NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby neonx » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:37 am

law_monkey wrote:
subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:
subtle wrote:Oh stop. If we get rejected, we get rejected. Will it suck? Yes. Will it be upsetting? Yes. Will I wallow all weekend? Yes. Will life go on? Yes.

Anyway, so here's the thing:

Your numbers aren't the same as the first two highlighted. They're similar to the second two, but who says that other than your numbers you look nothing like those people? What if they had typos all over their applications? There are a lot of what if's in this whole process. Don't count yourself out, until you're out.


subtle, you're so calm. I need that sort of poise, but I'm a wreck right now.

Time to turn up the Elliott Smith.



:lol: On the inside, I'm freaking out. I'm just yelling at myself to chill the fuck out. I will make a trip to the bar if need be. But, for now, the fact that I know I'm going to know one way or other is helping. Also, having somewhere I really want to go. Also, Boy Meets World. 'Nuff said.


Win!


I am so in on the BMW fest, too.

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bleedblue » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:44 am

[/quote]


:lol: On the inside, I'm freaking out. I'm just yelling at myself to chill the fuck out. I will make a trip to the bar if need be. But, for now, the fact that I know I'm going to know one way or other is helping. Also, having somewhere I really want to go. Also, Boy Meets World. 'Nuff said.[/quote]

Win![/quote]

I am so in on the BMW fest, too.[/quote]

7 a.m. eastern on ABC Family! Feenay!

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby subtle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:50 am

Is it helping? Because it's making my life better at the moment. Also, the very second episode came out on my 4th birthday.

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Ship87 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:55 am

+10,000 on the Boy meets world. Still can't access ASW, just gonna go and twiddle my thumbs/drink heavily till an evelope arrives. Just kidding, I won't be doing anything with my thumbs.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shoop » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Has anyone gone from "complete/in review" to "decision letter sent" ridiculously fast? Like, I went under review on 1/18 and got DLS on 1/21. I'm 3.9/170 so I'm assuming it's a big fat ding. FWIW, the admitted students login thinger isn't working for me.

Is it a possible outcome that the letter is waitlist? Or would the status checker actually have the balls to tell me I'd been waitlisted? I dislike this "you know a decision has been made but are at the mercy of USPS to find out what it is" thing.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby subtle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:03 pm

I agree about this whole being at the mercy of USPS thing. There should be a special mail service for law school that delivers 24/7.

parsi
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby parsi » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:07 pm

shoop wrote:Has anyone gone from "complete/in review" to "decision letter sent" ridiculously fast? Like, I went under review on 1/18 and got DLS on 1/21. I'm 3.9/170 so I'm assuming it's a big fat ding. FWIW, the admitted students login thinger isn't working for me.

Is it a possible outcome that the letter is waitlist? Or would the status checker actually have the balls to tell me I'd been waitlisted? I dislike this "you know a decision has been made but are at the mercy of USPS to find out what it is" thing.



i submitted 12/23, complete 1/4, ur 1/7, dls 1/18, 3.9/171

i have yet to receive the letter but i can log on to the ASW so i assume im in

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shoop » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:11 pm

parsi wrote:
shoop wrote:Has anyone gone from "complete/in review" to "decision letter sent" ridiculously fast? Like, I went under review on 1/18 and got DLS on 1/21. I'm 3.9/170 so I'm assuming it's a big fat ding. FWIW, the admitted students login thinger isn't working for me.

Is it a possible outcome that the letter is waitlist? Or would the status checker actually have the balls to tell me I'd been waitlisted? I dislike this "you know a decision has been made but are at the mercy of USPS to find out what it is" thing.



i submitted 12/23, complete 1/4, ur 1/7, dls 1/18, 3.9/171

i have yet to receive the letter but i can log on to the ASW so i assume im in


Did you try the ASW thing ASAP after you got DLS? I'm DLS 1/21 but not getting into ASW, though I'm holding out hope that they just haven't gotten around to putting my info into the ASW thing? Pleasepleaseplease post what your letter says... you'll probably get it today, right?

bellamy
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bellamy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:22 pm

shoop wrote:Has anyone gone from "complete/in review" to "decision letter sent" ridiculously fast? Like, I went under review on 1/18 and got DLS on 1/21. I'm 3.9/170 so I'm assuming it's a big fat ding. FWIW, the admitted students login thinger isn't working for me.

Is it a possible outcome that the letter is waitlist? Or would the status checker actually have the balls to tell me I'd been waitlisted? I dislike this "you know a decision has been made but are at the mercy of USPS to find out what it is" thing.

Based upon my review of LSN etc my guess is you are in. Congrats

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:44 pm

shoop wrote:Has anyone gone from "complete/in review" to "decision letter sent" ridiculously fast? Like, I went under review on 1/18 and got DLS on 1/21. I'm 3.9/170 so I'm assuming it's a big fat ding. FWIW, the admitted students login thinger isn't working for me.

Is it a possible outcome that the letter is waitlist? Or would the status checker actually have the balls to tell me I'd been waitlisted? I dislike this "you know a decision has been made but are at the mercy of USPS to find out what it is" thing.


Back in December, I went from UR 12/17 to DLS 12/22, and it was good news for me, so don't give up hope!

swl56
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:06 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby swl56 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 pm

does mostly everyone who gets accepted have quick UR -> DLS?? i've been stuck UR since 1/5 and am now losing hope quickly...destined for a WL or ding? :(

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13589
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:15 pm

swl56 wrote:does mostly everyone who gets accepted have quick UR -> DLS?? i've been stuck UR since 1/5 and am now losing hope quickly...destined for a WL or ding? :(


There are people that have been UR since early November. You shouldn't worry about anything yet.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bdubs » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Flips88 wrote:
swl56 wrote:does mostly everyone who gets accepted have quick UR -> DLS?? i've been stuck UR since 1/5 and am now losing hope quickly...destined for a WL or ding? :(


There are people that have been UR since early November. You shouldn't worry about anything yet.


