NYU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WhatSarahSaid
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:40 pm

"Decision Letter Sent" for me as of today.

Sent 11/15, complete 11/30. RD.

ClayDavis
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby ClayDavis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:50 pm

Does NYU do anything by email? It seems I'm a WL/Reject so I want to know sooner rather than later.

intheend
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby intheend » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:54 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:"Decision Letter Sent" for me as of today.

Sent 11/15, complete 11/30. RD.


I sent 11/11 and stuck on that date as still processing. Worry time??

Also, congratulations all you purple envelopers!

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:08 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
thecilent wrote:I think it may be possible for them to throw WL/Deny for ED people, but I can't imagine any RD decision sent not being IN.

That just doesn't make any sense.

And FWIW, the ED decision sent ones are probably all IN, as well.. I was just saying.


I agree but, considering:

jd2014! wrote:We don't know because there's no precedent. NYU has never had status checkers before this year


We'll just have to wait and see.

lol Cutie.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:11 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Wow
I was UR way before most of you... I thought my stats were good enough :/ I'm kinda bummed. Makes my cycle look kinda freakish.

I did notice there aren't a lot of really high LSATs in their admit pool right now though
Maybe they're taking the high GPAs first?
Or maybe this year they high a really high GPA floor...


Sorry for the combo breaker but Im high LSAT, middling gpa.

lw2011
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby lw2011 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi all, I'm a first time poster on TLS but am sharing the same excitement/anxiety that everyone else on this thread is feeling right now...

I also had a 12/03 "decision letter sent" status change. I'm RD and submitted 9/21/10. Definitely borderline stats at NYU with a 169 and 3.91. Hoping that strong softs will help (I'm 3 years out of undergrad).

I live in a NYC borough--will be running to the mailbox tonight after work and will post whether a letter has arrived...

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:34 pm

lw2011 wrote:Hi all, I'm a first time poster on TLS but am sharing the same excitement/anxiety that everyone else on this thread is feeling right now...

I also had a 12/03 "decision letter sent" status change. I'm RD and submitted 9/21/10. Definitely borderline stats at NYU with a 169 and 3.91. Hoping that strong softs will help (I'm 3 years out of undergrad).

I live in a NYC borough--will be running to the mailbox tonight after work and will post whether a letter has arrived...


We're numbers twins and I got the same status change on the same day. We're likely admits -- 8/10 people between LSN and TLS had our stats last cycle and were accepted. I'm obviously not going to celebrate till I have the purple envelope, but you should definitely be confident at this point.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:40 pm

TLSNYC wrote:
lw2011 wrote:Hi all, I'm a first time poster on TLS but am sharing the same excitement/anxiety that everyone else on this thread is feeling right now...

I also had a 12/03 "decision letter sent" status change. I'm RD and submitted 9/21/10. Definitely borderline stats at NYU with a 169 and 3.91. Hoping that strong softs will help (I'm 3 years out of undergrad).

I live in a NYC borough--will be running to the mailbox tonight after work and will post whether a letter has arrived...


We're numbers twins and I got the same status change on the same day. We're likely admits -- 8/10 people between LSN and TLS had our stats last cycle and were accepted. I'm obviously not going to celebrate till I have the purple envelope, but you should definitely be confident at this point.


Looks like NYU is trying to keep the same 25th percentile this year (169). You folks are the ones that keep the stats where they're supposed to be so that they can let splitters like me in. Thank you, lol.

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby sgtgrumbles » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:44 pm

mst wrote:Looks like NYU is trying to keep the same 25th percentile this year (169). You folks are the ones that keep the stats where they're supposed to be so that they can let splitters like me in. Thank you, lol.


Yes! Thanks, sub-170 people, for helping out us sub-3.6 people!

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:46 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:
mst wrote:Looks like NYU is trying to keep the same 25th percentile this year (169). You folks are the ones that keep the stats where they're supposed to be so that they can let splitters like me in. Thank you, lol.


