NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby artichoke » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 pm

chaosnoodlesoup wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
chaosnoodlesoup wrote:
Sure, but we collectively draw arbitrary lines through everything else. One more subject shouldn't be excluded from our wisdom simply because we have no readily available anecdotes.

Come now, pick one.

Ok, no correlation.


Good, now we're getting somewhere.

Any comments from the rest of you?


I think you're both a little too snarky for your own good. In terms of the quick turnaround time, I would be willing to guess that it is (at least) not a good sign, if your profile accurately lists your stats.

User avatar
chaosnoodlesoup
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:07 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby chaosnoodlesoup » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm

artichoke wrote:
chaosnoodlesoup wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
chaosnoodlesoup wrote:
Sure, but we collectively draw arbitrary lines through everything else. One more subject shouldn't be excluded from our wisdom simply because we have no readily available anecdotes.

Come now, pick one.

Ok, no correlation.


Good, now we're getting somewhere.

Any comments from the rest of you?


I think you're both a little too snarky for your own good. In terms of the quick turnaround time, I would be willing to guess that it is (at least) not a good sign, if your profile accurately lists your stats.


Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just antsy--sorry CastleRock.

In addition to the profile stats, I'm a multi-racial URM. That might change things, but it might not.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm

chaosnoodlesoup wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
chaosnoodlesoup wrote:Sure, but we collectively draw arbitrary lines through everything else. One more subject shouldn't be excluded from our wisdom simply because we have no readily available anecdotes.

Come now, pick one.

Ok, no correlation.


Good, now we're getting somewhere.

Any comments from the rest of you?


I pick correlation - then again, I is UR.

User avatar
leopardRAWR
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby leopardRAWR » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:29 pm

I don't think being under review this quick necessarily means anything. I'd be great if it meant admit but I doubt it. I'm under review with a 170/3.7x (so over 25% LSAT and over median GPA) which is probably closer to deny than admit. Maybe I'll get lucky and their focus is on raising their 25% LSAT and GPA median? Probably not but I can dream!

vicuna
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby vicuna » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:I don't think being under review this quick necessarily means anything. I'd be great if it meant admit but I doubt it. I'm under review with a 170/3.7x (so over 25% LSAT and over median GPA) which is probably closer to deny than admit. Maybe I'll get lucky and their focus is on raising their 25% LSAT and GPA median? Probably not but I can dream!


We're numbers twins and I'm not under review. And I'm ED.

Edit: So perhaps under review indeed means nothing? Or maybe I just want it to?

SnailChaser
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby SnailChaser » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Submitted on 11/1. 175/3.8x and I'm not UR.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 pm

SnailChaser wrote:Submitted on 11/1. 175/3.8x and I'm not UR.

You will be soon.

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby CapHillLove » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:47 pm

.
Last edited by CapHillLove on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby artichoke » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:48 pm

thecilent wrote:
SnailChaser wrote:Submitted on 11/1. 175/3.8x and I'm not UR.

You will be soon.


As will everyone.

User avatar
leopardRAWR
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby leopardRAWR » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:49 pm

vicuna wrote:
leopardRAWR wrote:I don't think being under review this quick necessarily means anything. I'd be great if it meant admit but I doubt it. I'm under review with a 170/3.7x (so over 25% LSAT and over median GPA) which is probably closer to deny than admit. Maybe I'll get lucky and their focus is on raising their 25% LSAT and GPA median? Probably not but I can dream!


We're numbers twins and I'm not under review. And I'm ED.

Edit: So perhaps under review indeed means nothing? Or maybe I just want it to?


The difference may be that you're ED and I'm RD. Or perhaps they're putting people under review completely at random. Either way, here's to hoping everywhere magically decides ours are the most desirable combination of numbers this cycle :D lol

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:11 am

.
Last edited by ilovemulch on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby vegenator » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:44 am

Submitted mid September, processing since 10/4 :( 169 / 3.83 and I have all my stuff in.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby artichoke » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 am

ilovemulch wrote:I'm 171(1 time LSAT)/3.67 submitted 9/24.

