NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:35 pm

dulcatis wrote:You guys rock for calling <3 I'm just sad that she wasn't like, "YOU GUYS GET TO KNOW TODAY FOR SURE! <3 <3 <3"

Lol, my theory was right dulc. Now I'm sad.

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:36 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:So I did some really neurotic stalking of last year's NYU thread. :D

I counted all the TLS announcements of people getting accepted and the first wave produced 75 purple envelopes dated 12/1, received from 12/4 through 12/9. This year, so far I've counted 72 people with "decision mailed" status.

Also, NYU went GPA heavy and auto-admit heavy in their first wave last year too. And just like this year, the first wave had lots of cross-admits with HYS.

So basically, things seem to be shaping up the same as last year and those of us that haven't heard back yet can still hope :)


thanks for doing that dude! yeah i'm 60%+ chance on LSP and was thinking I'll probably just get WL'd :?

PS, how did you find the thread from last year? I can't go to any threads before january of 2010..

Thanks again!

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:38 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:So I did some really neurotic stalking of last year's NYU thread. :D

I counted all the TLS announcements of people getting accepted and the first wave produced 75 purple envelopes dated 12/1, received from 12/4 through 12/9. This year, so far I've counted 72 people with "decision mailed" status.

Also, NYU went GPA heavy and auto-admit heavy in their first wave last year too. And just like this year, the first wave had lots of cross-admits with HYS.

So basically, things seem to be shaping up the same as last year and those of us that haven't heard back yet can still hope :)


thanks for doing that dude! yeah i'm 60%+ chance on LSP and was thinking I'll probably just get WL'd :?

PS, how did you find the thread from last year? I can't go to any threads before january of 2010..

Thanks again!


You can search for NYU 2010 on google and you should find it. :)

I'm still clicking through it and it seems like after the first wave, ED rejections and holds get mailed out (12/9 or so) and the next wave of admits was dated 12/14. (Keep in mind, the first decisions started rolling out last year on 12/1)

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:44 pm

So, I haven't noticed any, but no one has updated to "sent" today, right?

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:45 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:So I did some really neurotic stalking of last year's NYU thread. :D

I counted all the TLS announcements of people getting accepted and the first wave produced 75 purple envelopes dated 12/1, received from 12/4 through 12/9. This year, so far I've counted 72 people with "decision mailed" status.

Also, NYU went GPA heavy and auto-admit heavy in their first wave last year too. And just like this year, the first wave had lots of cross-admits with HYS.

So basically, things seem to be shaping up the same as last year and those of us that haven't heard back yet can still hope :)


thanks for doing that dude! yeah i'm 60%+ chance on LSP and was thinking I'll probably just get WL'd :?

PS, how did you find the thread from last year? I can't go to any threads before january of 2010..

Thanks again!


You can search for NYU 2010 on google and you should find it. :)

I'm still clicking through it and it seems like after the first wave, ED rejections and holds get mailed out (12/9 or so) and the next wave of admits was dated 12/14. (Keep in mind, the first decisions started rolling out last year on 12/1)


Just curious. In your research, did many ED admits come in the 12/14 group or were they mainly handled early?

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby obrienfa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:46 pm

tipler4213 wrote:So, I haven't noticed any, but no one has updated to "sent" today, right?


Nope. But I don't know if it was this thread or another that updates were happening last night.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:50 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
Just curious. In your research, did many ED admits come in the 12/14 group or were they mainly handled early?

There were EDers....don't remember how many or what percentage. But there were :)

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:51 pm

So at this point, I "want" to wait until 12/14 or later :roll:

User avatar
user82189
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:13 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby user82189 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:59 pm

Decision letter sent
12/6

165 LSAT
4.0 GPA
URM

I hope this is good news!

lakerfanimal
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lakerfanimal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:11 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:So I did some really neurotic stalking of last year's NYU thread. :D

I counted all the TLS announcements of people getting accepted and the first wave produced 75 purple envelopes dated 12/1, received from 12/4 through 12/9. This year, so far I've counted 72 people with "decision mailed" status.

Also, NYU went GPA heavy and auto-admit heavy in their first wave last year too. And just like this year, the first wave had lots of cross-admits with HYS.

So basically, things seem to be shaping up the same as last year and those of us that haven't heard back yet can still hope :)


thanks for doing that dude! yeah i'm 60%+ chance on LSP and was thinking I'll probably just get WL'd :?

PS, how did you find the thread from last year? I can't go to any threads before january of 2010..

Thanks again!


You can search for NYU 2010 on google and you should find it. :)

I'm still clicking through it and it seems like after the first wave, ED rejections and holds get mailed out (12/9 or so) and the next wave of admits was dated 12/14. (Keep in mind, the first decisions started rolling out last year on 12/1)


Thanks a lot dude! Is NYU your first choice??

Crossing fingers for all of us to hear back before 12/14!

Also- http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... er=asc&p=6

Shows you that even some autoadmits who submitted in october didn't get in till mid-late december. (someone got a full ride that submitted in october, but only got in december, seems kinda random..)

