NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Sentry wrote:Stay strong 10/20.


thanks sentry.. congrats on chicago, btw :mrgreen:

would it be helpful to make a LSAT/GPA spreadsheet of the 10/20's and the 10/22's to see if there's a pattern or do I have raging OCD

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:57 pm

Assessment date speculation lol.

NYker
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby NYker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 am

PURPLE IN BROOKLYN!!!!!! 10/20 UR changed to decision letter sent 12/21. ED

EDIT:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stay strong 10/20ers!!!
Last edited by NYker on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
leopardRAWR
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby leopardRAWR » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:10 am

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
Sentry wrote:Stay strong 10/20.


thanks sentry.. congrats on chicago, btw :mrgreen:

would it be helpful to make a LSAT/GPA spreadsheet of the 10/20's and the 10/22's to see if there's a pattern or do I have raging OCD


I think this would be AWSOME if you are willing to do it!

csoloski
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:54 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby csoloski » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:19 am

So, what's the consensus on UR 12/15 ED?

User avatar
AdamAndSteve
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby AdamAndSteve » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:24 am

csoloski wrote:So, what's the consensus on UR 12/15 ED?


Your guess is as good as anybody's. Maybe I haven't been focusing hard enough, but it seems that the ED decisions have come in all shapes and forms throughout December. What do you think UR 12/21 ED means?

csoloski
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:54 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby csoloski » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:27 am

AdamAndSteve wrote:
csoloski wrote:So, what's the consensus on UR 12/15 ED?


Your guess is as good as anybody's. Maybe I haven't been focusing hard enough, but it seems that the ED decisions have come in all shapes and forms throughout December. What do you think UR 12/21 ED means?


I think it means you have a palindrome on your hands.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:20 am

NYker wrote:PURPLE IN BROOKLYN!!!!!! 10/20 UR changed to decision letter sent 12/21. ED

EDIT:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stay strong 10/20ers!!!



CONGRATS!

As a fellow Brooklyner, maybe with my DL 12/22 date this means I get my letter tomorrow...or probably not...

User avatar
brightheart
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby brightheart » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:29 am

Woke up. Went down to get the mail.

Image


Best Christmas Gift. EVER. :shock:

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:30 am

brightheart wrote:Woke up. Went down to get the mail.

Image


Best Christmas Gift. EVER. :shock:


Grats. Dates/#'s?

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:48 am

NYker wrote:PURPLE IN BROOKLYN!!!!!! 10/20 UR changed to decision letter sent 12/21. ED

EDIT:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stay strong 10/20ers!!!


ahh so happy for you!! what are your #'s??

10/20ers and 10/22ers... I will make a spreadsheet/list of our LSAT/GPAs if you want to PM them to me, we could see what the pattern is. I will keep the names anonymous and just list the numerical data.

User avatar
brightheart
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby brightheart » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:50 am

Knock wrote:
brightheart wrote:Woke up. Went down to get the mail.

Image


Best Christmas Gift. EVER. :shock:


Grats. Dates/#'s?



I have an LSN account. Look me up! :)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:51 am

brightheart wrote:
Knock wrote:
brightheart wrote:Woke up. Went down to get the mail.

Image


Best Christmas Gift. EVER. :shock:


Grats. Dates/#'s?


I have an LSN account. Look me up! :)


You're asking me to do quite a bit of work.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:54 am

brightheart wrote:Woke up. Went down to get the mail.

Image


Best Christmas Gift. EVER. :shock:



Were you RD or ED?

User avatar
brightheart
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby brightheart » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:07 am

daisyduke wrote:
brightheart wrote:Woke up. Went down to get the mail.

Image


Best Christmas Gift. EVER. :shock:



Were you RD or ED?



RD! Sent 11/16, Decision Sent 12/9.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:12 am

brightheart wrote:
daisyduke wrote:
brightheart wrote:Woke up. Went down to get the mail.

Image


Best Christmas Gift. EVER. :shock:



Were you RD or ED?



RD! Sent 11/16, Decision Sent 12/9.


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am not going to get a letter until January...NYU, I work super-close to you, can I just drop by for the letter?

djeter2
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby djeter2 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:20 am

I know this is a dumb question but I want to make sure... only the acceptance letters come in large purple envelopes, correct? (It would seemingly be pretty cruel to send a waitlist or rejection letter in such a flashy envelope).

I ask because I have a decision letter sent status and my mail is being held at the Post Office until 12/29. According to the Post Office, if I call early enough I can ask the courier to check to see if there is a letter from NYU in the pile of held mail.

User avatar
brightheart
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby brightheart » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:24 am

djeter2 wrote:I know this is a dumb question but I want to make sure... only the acceptance letters come in large purple envelopes, correct? (It would seemingly be pretty cruel to send a waitlist or rejection letter in such a flashy envelope).

I ask because I have a decision letter sent status and my mail is being held at the Post Office until 12/29. According to the Post Office, if I call early enough I can ask the courier to check to see if there is a letter from NYU in the pile of held mail.


I heard somewhere among the posts that only the acceptance letters come in purple. You can ask the courier if there is any large purple envelope. Hope you would get the good news!

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cruelestgame » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:36 am

NYker wrote:PURPLE IN BROOKLYN!!!!!! 10/20 UR changed to decision letter sent 12/21. ED

EDIT:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stay strong 10/20ers!!!

congrats that's awesome!!! hopefully this trend continues into just outside of the city tomorrow for another 12/21 :)
Last edited by cruelestgame on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

djeter2
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby djeter2 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:37 am

brightheart wrote:
djeter2 wrote:I know this is a dumb question but I want to make sure... only the acceptance letters come in large purple envelopes, correct? (It would seemingly be pretty cruel to send a waitlist or rejection letter in such a flashy envelope).

I ask because I have a decision letter sent status and my mail is being held at the Post Office until 12/29. According to the Post Office, if I call early enough I can ask the courier to check to see if there is a letter from NYU in the pile of held mail.


I heard somewhere among the posts that only the acceptance letters come in purple. You can ask the courier if there is any large purple envelope. Hope you would get the good news!


Thanks!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Dany » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:42 am

djeter2 wrote:I know this is a dumb question but I want to make sure... only the acceptance letters come in large purple envelopes, correct? (It would seemingly be pretty cruel to send a waitlist or rejection letter in such a flashy envelope).

Someone said earlier ITT that their rejection was in a small white envelope. No way would NYU get someone's hopes up only to find a big fancy purple rejection.

NYker
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby NYker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:48 am

cruelestgame wrote:
NYker wrote:PURPLE IN BROOKLYN!!!!!! 10/20 UR changed to decision letter sent 12/21. ED

EDIT:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stay strong 10/20ers!!!

congrats that's awesome!!! hopefully this trend continues into just outside of the city tomorrow for another 12/21 :)


Thanks. I'm sure it will. Our stats are very close. Good luck to the whole 10/20 crowd and to everyone else. There should def. be more purple envelopes on the way.

csoloski
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:54 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby csoloski » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:12 am

did anyone that is still UR ED get in?

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cruelestgame » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:08 pm

just got a purple letter! awesome! thanks veryone for the help/support and good luck to everyone remaining!

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:10 pm

cruelestgame wrote:just got a purple letter! awesome! thanks veryone for the help/support and good luck to everyone remaining!


CONGRATS! Dates?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”