NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tipler4213

Re: NYU 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:05 pm

tls1000 wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
tls1000 wrote:I think the rest of the ED decisions are being sent out today or tomorrow - I called the office to ask to switch my address for my home address and without asking my name the guy said that he thought I was too late, and then told me that my letter was on the way out either today or tomorrow

Does your status checker say decision sent?

Nope, my status still says under review. and for what it's worth, i've already heard that I was admitted - they contacted my dad since he is an alum. my numbers are 170/3.74

What date is your status?

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:15 pm

cruelestgame wrote:it's gonna change soon. they said ed would be notified by christmas so i'm assuming even rd's with that date have to change soon

hate to be the debbie downer but don't necessarily think this is true for RD...rejections and waitlists don't start coming out until January at the very earliest and most not until Feb or later. It's possible we could stay UR for a while...but this is all based on last year...things could be diff this year!

tls1000

Postby tls1000 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:07 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
tls1000 wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
tls1000 wrote:I think the rest of the ED decisions are being sent out today or tomorrow - I called the office to ask to switch my address for my home address and without asking my name the guy said that he thought I was too late, and then told me that my letter was on the way out either today or tomorrow

Does your status checker say decision sent?

Nope, my status still says under review. and for what it's worth, i've already heard that I was admitted - they contacted my dad since he is an alum. my numbers are 170/3.74

What date is your status?

I'm still at UR 11/16. So unless they're playing a cruel joke on me and I'm not actually in, I wouldn't necessarily say that still being under review means that a waitlist/deferral is coming

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:28 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
cruelestgame wrote:it's gonna change soon. they said ed would be notified by christmas so i'm assuming even rd's with that date have to change soon

hate to be the debbie downer but don't necessarily think this is true for RD...rejections and waitlists don't start coming out until January at the very earliest and most not until Feb or later. It's possible we could stay UR for a while...but this is all based on last year...things could be diff this year!

Just to clarify - every single NYU WL decision on LSN last year came in April (for RD applicants). If you applied in October or November, out of the 148 admits on LSN, only 9 did not hear back in December (and most of those were very, very late November applicants). Rejections were scattered and didn't appear to follow a pattern (they came in January, February, and March and didn't really follow any pattern of submit date.)

I don't mean for this to be bad news either, but I always think it's better to know than to be in the dark.

The data for this is from LSN, but organized a little differently by Miss Dulcatis: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... -r8L#gid=0

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:51 am

eskimo wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:

Just to clarify - every single NYU WL decision on LSN last year came in April (for RD applicants). If you applied in October or November, out of the 148 admits on LSN, only 9 did not hear back in December (and most of those were very, very late November applicants). Rejections were scattered and didn't appear to follow a pattern (they came in January, February, and March and didn't really follow any pattern of submit date.)

I don't mean for this to be bad news either, but I always think it's better to know than to be in the dark.

The data for this is from LSN, but organized a little differently by Miss Dulcatis: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... -r8L#gid=0

thanks eski!

yeah I had posted this sad sad sad news like last week or so....but it does seem like nyu is either running behind schedule or following a different one this year. since last year their second wave of RD decisions that included some more borderline applicants came out the equivalent of this past monday and we haven't seen that wave yet.

hopefully....precedent cat can come to the rescue.

dissonance1848

Postby dissonance1848 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:30 am

Someone on the last page mentioned the probability of getting off the waitlist. Last year, no one got off, since the school over-accepted applicants. The year before they under-accepted. Its a crapshoot, so if you are WL, assume you won't get in.

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:39 am

eskimo wrote:If you applied in October or November, out of the 148 admits on LSN, only 9 did not hear back in December (and most of those were very, very late November applicants).

Jeez... for a while I was trying to convince myself that the inaction on my app had something to do with consideration for a scholarship, but it's looking more and more like I'll be stopping by the Ding Bar (do WLs count?) in a few weeks

dissonance1848

Postby dissonance1848 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 am

4.0/172? WTF, you are in man, chill.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:47 am

dbrddr wrote:
eskimo wrote:If you applied in October or November, out of the 148 admits on LSN, only 9 did not hear back in December (and most of those were very, very late November applicants).

Jeez... for a while I was trying to convince myself that the inaction on my app had something to do with consideration for a scholarship, but it's looking more and more like I'll be stopping by the Ding Bar (do WLs count?) in a few weeks

I mean, there were 9 who didn't follow the December decision pattern, so you could be the exception - you could look through and see if those anomalies ended up receiving substantial scholarships from NYU? I just looked at the dates, not any of the profiles. In any case, with how your cycle's gone so far, it's definitely weird (especially because NYU doesn't YP, judging by their LSN graphs.)