User avatar
calvmpv
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby calvmpv » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

santacruz wrote:nothing's certain til i see some purple


This. I'm neurotic...but I keep having bad daydreams about having to tell my family I really didn't get into NYU.

Let's see some purpleeee!

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby forward » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:41 pm

For folks with the time travel dates:

I got info out of the admissions office about this. The decision was made as of that date, and the letters went out with the first batch, which were mailed yesterday. That said, it's unclear (see upthread) about when those letters will actually hit, given NYU's mailing process.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:44 pm

so think it's possible people with really early ur dates but no decision letter sent could have been decided awhile ago and just aren't updated as of yet?

User avatar
bkhopeful
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bkhopeful » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:48 pm

forward21 wrote:For folks with the time travel dates:

I got info out of the admissions office about this. The decision was made as of that date, and the letters went out with the first batch, which were mailed yesterday. That said, it's unclear (see upthread) about when those letters will actually hit, given NYU's mailing process.


nicely sleuthed! so bittersweet to think they've known our fates for almost 3 weeks, huh?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:53 pm

cruelestgame wrote:so think it's possible people with really early ur dates but no decision letter sent could have been decided awhile ago and just aren't updated as of yet?


I doubt there still are. Seems like they didn't really mail anything 12/3 and everything 12/6 and before got sent to NYU mail yesterday. So seems likely they just threw in all the admits they had previously decided on yesterday into the first wave of mailings.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:03 pm

forward21 wrote:For folks with the time travel dates:

I got info out of the admissions office about this. The decision was made as of that date, and the letters went out with the first batch, which were mailed yesterday. That said, it's unclear (see upthread) about when those letters will actually hit, given NYU's mailing process.

So why do some have time travel dates while others do not? hmm.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:08 pm

No mail :( surprise, surprise.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:09 pm

CastleRock wrote:
forward21 wrote:For folks with the time travel dates:

I got info out of the admissions office about this. The decision was made as of that date, and the letters went out with the first batch, which were mailed yesterday. That said, it's unclear (see upthread) about when those letters will actually hit, given NYU's mailing process.

So why do some have time travel dates while others do not? hmm.


Some people were decided upon and admitted in November, while others were more recent.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
forward21 wrote:For folks with the time travel dates:

I got info out of the admissions office about this. The decision was made as of that date, and the letters went out with the first batch, which were mailed yesterday. That said, it's unclear (see upthread) about when those letters will actually hit, given NYU's mailing process.

So why do some have time travel dates while others do not? hmm.


Some people were decided upon and admitted in November, while others were more recent.

I kind of take issue with this line of reasoning. First off, the first batch of people were 12/3, if that was their decision date, why wouldn't they inform the people who got in earlier first. Secondly, I know I had my apps in before say Forward, because my app was in before he even wrote the lsat. Thirdly, the first group of people to have their status change were really the auto admit group.

Not that I really care, I just don't think this tells the whole story. I think that the 12/3s were probably the first group with decisions, but they changed their statuses when the sent the mail. For the time traveller's, I have no idea why they would say their mail was sent in mid-november.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:32 pm

CastleRock wrote:I kind of take issue with this line of reasoning. First off, the first batch of people were 12/3, if that was their decision date, why wouldn't they inform the people who got in earlier first. Secondly, I know I had my apps in before say Forward, because my app was in before he even wrote the lsat. Thirdly, the first group of people to have their status change were really the auto admit group.

Not that I really care, I just don't think this tells the whole story. I think that the 12/3s were probably the first group with decisions, but they changed their statuses when the sent the mail. For the time traveller's, I have no idea why they would say their mail was sent in mid-november.


So maybe they remembered to change the status for some but not for others? All I know is that if the admissions office person was right, the time travelers' decisions were made at the date that's shown. The rest is just guesswork I guess :roll:
Last edited by absolutazn87 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:35 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:So maybe they remembered to change the status for some but not for others? All I know is that if the admissions office person was right, the time travelers' decisions were made at the date that's shown. The rest is just guesswork I guess :roll:

I'm not disagreeing with you. The admissions person is right about the time travellers. I wouldn't argue with someone who is clearly more knowledgable than I. I just don't think they would have made all those decisions on 12/3. Not that it matters, it's just a bit odd.

Maybe NYU doesn't have a firm grasp on how to use their shiny new status checkers.

jrh1987
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby jrh1987 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:37 pm

So "mailed yesterday" means sent to NYU mail services yesterday, right? Which means they were probably actually mailed today. So maybe people in NYC will get them tomorrow?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:38 pm

jrh1987 wrote:So "mailed yesterday" means sent to NYU mail services yesterday, right? Which means they were probably actually mailed today. So maybe people in NYC will get them tomorrow?

No one really knows how long it takes to get out of the NYU mail service at this point. Give it a few days and we will have data to answer your question.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 pm

jd2014! wrote:We don't know because there's no precedent. NYU has never had status checkers before this year

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:55 pm

thecilent wrote:
jd2014! wrote:We don't know because there's no precedent. NYU has never had status checkers before this year


It never gets old!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, christinaxcarrie, espnjman, fortunecookie1, Giro423, NavyNuke and 22 guests