NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PuckCU06
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby PuckCU06 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 pm

alright... so, seems that those getting dinged today are people who submitted pre-december, and those getting good news had a relatively fast turn around time... anyone not fit that pattern?

I went under review 11/4, so, figuring I'm pretty well screwed, but miracles happen, yes?

hotthaichick wrote:
shoop wrote:
PuckCU06 wrote:When did you guys go under review?



I think the 14th or the 18th. I don't remember because I only have enough room on my tracking whiteboard for one entry per school, and the UR notation was erased to make room for DLS on 1/21!


I went UR 1/18 and submitted on 12/26:)

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 pm

omfg, i fear that the access to the admitted students page is a website glitch! i am a 1/21 DLS who was unable to access the ASW until just now. am i really in?! first acceptance of the cycle. i hesitate to believe it until i get the purple envelope or pizza box! omg?

someone earlier posted that he/she thinks i am a super flame or related to someone like colin ferguson. not true. because i never posted on TLS until today i am unfamiliar with how to quote that text, so forgive me. anyways, here are my stats: applied 12/18, UR early january, then DLS 1/21. Oct 2010 LSAT 172, 3.93 GPA. I am a humanities major at UF in Gainesville, FL.

congrats to everyone who got into ASW!!!!!! i hope we get concrete proof in our mailboxes asap!

yay!
=)

User avatar
sojasoph
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:14 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby sojasoph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 pm

ok logged on to the ASW a couple hours ago. Changed my pass word. And now I cant log on anymore.....

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm

sojasoph wrote:ok logged on to the ASW a couple hours ago. Changed my pass word. And now I cant log on anymore.....


you're scaring me. these pizza boxes need to come asap!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
sojasoph
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:14 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby sojasoph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:55 pm

cawquette wrote:
sojasoph wrote:ok logged on to the ASW a couple hours ago. Changed my pass word. And now I cant log on anymore.....


you're scaring me. these pizza boxes need to come asap!!!!!!!!!!

OK got on now. Maybe it was just acting funny.

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 pm

sojasoph wrote:
cawquette wrote:
sojasoph wrote:ok logged on to the ASW a couple hours ago. Changed my pass word. And now I cant log on anymore.....


you're scaring me. these pizza boxes need to come asap!!!!!!!!!!

OK got on now. Maybe it was just acting funny.


oh, thank goodness! you made me freak out! lol. yay!

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 pm

so looks like RD rejections just started going out today, and they're all by email with status checker reporting DLS 1/25, correct?

Anybody been WL'd yet?

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shoop » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Oh, for fuck's sake. Into the ASW but no envelope when I got home. How am I supposed to get anything accomplished in the next 24 hours? And why do schools insist on using an unreliable message delivery system that has been virtually abandoned by the professional professional field for which they're preparing students? I work in a law firm and the only time I've used USPS in the course of business is when a contract stipulates certified mail as the only method for delivery of notices (and even then, we still send a copy by overnight UPS/FedEx).

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:02 pm

shoop wrote:Oh, for fuck's sake. Into the ASW but no envelope when I got home. How am I supposed to get anything accomplished in the next 24 hours? And why do schools insist on using an unreliable message delivery system that has been virtually abandoned by the professional professional field for which they're preparing students? I work in a law firm and the only time I've used USPS in the course of business is when a contract stipulates certified mail as the only method for delivery of notices (and even then, we still send a copy by overnight UPS/FedEx).


I know! How will we sleep tonight?! We need the pizza box or purple envelope for confirmation!

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:12 pm

this makes me feel better from the ASW:



January 2011

Dear Admitted Student,

Congratulations on your admission to New York University School of Law! As President of the Student Bar Association (SBA), the student government here at NYU Law, I would like to use this opportunity to introduce you to the myriad opportunities available to NYU Law School students, and personally invite you to join our community.

In the coming weeks and months, you will have many choices to make regarding your law school experience. You will be comparing schools that offer stimulating classes, talented faculty members, and wonderful facilities. NYU certainly has all of those things, but what sets us apart? I would say that the unparalleled level of collaboration and community involvement at NYU distinguishes us from our peer schools in a vital and important way. Law school can be an overwhelming place, and ensuring that students have a support system on which to rely has become one of our community’s top priorities.