Spykuh

Postby Spykuh » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:55 am

are there people who submitted end of november who are still processing? I'm stuck at 11/25 processing and I'm starting to get worried :/

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:57 am

eskimo wrote:
dbrddr wrote:

I mean, there were 9 who didn't follow the December decision pattern, so you could be the exception - you could look through and see if those anomalies ended up receiving substantial scholarships from NYU? I just looked at the dates, not any of the profiles. In any case, with how your cycle's gone so far, it's definitely weird (especially because NYU doesn't YP, judging by their LSN graphs.)

Please stop reassuring the person who is accepted to Yale AND Harvard. That is all.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:01 am

dabbadon8 wrote:Please stop reassuring the person who is accepted to Yale AND Harvard. That is all.

I don't know anything about him, and neither do you, but maybe he's debt-averse and would take a scholarship to NYU. Not unheard of. Further, telling him to check the data for himself and saying it's "weird" isn't exactly the most reassuring post in the world.

:|

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:10 am

eskimo wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:

For the record, I think this year the admits will stretch in to January much more than they did last year... solely based on the number of people who have heard back thus far...

Postby 4102011 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:11 am

eskimo wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:Please stop reassuring the person who is accepted to Yale AND Harvard. That is all.

I don't know anything about him, and neither do you, but maybe he's debt-averse and would take a scholarship to NYU. Not unheard of. Further, telling him to check the data for himself and saying it's "weird" isn't exactly the most reassuring post in the world.

+1

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:24 am

dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:

+1

The point is they have great options on the table with more surely to follow. If the they are debt adverse that hardly makes them less fortunate to have such great options, options that the majority of TLS will not have. Secondly no need to be so defensive.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 am

--ImageRemoved--

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:43 am

eskimo wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Its kind of like saying the golden ticket makes the chocolate taste awful.... No one wants to hear it lol.

intheend

Postby intheend » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:23 am

All you purple envelopers, is there an NYU admitted students' site which I can compulsively check like Mich? My letter went out 12/17, but I won't actually see it for another month till I get back to campus. THANK YOU!

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:13 am

Fo like the bergillionth time, I may not be able to go because of the SO's grad-school application situation. If it turns out that Y and H aren't even options for me, then yes, it would be pretty sweet to have numerous other options so the soon-to-be newlyweds don't have to live apart for 3 years.

*no one gets me*

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:16 am

dbrddr wrote:Fo like the bergillionth time, I may not be able to go because of the SO's grad-school application situation. If it turns out that Y and H aren't even options for me, then yes, it would be pretty sweet to have numerous other options so the soon-to-be newlyweds don't have to live apart for 3 years.

*no one gets me*

This is why I can never have a boyfriend. If I got into Yale, I'd never look back, lol

dissonance1848

Postby dissonance1848 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:19 am

Sorry, but going to Yale is worth a ton, let alone the price of being apart from one's SO for three years. Marriage is for life, right? So, front load the sacrifice, go to Yale (unless CLS gives you a freeride or damn near it, in which case its a tougher decision), and then profit for the rest of your life. It cannot be an issue of whether you attend or not (save for the CLS fullride).

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:45 am

artichoke wrote:
eskimo wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:

For the record, I think this year the admits will stretch in to January much more than they did last year... solely based on the number of people who have heard back thus far...

god, I hope you're right Artichoke!! Way to be positive - I needed that! Does it really seem to you that there have been fewer acceptances thus far? I do know that when I checked LSN it seemed like all the admits were pretty much auto admits, and I know they have to accept SOME non auto admits!

I wonder when the # of Dec LSAT takers will come out. I know btwn June and Oct the # is down by about 9 percent from last yr...wish we could find out the # of apps as well!!!

Shloime

Postby Shloime » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:51 am

Hey, anyone else UR 12/12? It's my second or third UR update. Curious who else I'm lumped with, because I haven't noticed anyone else mention 12/12.

ilovemulch

Postby ilovemulch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

I'd just like to note that this year we are already up to 127 pages by mid december..last year there were 167 in NYU thread at the end of April!!! Any guesses on how many this will reach by end of April? I'm guessing 225....

(think the advent of status checkers probably has something to do with it)

Shloime - ED/RD? Havent heard of anyone having multiple UR dates or 12/12 - has anyone else?

Shloime

Postby Shloime » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:08 pm

ilovemulch wrote:I'd just like to note that this year we are already up to 127 pages by mid december..last year there were 167 in NYU thread at the end of April!!! Any guesses on how many this will reach by end of April? I'm guessing 225....

(think the advent of status checkers probably has something to do with it)

Shloime - ED/RD? Havent heard of anyone having multiple UR dates or 12/12 - has anyone else?

RD. And, yeah, I haven't heard anyone mention multiple UR dates either :? For the record, I think I'm a borderline applicant.

Btw, how does veryone keep track of multiple UR dates with other schools? Is everyone besides for me keeping spreadsheets, or is there some kind of way to see that info?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”