Yes! Thanks, sub-170 people, for helping out us sub-3.6 people!

Aww this is cute - everyone gettting along.

dissonance1848
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby dissonance1848 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:46 pm

I submitted in mid oct., went under review end of oct. Does that mean that I simply have to sweat it out for another week or two, or are they throwing out decision letters regardless of app date?

User avatar
LargeHuman
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby LargeHuman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:49 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:
mst wrote:Looks like NYU is trying to keep the same 25th percentile this year (169). You folks are the ones that keep the stats where they're supposed to be so that they can let splitters like me in. Thank you, lol.


Yes! Thanks, sub-170 people, for helping out us sub-3.6 people!



+1. Cheers!

MM326
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby MM326 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Is there any reason why it says decision letter sent date but the date is 11/17??

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:54 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:
mst wrote:Looks like NYU is trying to keep the same 25th percentile this year (169). You folks are the ones that keep the stats where they're supposed to be so that they can let splitters like me in. Thank you, lol.


Yes! Thanks, sub-170 people, for helping out us sub-3.6 people!

And us barely above 3.6 people...

User avatar
bkhopeful
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby bkhopeful » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:55 pm

my status just changed to "Decision Letter Sent" but my status date stayed at 11/17, which is when I went UR. thoughts on what this means? is the admissions office watching me compulsively refresh the status checker? is this a good thing?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:55 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
sgtgrumbles wrote:
mst wrote:Looks like NYU is trying to keep the same 25th percentile this year (169). You folks are the ones that keep the stats where they're supposed to be so that they can let splitters like me in. Thank you, lol.


Yes! Thanks, sub-170 people, for helping out us sub-3.6 people!

And us barely above 3.6 people...


+1 hopefully

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:57 pm

haha..i've never felt soappreciated before!

User avatar
catsparka
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby catsparka » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Decision letter sent! I think my UR date was 11/22.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:58 pm

bkhopeful wrote:my status just changed to "Decision Letter Sent" but my status date stayed at 11/17, which is when I went UR. thoughts on what this means? is the admissions office watching me compulsively refresh the status checker? is this a good thing?


TIME TRAVEL.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby mst » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:58 pm

TLSNYC wrote:haha..i've never felt soappreciated before!


Now I just feel bad for you.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 pm

dulcatis wrote:
bkhopeful wrote:my status just changed to "Decision Letter Sent" but my status date stayed at 11/17, which is when I went UR. thoughts on what this means? is the admissions office watching me compulsively refresh the status checker? is this a good thing?


TIME TRAVEL.

Ok dulc, news time.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby 4102011 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:00 pm

CastleRock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
bkhopeful wrote:my status just changed to "Decision Letter Sent" but my status date stayed at 11/17, which is when I went UR. thoughts on what this means? is the admissions office watching me compulsively refresh the status checker? is this a good thing?


TIME TRAVEL.

Ok dulc, news time.


bf hasn't texted me yet! wahhhh.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: NYU 2011

Postby c_dubya_s » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:03 pm

dulcatis wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
bkhopeful wrote:my status just changed to "Decision Letter Sent" but my status date stayed at 11/17, which is when I went UR. thoughts on what this means? is the admissions office watching me compulsively refresh the status checker? is this a good thing?


TIME TRAVEL.

Ok dulc, news time.


bf hasn't texted me yet! wahhhh.


If only he knew half of TLS is waiting for him to check your mailbox...

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:03 pm

so is there a revision of our general consensus here?
if one went UR before mid to early November, we should assume WL or R?

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: NYU 2011

Postby moxiepostulate » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:04 pm

Got a Decision mailed status update today as well. Yay 8)

Coast to coast, I should get it by the end of the week.

Submitted 11/09, UR 11/29

Purple is my favorite color, so I'm looking forward to this one particularly on an irrational 5yr old girl level. Is that wrong? If so, I don't want to be right... Mmmn hmmn.

Edit: Correction. Mixed up my UR date.
Last edited by moxiepostulate on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”