NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18418
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bk1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:22 pm

NYU and every other school that doesn't email you should really enter the 20th century.

ClayDavis
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ClayDavis » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:25 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
r6_philly wrote:How long did you guys stay processing? I have been almost a month.


exactly two months. (though since my last LOR arrived, just over a month)

Did people who got accepted have their UR dates update at all?

who is your avatar

tls1000
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:13 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby tls1000 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:30 pm

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
tls1000 wrote:I think the rest of the ED decisions are being sent out today or tomorrow - I called the office to ask to switch my address for my home address and without asking my name the guy said that he thought I was too late, and then told me that my letter was on the way out either today or tomorrow


Does your status checker say decision sent?



Nope, my status still says under review. and for what it's worth, i've already heard that I was admitted - they contacted my dad since he is an alum. my numbers are 170/3.74

intheend
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby intheend » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:43 pm

UR since 12/10, decision posted 12/17!

And I won't get it till January 18th when I return to campus! ARGGHH

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:44 pm

intheend wrote:UR since 12/10, decision posted 12/17!

And I won't get it till January 18th when I return to campus! ARGGHH



Based on experience, it may take that long for it to arrive anyway. :lol:

User avatar
OrdinarilySkilled
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:22 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Looks like the next batch is today, but no update for me :( . On the 12/3, did they all update at once or throughout the day?

User avatar
bananaboat29
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bananaboat29 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:49 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:Looks like the next batch is today, but no update for me :( . On the 12/3, did they all update at once or throughout the day?

+1 would love to know the answer to this.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:49 pm

OrdinarilySkilled wrote:Looks like the next batch is today, but no update for me :( . On the 12/3, did they all update at once or throughout the day?



IIRC they updated in waves or throughout the day. Not sure which, but I know people updated later than others.

Edit: Ooh how fun, there's a precedent now!

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Do they generally email you when you when you switch from processing to complete?

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:53 pm

jd2014! wrote:
OrdinarilySkilled wrote:Looks like the next batch is today, but no update for me :( . On the 12/3, did they all update at once or throughout the day?



IIRC they updated in waves or throughout the day. Not sure which, but I know people updated later than others.

Edit: Ooh how fun, there's a precedent now!


Your avatar is officially irrelevant. =P

nymario
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby nymario » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:18 pm

I just called to change my address, (moving over the holidays) but they said my letter is already out. However, my status remains at 12/15 UR -- (I was ED).

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:20 pm

RJ127 wrote:Do they generally email you when you when you switch from processing to complete?


Nope

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:29 pm

nextplay43 wrote:12/17 decision letter sent (RD)...I was one of the 10/20 UR people. Should I take this as a likely acceptance? I won't be able to check my mail until almost February as I'm leaving today for winter break. Any thoughts are appreciated.


yay 10/20 club movement! good luck :)

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Decision Letter sent 12/17. Too bad I'm flying out on Tuesday and won't be back until January.

nyckid
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby nyckid » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I went under review today, although my status checker says the date is 12/20/2010 (no idea what's going on there). Applied/received mid November. Anyone have any idea how long it should be from here?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:19 pm

nyckid wrote:I went under review today, although my status checker says the date is 12/20/2010 (no idea what's going on there). Applied/received mid November. Anyone have any idea how long it should be from here?



Oooh! Now NYU is time travelling into the futuuure! They've travelled back in time before, but this is a new trick. very badass, NYU.

lmi
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lmi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:28 pm

jd2014! wrote:
nyckid wrote:I went under review today, although my status checker says the date is 12/20/2010 (no idea what's going on there). Applied/received mid November. Anyone have any idea how long it should be from here?



Oooh! Now NYU is time travelling into the futuuure! They've travelled back in time before, but this is a new trick. very badass, NYU.


This happened to me too...it changed to Application Under Review on the 13th, but the date said 12/14/10. Maybe that's just a calm down...we'll get to it soon change.

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Has anyone gotten an acceptance letter, but their UR date never changed to Decision Letter Sent? One can hope....haha

mueh
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:53 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mueh » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:00 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Has anyone gotten an acceptance letter, but their UR date never changed to Decision Letter Sent? One can hope....haha


I was wondering this as well!
UR since 10/22... it's been a long wait. hope it ends soon!

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18418
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bk1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:02 pm

mueh wrote:
TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:Has anyone gotten an acceptance letter, but their UR date never changed to Decision Letter Sent? One can hope....haha


I was wondering this as well!
UR since 10/22... it's been a long wait. hope it ends soon!


I'm ED, but my UR was 10/22 and my decision sent was 12/15.

User avatar
NYC_7911
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby NYC_7911 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Unrelated, but since this is my favorite forum: Have there always been ads at the top of the screen on TLS forums?? I swear they just appeared...am I nuts?

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!!

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Sentry » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Still 10/20 :evil: :evil: :evil:

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 pm

ClayDavis wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
r6_philly wrote:How long did you guys stay processing? I have been almost a month.


exactly two months. (though since my last LOR arrived, just over a month)

Did people who got accepted have their UR dates update at all?

who is your avatar


mine is Whitney Port from MTV's The Hills and The City, haha. I've been told I look like her/remind ppl of her lol.

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:31 pm

has anyone received a letter and NOT had their status update beforehand to "decision letter sent"? I am hanging onto anything possible to retain a string of hope :/

UR 11/24 and sooooo nervous! REally kind of regretting not ED'ing to NYU.

Sidenote, does NYU rank their waitlist?

User avatar
hemm
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby hemm » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:19 am

Still no letter abroad. Getting anxious (well, even more anxious than I have been since starting the cycle)!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”