NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dissonance1848
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby dissonance1848 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

I still haven't gotten anyting. Guess I am auto-ding or Hold -> reject. :( :(

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:24 pm

dissonance1848 wrote:I still haven't gotten anyting. Guess I am auto-ding or Hold -> reject. :( :(


What are your dates?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Anyone have a guess on when 12/9 Decision Letters will reach applicants? I realize nobody really has a good idea, especially given what happened with 12/3 and 12/6.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mst » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:29 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Anyone have a guess on when 12/9 Decision Letters will reach applicants? I realize nobody really has a good idea, especially given what happened with 12/3 and 12/6.


Earliest will probably be late next week. Assuming they don't get to the USPS until monday or tuesday at the earliest...

dissonance1848
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby dissonance1848 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:33 pm

I was under review by 10/31 and it has been updated, but nothing saying decision made or letter sent. i am ED.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:42 pm

mst wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Anyone have a guess on when 12/9 Decision Letters will reach applicants? I realize nobody really has a good idea, especially given what happened with 12/3 and 12/6.


Earliest will probably be late next week. Assuming they don't get to the USPS until monday or tuesday at the earliest...

That is 1) exactly what I was thinking, and 2) exactly what I was afraid of. I am planning on heading home for Christmas Friday or Saturday, but I really don't want to go home without a purple envelope. Decisions, decisions... :?

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:43 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
mst wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Anyone have a guess on when 12/9 Decision Letters will reach applicants? I realize nobody really has a good idea, especially given what happened with 12/3 and 12/6.


Earliest will probably be late next week. Assuming they don't get to the USPS until monday or tuesday at the earliest...

That is 1) exactly what I was thinking, and 2) exactly what I was afraid of. I am planning on heading home for Christmas Friday or Saturday, but I really don't want to go home without a purple envelope. Decisions, decisions... :?


Forward your mail home for the break

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:46 pm

daisyduke wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
mst wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Anyone have a guess on when 12/9 Decision Letters will reach applicants? I realize nobody really has a good idea, especially given what happened with 12/3 and 12/6.


Earliest will probably be late next week. Assuming they don't get to the USPS until monday or tuesday at the earliest...

That is 1) exactly what I was thinking, and 2) exactly what I was afraid of. I am planning on heading home for Christmas Friday or Saturday, but I really don't want to go home without a purple envelope. Decisions, decisions... :?


Forward your mail home for the break

Tried. USPS said it likely would not go into effect until January. Which really makes it not worthwhile. School and home are only 100 miles apart, so I may just wait until I know it's there and drive back to get it. Oh well, of all the problems to have, I'm glad I have this one.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:51 pm

dissonance1848 wrote:I still haven't gotten anyting. Guess I am auto-ding or Hold -> reject. :( :(


I don't think that's necessarily true
But then I'm biased as my status hasn't changed yet either... It's been a month, but I just don't think that's too long to possibly get in...

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:53 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
dissonance1848 wrote:I still haven't gotten anyting. Guess I am auto-ding or Hold -> reject. :( :(


I don't think that's necessarily true
But then I'm biased as my status hasn't changed yet either... It's been a month, but I just don't think that's too long to possibly get in...

Plus we all know you're getting in... :wink:

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:54 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Tried. USPS said it likely would not go into effect until January. Which really makes it not worthwhile. School and home are only 100 miles apart, so I may just wait until I know it's there and drive back to get it. Oh well, of all the problems to have, I'm glad I have this one.


If you go to this website: http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforrecei ... elcome.htm, you can select the dates

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:56 pm

daisyduke wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Tried. USPS said it likely would not go into effect until January. Which really makes it not worthwhile. School and home are only 100 miles apart, so I may just wait until I know it's there and drive back to get it. Oh well, of all the problems to have, I'm glad I have this one.


If you go to this website: http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforrecei ... elcome.htm, you can select the dates

Yeah, but the lady at USPS said that when I selected Dec. 16 or whatever I selected, that it would probably not go into effect until two weeks after the date I told it to start. It doesn't make sense, but that's what she said would happen.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:03 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
daisyduke wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Tried. USPS said it likely would not go into effect until January. Which really makes it not worthwhile. School and home are only 100 miles apart, so I may just wait until I know it's there and drive back to get it. Oh well, of all the problems to have, I'm glad I have this one.


If you go to this website: http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforrecei ... elcome.htm, you can select the dates

Yeah, but the lady at USPS said that when I selected Dec. 16 or whatever I selected, that it would probably not go into effect until two weeks after the date I told it to start. It doesn't make sense, but that's what she said would happen.