The student body at NYU is comprised of talented, motivated, and enthusiastic people constantly striving to make our community as vibrant and active as possible. We have over sixty student groups, which focus on everything from human rights issues to “adventuring.” Students are also involved in many of the policy decisions the Law School makes, whether they serve on Student-Faculty Committees or work directly with administrative officials to represent the student viewpoint on issues as varied as course registration and public interest fellowships.

Essentially, NYU Law recognizes that you are coming to law school not just to become a lawyer, but also to develop a wide range of professional, practical, and personal skills. Whether you are interested in pursuing a joint degree, specializing in tax, obtaining clinical fieldwork experience, or just relaxing and playing flag football by the East River, NYU has the opportunity for you to do so. We further encourage students to get to know each other by hosting weekly social events, which provide students with the opportunity to network and just get to know each other in an informal setting.

Through my work with the SBA, I have seen firsthand how passionate and devoted my fellow students are. I hope that you will take the opportunity to visit the Law School during one of the Admitted Students Days (or at any time that is convenient for you) to get a feel for the community yourself. We would love to have you learn more about the spirit of our student body, student life, our faculty, the curriculum and anything else that will help you in making your decision. Please feel free to contact me and the SBA by email (erica.iverson@nyu.edu) or visit --LinkRemoved-- if you have any questions.

Congratulations, once again, and we hope you’ll join us here at NYU.

Erica Iverson
Student Bar Association President

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby subtle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Holy shit! It went through. This isn't a glitch, right?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby neonx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:29 pm

OMG! I just stepped out of work and checked the ASW website on my slow-ass iPhone. 1/21 -- IN!

Yay! <3 1/21-ers.

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:31 pm

neonx wrote:OMG! I just stepped out of work and checked the ASW website on my slow-ass iPhone. 1/21 -- IN!

Yay! <3 1/21-ers.


<3!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby neonx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 pm

I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13631
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm

neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


That's awesome. Gives hope for the rest of us with sub-25th LSATs

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby glitched » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Congrats to everyone. :)

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 pm

neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


wait, break down out of joy or out of fear it was a glitch?!

i am sure u had amazing extracurriculars etc.!

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby subtle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 pm

neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


Remember when you were all pissy and were like Hate to break it to you, but we're probably all getting rejected...

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby glitched » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 pm

cawquette wrote:
neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


wait, break down out of joy or out of fear it was a glitch?!

i am sure u had amazing extracurriculars etc.!


--ImageRemoved--

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby neonx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:02 pm

subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


Remember when you were all pissy and were like Hate to break it to you, but we're probably all getting rejected...


I'm a Debbie Downer, subtle! =) Yay!

We can be besties.
Last edited by neonx on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cawquette
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cawquette » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 pm

glitched wrote:
cawquette wrote:
neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


wait, break down out of joy or out of fear it was a glitch?!

i am sure u had amazing extracurriculars etc.!


--ImageRemoved--


hahahahahah

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:19 pm

cawquette wrote:
glitched wrote:
cawquette wrote:
neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


wait, break down out of joy or out of fear it was a glitch?!

i am sure u had amazing extracurriculars etc.!


--ImageRemoved--


hahahahahah


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby subtle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:35 pm

neonx wrote:
subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


Remember when you were all pissy and were like Hate to break it to you, but we're probably all getting rejected...


I'm a Debbie Downer, subtle! =) Yay!

We can be besties.


Clearly, you are. And yes, we can be besties. Where else have you gotten in? Also, suck it, Law School Predictor. I have a big fat DENY from LSN.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby law_monkey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:39 pm

subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:
subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:I'm legitimately about to break down. My LSAT score isn't even in the 25th percentile and I'm non-URM.

What the FUCK?


Remember when you were all pissy and were like Hate to break it to you, but we're probably all getting rejected...


I'm a Debbie Downer, subtle! =) Yay!

We can be besties.


Clearly, you are. And yes, we can be besties. Where else have you gotten in? Also, suck it, Law School Predictor. I have a big fat DENY from LSN.


LSP didn't predict like 3 or 4 of my acceptances. And that was even after I checked the URM box. It helps to a certain extent, but it's definitely not infallible.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Am I the only one still UR 12/8? I know it's quite a reach for me (171/3.56), but I would've expected some progress by now, even if just in the rejection direction.

My apps at USC and Michigan are also taking forever.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”