NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:I'm still at UR 11/10. Borderline numbers. Given some of the numbers I've seen in the profiles of those who just went Decision Sent, I bet it's good news. (Because I'm assuming that if it were bad news I would have switched as well, although this obviously could be totally wrong.)


Agreed/same boat. Who knows though -- maybe we'll get non-status-change-acceptance letters? I won't say no to a SHINY PURPLE ENVELOPE FOR CHRISTMAS.


I love you for even suggesting that this might be possible. This would a freaking amazing thing to receive on Christmas Eve.

But, I live in Brooklyn, so I probably wouldn't get it till mid-January :)

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Dany » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:56 pm

kkklick wrote:I hate how NYU averages lsat's, looks like no new york for me.

There have been several retakers accepted this cycle that probably would not have been if NYU used the average.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:I'm still at UR 11/10. Borderline numbers. Given some of the numbers I've seen in the profiles of those who just went Decision Sent, I bet it's good news. (Because I'm assuming that if it were bad news I would have switched as well, although this obviously could be totally wrong.)


lol I would definitely have no problem being in a group with them! if only..

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Knock » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:I'm still at UR 11/10. Borderline numbers. Given some of the numbers I've seen in the profiles of those who just went Decision Sent, I bet it's good news. (Because I'm assuming that if it were bad news I would have switched as well, although this obviously could be totally wrong.)


Still UR 11/10 as well.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cruelestgame » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:18 pm

mail just came...nothing yet. hopefully tomorrow :)

User avatar
OrdinarilySkilled
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:22 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 pm

eskimo wrote:
kkklick wrote:I hate how NYU averages lsat's, looks like no new york for me.

There have been several retakers accepted this cycle that probably would not have been if NYU used the average.

While this is true, I suspect retakes are the reason I appear to be doomed to the WL while several people with my numbers or worse have been accepted.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:I'm still at UR 11/10. Borderline numbers. Given some of the numbers I've seen in the profiles of those who just went Decision Sent, I bet it's good news. (Because I'm assuming that if it were bad news I would have switched as well, although this obviously could be totally wrong.)


Agreed/same boat. Who knows though -- maybe we'll get non-status-change-acceptance letters? I won't say no to a SHINY PURPLE ENVELOPE FOR CHRISTMAS.


I love you for even suggesting that this might be possible. This would a freaking amazing thing to receive on Christmas Eve.

But, I live in Brooklyn, so I probably wouldn't get it till mid-January :)


Well, it does take the mailboats awhile to get across the Gowanus Canal. All the dead bodies slow them down.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby arism87 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:29 pm

I don't think we know when ASWs are do we? Any ideas when we might find out?

vicuna
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby vicuna » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 pm

cruelestgame wrote:mail just came...nothing yet. hopefully tomorrow :)


Looks like my letter won't make it to the South until after Christmas. Oh well.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Knock wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:I'm still at UR 11/10. Borderline numbers. Given some of the numbers I've seen in the profiles of those who just went Decision Sent, I bet it's good news. (Because I'm assuming that if it were bad news I would have switched as well, although this obviously could be totally wrong.)


Still UR 11/10 as well.


+1

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:50 pm

thereelshaq wrote:Ack!

Just went 10/29---> 12/22/2010...

Pretty sure I'm an auto-WL/reject though...


you mean you were UR 10/29 and just changed today?? This gives us some hope that they are maybe now making their way through some of us stuck from Oct/Nov! Woo! Are you RD? Mind PM'ing #s?

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:00 pm

thereelshaq wrote:Ack!

Just went 10/29---> 12/22/2010...

Pretty sure I'm an auto-WL/reject though...


Did you go UR 12/22? or Decision Letter Sent?

thereelshaq
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:25 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thereelshaq » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 pm

daisyduke wrote:
thereelshaq wrote:Ack!

Just went 10/29---> 12/22/2010...

Pretty sure I'm an auto-WL/reject though...


Did you go UR 12/22? or Decision Letter Sent?



12/22; did not go decision letter sent.
3.8~ 168.

in RD

User avatar
DukeCornell
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby DukeCornell » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Hey yall, does anyone have pictures of the NYU law school?

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:16 pm

My roommate just told me saw my NYU letter in the mail back on campus and it was blue or purple or something (his words).

UR 11/29 and Decision sent 12/17. I'm in right? :D

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:My roommate just told me saw my NYU letter in the mail back on campus and it was blue or purple or something (his words).

UR 11/29 and Decision sent 12/17. I'm in right? :D


Yup. Rejection/waitlist letters aren't purple.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:40 pm

DukeCornell wrote:Hey yall, does anyone have pictures of the NYU law school?


There are some in here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120572&start=275

Not inside, but I didn't want to be a huge megacreeper.

Buffalo Bill
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Buffalo Bill » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Have their been any other deferrals? I saw two recently who had 12/15 UR updates and then got letters(postmarked 12/18) with no status update to letter sent. I am in the 12/15 boat and know my letter was sent(called admissions to change my address) but no "letter sent update." I am just wondering if there were others that were deferred?

User avatar
DukeCornell
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby DukeCornell » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:54 pm

dulcatis wrote:
DukeCornell wrote:Hey yall, does anyone have pictures of the NYU law school?


There are some in here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120572&start=275

Not inside, but I didn't want to be a huge megacreeper.


Thanks dude!

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:56 pm

dulcatis wrote:
DukeCornell wrote:Hey yall, does anyone have pictures of the NYU law school?


There are some in here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120572&start=275

Not inside, but I didn't want to be a huge megacreeper.


I think that this is the most I have ever seen of Kimmel -- definitely forgot the view was so good!

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:49 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby X_Soda » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Any ED cats receive rejections yet? I received a deferral letter today, and my numbers were ridiculously low caliber for NYU (3.35/170). I'm trying to find out if this deferral means that my (somewhat unique) application package actually gave me the otherwise unlikely opportunity of being reconsidered, or if all EDers with low numbers are just receiving Christmas deferrals only to be rejected in January.

vicuna
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby vicuna » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:05 pm

X_Soda wrote:Any ED cats receive rejections yet? I received a deferral letter today, and my numbers were ridiculously low caliber for NYU (3.35/170). I'm trying to find out if this deferral means that my (somewhat unique) application package actually gave me the otherwise unlikely opportunity of being reconsidered, or if all EDers with low numbers are just receiving Christmas deferrals only to be rejected in January.


Yes, there have been ED rejections. Did your status change to "decision letter sent"?

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 pm

eskimo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Goodness this thread is already at 130+ pages?

Just submitted my NYU app. 168/4.0. Not expecting much but a boy can dream.

NYC SPRING BREAK '11 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


Heck yes!! Hopefully I'll know by then, because looking through LSN it seems like I'll hear back in either January or April. :(

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby X_Soda » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:55 pm

vicuna wrote:
X_Soda wrote:Any ED cats receive rejections yet? I received a deferral letter today, and my numbers were ridiculously low caliber for NYU (3.35/170). I'm trying to find out if this deferral means that my (somewhat unique) application package actually gave me the otherwise unlikely opportunity of being reconsidered, or if all EDers with low numbers are just receiving Christmas deferrals only to be rejected in January.


Yes, there have been ED rejections. Did your status change to "decision letter sent"?


No, it is still remains at UR 12/15. Wow, I'm absolutely amazed that I have survived a rejection...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, caitlinrw, cathy95, mav1993, mike90018, myronbolitar, nathjf, potterotter, sonyco and 17 guests