NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gendefect

Re: NYU 2011

Postby gendefect » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Alright folks. I called. And you're not going to like what I learned.

I was told that all letters should be received by "the end of the next week".

For those of us in NYC, it should be "sooner", though the admissions rep couldn't really specify how much sooner. She had no sense of how long this typically takes, but said that if anyone hasn't received their letter by "the end of next week", to please give the Admissions department a call.

I also asked what it meant for a letter to be "sent" and she said it had been mailed out. And I asked, sort of stupidly (good thing I didn't mention my name...), "like to the post office, or..." and she said, "to the NYU mail center".

So my guess is it'll will languish at the mail center for a day or three before it actually starts making it's way out to anyone.

I would still imagine NYC 12/3ers will get a letter tomorrow, but I'm guessing they won't get one today. And that means I won't get a letter until Thurs, at the earliest!

timmna

Postby timmna » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:28 pm

gendefect wrote:Alright folks. I called. And you're not going to like what I learned.

For those of us in NYC, it should be "sooner", though the admissions rep couldn't really specify how much sooner. She had no sense of how long this typically takes, but said that if anyone hasn't received their letter by "the end of next week", to please give the Admissions department a call.

I also asked what it meant for a letter to be "sent" and she said it had been mailed out. And I asked, sort of stupidly (good thing I didn't mention my name...), "like to the post office, or..." and she said, "to the NYU mail center".

So my guess is it'll will languish at the mail center for a day or three before it actually starts making it's way out to anyone.

I would still imagine NYC 12/3ers will get a letter tomorrow, but I'm guessing they won't get one today. And that means I won't get a letter until Thurs, at the earliest!

Thank you for calling!

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks for calling, dude.

Grrrrrr nyu, grrrrrr

Postby 4102011 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Wellll the NYU mail center isn't TOO too bad. Like, it works as a real post office (I've mailed letters from there and they've gotten there in a normal range of time), and it's like 2 blocks from the law school. But "by the end of next week" is a long time...

I'm sad my hopes of a purple envelope today have just plummeted :(

<333 for calling :)

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm

gendefect wrote:Alright folks. I called. And you're not going to like what I learned.

Thanks for the info!

NYC_7911

Postby NYC_7911 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Fresh wrote:
Thanks for the info!

gendefect

Postby gendefect » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:32 pm

obrienfa wrote:Give me 20 minutes to get out of class and I will call.

It might not hurt for someone else to call and either a) ask different (read: better) questions, or b) ask the same questions and see if the response you get differs at all.

If you still feel like it...

Postby 4102011 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 pm

gendefect wrote:

It might not hurt for someone else to call and either a) ask different (read: better) questions, or b) ask the same questions and see if the response you get differs at all.

"When TLS Attacks: NYU Edition"

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:36 pm

dulcatis wrote:
gendefect wrote:

"When TLS Attacks: NYU Edition"

Lol For realz. I love it

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:55 pm

gendefect wrote:

I called and was told that all letters have been mailed out via their NYU mail warehouse (admissions lady term, not mine) and that people should start finding out at the end of this week and that everyone in the first wave should know by next week.

If the NYU mail works like the ones I've experienced at other colleges, the decisions probably weren't sent into the regular USPS system until yesterday or today. There is usually a processing delay of one business day which is lame.

Postby 4102011 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm

You guys rock for calling <3 I'm just sad that she wasn't like, "YOU GUYS GET TO KNOW TODAY FOR SURE! <3 <3 <3"

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:01 pm

As on objective observer of this thread (aka. no status change, so not trying to be cautious and not get excited prematurely) I am 99% sure everyone with a decision mailed status is accepted. There is not one case of someone who's would numbers suggest otherwise. Congrats to all!

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:06 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:As on objective observer of this thread (aka. no status change, so not trying to be cautious and not get excited prematurely) I am 99% sure everyone with a decision mailed status is accepted. There is not one case of someone who's would numbers suggest otherwise. Congrats to all!

I concur, which is also why I am so frustrated mine still says 11/15!

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:07 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:As on objective observer of this thread (aka. no status change, so not trying to be cautious and not get excited prematurely) I am 99% sure everyone with a decision mailed status is accepted. There is not one case of someone who's would numbers suggest otherwise. Congrats to all!

Join the club - there are several 10/20 and few 10/22 ahead of you. let's all rejoice the impatient waiting

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:09 pm

pulandasu wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:

Join the club - there are several 10/20 and few 10/22 ahead of you. let's all rejoice the impatient waiting

Yep, 10/22. Being a borderline candidate makes it even more frustrating though not unexpected.

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:11 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
pulandasu wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:

Yep, 10/22. Being a borderline candidate makes it even more frustrating though not unexpected.

Haha I'm sure! My frustration is compounded by the fact that I am a retaker and ED!

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:11 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
pulandasu wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:

X 796,987,321

calvmpv

Postby calvmpv » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:17 pm

tipler4213 wrote:Yep, 10/22. Being a borderline candidate makes it even more frustrating though not unexpected.

+1

cruelestgame

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:20 pm

calvmpv wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:Yep, 10/22. Being a borderline candidate makes it even more frustrating though not unexpected.

+1

sums it up niceley

santacruz

Postby santacruz » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 pm

not so certain here. i went letter sent 12/6, i'm a 4.0 but a <170 lsat. perhaps they are balancing out by throwing in a few reverse splitters, but i'm just sayin...

nothing's certain til i see some purple

forward

Postby forward » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 pm

I called to ask about the weird November decision letter dates. The nice lady on the end of the line had no explanation, and said the person who could look into it is out for the day.

Hopefully just some sort of IT glitch. :shock:

123kl

Postby 123kl » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm

santacruz wrote:

not so certain here. i went letter sent 12/6, i'm a 4.0 but a <170 lsat. perhaps they are balancing out by throwing in a few reverse splitters, but i'm just sayin...

Last year, a good number of people with 3.9+ and 169 got in.

absolutazn87

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm

So I did some really neurotic stalking of last year's NYU thread. :D

I counted all the TLS announcements of people getting accepted and the first wave produced 75 purple envelopes dated 12/1, received from 12/4 through 12/9. This year, so far I've counted 72 people with "decision mailed" status.

Also, NYU went GPA heavy and auto-admit heavy in their first wave last year too. And just like this year, the first wave had lots of cross-admits with HYS.

So basically, things seem to be shaping up the same as last year and those of us that haven't heard back yet can still hope :)

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:28 pm

santacruz wrote:

I was going to ask about that but when I realized I couldn't word my question any better than "what about the time traveling shenanigans with some people's decision date", I didn't.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:29 pm

[quote="absolutazn87"]So I did some really neurotic stalking of last year's NYU thread. :D

I counted all the TLS announcements of people getting accepted and the first wave produced 75 purple envelopes dated 12/1, received from 12/4 through 12/9. This year, so far I've counted 72 people with "decision mailed" status.

Also, NYU went GPA heavy and auto-admit heavy in their first wave last year too. And just like this year, the first wave had lots of cross-admits with HYS.

So basically, things seem to be shaping up the same as last year and those of us that haven't heard back yet can still hope :)[/
quote]

SWEET.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”