I'm gonna be pissed if this happens, because I signed up for that thing like a month ago. I don't want to come back to school and have my mail being forwarded to my parents house for another 2 weeks.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:04 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
daisyduke wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Tried. USPS said it likely would not go into effect until January. Which really makes it not worthwhile. School and home are only 100 miles apart, so I may just wait until I know it's there and drive back to get it. Oh well, of all the problems to have, I'm glad I have this one.


If you go to this website: http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforrecei ... elcome.htm, you can select the dates

Yeah, but the lady at USPS said that when I selected Dec. 16 or whatever I selected, that it would probably not go into effect until two weeks after the date I told it to start. It doesn't make sense, but that's what she said would happen.


I'm gonna be pissed if this happens, because I signed up for that thing like a month ago. I don't want to come back to school and have my mail being forwarded to my parents house for another 2 weeks.


+1

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:08 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
daisyduke wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Tried. USPS said it likely would not go into effect until January. Which really makes it not worthwhile. School and home are only 100 miles apart, so I may just wait until I know it's there and drive back to get it. Oh well, of all the problems to have, I'm glad I have this one.


If you go to this website: http://www.usps.com/all/optionsforrecei ... elcome.htm, you can select the dates

Yeah, but the lady at USPS said that when I selected Dec. 16 or whatever I selected, that it would probably not go into effect until two weeks after the date I told it to start. It doesn't make sense, but that's what she said would happen.


I'm gonna be pissed if this happens, because I signed up for that thing like a month ago. I don't want to come back to school and have my mail being forwarded to my parents house for another 2 weeks.


I'm too scared to mess with my mail, because I barely get half of it at school to begin with. Living in the city means anything that looks remotely valuable gets snatched before it reaches my apartment :?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Hopefully it is just my local post office then. I can attest to them being absolutely awful. I think I may be the only 12/6 acceptance from Georgetown who hasn't received the letter yet. I mean, it definitely shouldn't take that long (or really any time at all). Maybe the lady was just having a bad day or something...

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:16 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Hopefully it is just my local post office then. I can attest to them being absolutely awful. I think I may be the only 12/6 acceptance from Georgetown who hasn't received the letter yet. I mean, it definitely shouldn't take that long (or really any time at all). Maybe the lady was just having a bad day or something...

As someone who has done temporary and permanent change of addresses on many different occasions, I can tell you that it is the most unreliable thing ever. And it takes weeks to take effect.
Last edited by shanemahsa on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:18 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Hopefully it is just my local post office then. I can attest to them being absolutely awful. I think I may be the only 12/6 acceptance from Georgetown who hasn't received the letter yet. I mean, it definitely shouldn't take that long (or really any time at all). Maybe the lady was just having a bad day or something...

As someone who has done temporary and permanent change off addresses on many different occasions, I can tell you that it is the most unreliable thing ever. And it takes weeks to take effect.

Thank you for confirming my fears. This makes me glad I decided to not forward my mail. Plus, I have roommates who could potentially send me something if need be.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Ugh I really hope the mail is back to being normal by the time Columbia starts sending out mail. That gives them like 2 weeks from the end of the forwarding time to get their shit together.

GRRRRR.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Ugh I really hope the mail is back to being normal by the time Columbia starts sending out mail. That gives them like 2 weeks from the end of the forwarding time to get their shit together.

GRRRRR.

At least you're confident about hearing from Columbia early on. I doubt I'll hear until mid-February or so... :(

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby daisyduke » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Does Columbia only do mail or will we know any other way that it is coming? Otherwise, I think I may have to unforward my mail to be safe. I hate this :(

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby shanemahsa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:41 pm

I just got out of helping someone with their resume by telling them I only know how to do law school resumes. I can't believe that worked!!

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 pm

daisyduke wrote:Does Columbia only do mail or will we know any other way that it is coming? Otherwise, I think I may have to unforward my mail to be safe. I hate this :(

I think they only do email for ED applicants. Meaning, yes, I think they only do snail mail.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:12 pm

My extensive LSN stalking revealed that they just do mail for RD acceptances, it seems. :(

But if they stick with last year's pattern, we can probably expect to see those delightful vomit-colored envelopes appearing around 1/24.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137012

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby obrienfa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:45 pm

shanemahsa wrote:I just got out of helping someone with their resume by telling them I only know how to do law school resumes. I can't believe that worked!!


Ahahaha.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], nathjf and 4 guests