Yes, you should worry if you've been UR since early November. From last years data it looks like if you submitted in Oct or November then you should count on a WL/Ding if you haven't gotten a purple envelope by now.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13589
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:19 pm

bdubs wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
swl56 wrote:does mostly everyone who gets accepted have quick UR -> DLS?? i've been stuck UR since 1/5 and am now losing hope quickly...destined for a WL or ding? :(


There are people that have been UR since early November. You shouldn't worry about anything yet.


Yes, you should worry if you've been UR since early November. From last years data it looks like if you submitted in Oct or November then you should count on a WL/Ding if you haven't gotten a purple envelope by now.


I'm UR 1/11, but I'm just saying, I've seen people that have been UR on here for 2+ months. Something that has been UR for 2 weeks shouldn't quite freak out yet.

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby hotthaichick » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm

So I just was updated to DLS 1/21 from UR 1/18. I am really nervous because I am a splitter (173/3.6) and it's probably time for the rejection cycle to begin...but I'll try and stay positive anyways.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby neonx » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Still no luck on admitted students web site, DLS 1/21. Le frown.
Last edited by neonx on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alicen
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby alicen » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:35 pm

neonx wrote:Still no luck on admitted students web site, DLS 1/18. Le frown.


fwiw i was able to get on before (dls 1/18) but am now unable to. got my password sent to me though...so i have no idea. i'm just really hoping someone from our date gets their letter today - they have to all be the same color right? :|

rockspaperjesus
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby rockspaperjesus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm

alicen wrote:
neonx wrote:Still no luck on admitted students web site, DLS 1/18. Le frown.


fwiw i was able to get on before (dls 1/18) but am now unable to. got my password sent to me though...so i have no idea. i'm just really hoping someone from our date gets their letter today - they have to all be the same color right? :|


did you use the new password you created? i forgot i had changed it and couldn't get on again using my birth date but i was being a moron

alicen
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby alicen » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:40 pm

yeah i did...then clicked "forgot password" and they sent me the one i created. but no dice, so not sure what's up. possibly last minute switch from accept to reject lol

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13589
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Flips88 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:41 pm

hotthaichick wrote:So I just was updated to DLS 1/21 from UR 1/18. I am really nervous because I am a splitter (173/3.6) and it's probably time for the rejection cycle to begin...but I'll try and stay positive anyways.

FWIW, my friend got into NYU with those exact numbers last year. Don't want to give you false hope, but it's very possible you're in.

reversejinx
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby reversejinx » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 pm

bdubs wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
swl56 wrote:does mostly everyone who gets accepted have quick UR -> DLS?? i've been stuck UR since 1/5 and am now losing hope quickly...destined for a WL or ding? :(


There are people that have been UR since early November. You shouldn't worry about anything yet.


Yes, you should worry if you've been UR since early November. From last years data it looks like if you submitted in Oct or November then you should count on a WL/Ding if you haven't gotten a purple envelope by now.



Yea I've given up all hope. Can anyone confirm that NYU doesn't change the UR date (i.e. there's only one UR date and the next update is DLS)?

cyxdev17
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:53 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cyxdev17 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:27 pm

bdubs wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
swl56 wrote:does mostly everyone who gets accepted have quick UR -> DLS?? i've been stuck UR since 1/5 and am now losing hope quickly...destined for a WL or ding? :(


There are people that have been UR since early November. You shouldn't worry about anything yet.


Yes, you should worry if you've been UR since early November. From last years data it looks like if you submitted in Oct or November then you should count on a WL/Ding if you haven't gotten a purple envelope by now.


Just checked LSN...yeah it seems like everyone who applied in early-mid November and got accepted heard back by late December at the latest (with one exception, I saw). Very discouraging... UR 11/15.

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby chasgoose » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm

So I know my pain isn't the same as you guys who have had apps in since October, but is NYU usually slow to send a File Complete notice? I sent my application in on 1/7 and it was received on 1/10 and I haven't heard a peep back from them. All of my other applications sent at that time are complete (except Cornell, but that doesn't seem to be atypical). Just getting worried as NYU is one of my top choices...

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby neonx » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:30 pm

chasgoose wrote:So I know my pain isn't the same as you guys who have had apps in since October, but is NYU usually slow to send a File Complete notice? I sent my application in on 1/7 and it was received on 1/10 and I haven't heard a peep back from them. All of my other applications sent at that time are complete (except Cornell, but that doesn't seem to be atypical). Just getting worried as NYU is one of my top choices...


NYU is relatively fast.

shyde32
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shyde32 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:33 pm

neonx wrote:
chasgoose wrote:So I know my pain isn't the same as you guys who have had apps in since October, but is NYU usually slow to send a File Complete notice? I sent my application in on 1/7 and it was received on 1/10 and I haven't heard a peep back from them. All of my other applications sent at that time are complete (except Cornell, but that doesn't seem to be atypical). Just getting worried as NYU is one of my top choices...


NYU is relatively fast.


I'm in the same boat, and getting increasingly worried about it. My app has been processing for almost a month, whereas all my other apps have gone complete and I've already received decisions from several schools. Really hoping they're just so buried in apps that they can't keep up.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests