn't preclude other pre-celebratory bottles before then, though...hehe).

i hope it comes for us tomorrow! it will be one week 1/21-->1/28. surely it must arrive tomorrow! ahhhhhhhhhhhh that'd make for a nice weekend =D

kdubb513
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby kdubb513 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Sgtpeppernyc wrote:GAH still UR 11/22.....chinese water torture.


11/30. This is agonizing. I should just accept the WL/Ding that's coming

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:48 pm

kdubb513 wrote:
Sgtpeppernyc wrote:GAH still UR 11/22.....chinese water torture.


11/30. This is agonizing. I should just accept the WL/Ding that's coming


10/31. I don't even know why I check.

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Teflon1974 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:50 pm

r6_philly wrote:I laugh at the idea of breaking blocks into subsections! I will get confused because I drive through like 30 neighborhoods in 10 minutes then. :lol:


If you think you can go further than one block in 10 minutes, you REALLY don't know Manhattan. ;)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby r6_philly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Teflon1974 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I laugh at the idea of breaking blocks into subsections! I will get confused because I drive through like 30 neighborhoods in 10 minutes then. :lol:


If you think you can go further than one block in 10 minutes, you REALLY don't know Manhattan. ;)


You don't know how I drive. I scare the crap out of cabbies. I take enjoyment out of cutting in front of people - in Manhattan only.

DreamShake
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby DreamShake » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Teflon1974 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I laugh at the idea of breaking blocks into subsections! I will get confused because I drive through like 30 neighborhoods in 10 minutes then. :lol:


If you think you can go further than one block in 10 minutes, you REALLY don't know Manhattan. ;)


You don't know how I drive. I scare the crap out of cabbies. I take enjoyment out of cutting in front of people - in Manhattan only.


But cabbies don't even know what "cutting in" means... :P

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:03 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
kdubb513 wrote:
Sgtpeppernyc wrote:GAH still UR 11/22.....chinese water torture.


11/30. This is agonizing. I should just accept the WL/Ding that's coming


10/31. I don't even know why I check.


11/10, and I still check too :(

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:31 pm

yale2011 wrote:This should help (click for full size):
Image


Some of those names are super made up, though. There's no one who actually lives in NYC who refers to a tiny square above lincoln center as "Ansonia" just because there is a building with that name up there.

I am mostly posting because there wasn't any answer a couple of pages ago: any interviews for any of the named schollys yet? RTK or anything else?

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ahduth » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 pm

I think I read somewhere they'll have invites out by the end of February? I got the impression they wanted the interviews to take place during one of the ASW sessions.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shoop » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Two! TWO law schools have send me admissions emails AND gotten packets/letters to me in the time since NYU said "Decision Letter Sent."




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”