I'm also concerned because I know they added a note to my file (per my request) to hold my app. until they received the 3rd LOR (which got sent by LSAC 10/18) so I'm worried that put some sort of delay on my file...anyone have a similar experience as this? Think they'll get annoyed if I call?

Also, they mentioned that the note would be added but wouldn't guarantee they'd actually wait for the 3rd LOR, something to the effect they can't honor all requests because of sheer volume of applications...but it seems like it is still being held up? I'm not UR clearly, haha.


So, your username is going to be quite confusing to those who didn't take the June LSAT. In about a year from now it will be confusing to pretty much everyone.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby incompetentia » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:59 am

Confusing usernames do not inherently imply anything.


There should be no correlation between quick processing and slow processing. How can they base things on your numbers if they don't even know your numbers yet?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby jd2014! » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 am

ilovemulch wrote:I'm 171(1 time LSAT)/3.67 submitted 9/24.

I'm also concerned because I know they added a note to my file (per my request) to hold my app. until they received the 3rd LOR (which got sent by LSAC 10/18) so I'm worried that put some sort of delay on my file...anyone have a similar experience as this? Think they'll get annoyed if I call?

Also, they mentioned that the note would be added but wouldn't guarantee they'd actually wait for the 3rd LOR, something to the effect they can't honor all requests because of sheer volume of applications...but it seems like it is still being held up? I'm not UR clearly, haha.


If you are worried about delaying your file, why would you ask them to put a hold on it? Hold=delay. They might not get annoyed if you call, but it might seem like a silly question, since you were the one who requested the hold in the first place. And once they receive the LOR, it takes time to process and go complete/UR, because of the aforementioned volume of apps.

Out of Order
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby Out of Order » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:03 am

I'm going to go with no correlation: 179/4.0, submitted on Oct. 31, still being processed.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby kazu » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:28 am

Out of Order wrote:I'm going to go with no correlation: 179/4.0, submitted on Oct. 31, still being processed.

October 31 isn't late enough to be worried. I think the people who are worried are the ones who've submitted at least more than a month ago.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thecilent » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:31 am

incompetentia wrote:there should be no correlation between quick processing and slow processing. How can they base things on your numbers if they don't even know your numbers yet?


Index numbers.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby vegenator » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 am

kazu wrote:
Out of Order wrote:I'm going to go with no correlation: 179/4.0, submitted on Oct. 31, still being processed.

October 31 isn't late enough to be worried. I think the people who are worried are the ones who've submitted at least more than a month ago.


+1 like 7 weeks ago to be exact... :(

ellewoods2
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ellewoods2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:58 am

I wouldn't worry about a correlation (although I hope there is) because I've been under review since 10/20 and I'm HARDLY an auto-admit. I applied ED 9/1 with a 168/3.73. Hope this eases your worries.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thecilent » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 am

Roar!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby vegenator » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 am

ellewoods2 wrote:I wouldn't worry about a correlation (although I hope there is) because I've been under review since 10/20 and I'm HARDLY an auto-admit. I applied ED 9/1 with a 168/3.73. Hope this eases your worries.


Very interesting! Thanks for posting (now finish processing my app. NYU :mrgreen: )

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby sgtgrumbles » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:25 pm

CapHillLove wrote:
CapHillLove wrote:I assigned 2 recs, but only one is in. Since they only require one rec, do you guys think they are definitely going to wait for that second one or is there a possibility that they would just go ahead and put me under review if I meet the basic numbers cut-offs?


Anyone?

I would love to get some input on this, too. I submitted on November 2nd and am still waiting on my second LOR, which is my only academic LOR. When should I start to panic if it hasn't been processed by LSAC? I asked NYU to hold off on reviewing my app until that comes in, to which they responded that they would "make [their] best effort to accommodate my request."

When will they actually be reviewing my app? I'm a borderline candidate (174, 3.5x, RD), so this is kind of a big deal for my app.

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 pm

So the big spike in acceptances started this week or next last year right?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 pm

tipler4213 wrote:So the big spike in acceptances started this week or next last year right?


No, it starts in December:

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... er=asc&p=4

& if you applied in October: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... -r8L#gid=0




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pfmnkid, Purple Post It Note, ReadyToStart and 25 guests