NYU 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MyohMy45

New

Re: NYU 2011

Post by MyohMy45 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Hey I'm in the same position as you guys.. DLS 4/7 and I'm in CAli. I CALLED admissions this morning and this is what they said:
(roughly this is what happened)
"Hello I was just calling to make sure this letter was on its way"

"Yes_________ it was sent over 1 week ago"

"Ok.. So it was sent to the correct address?"

"Yes dear."

"Ok.. so if I was rejected/waitlisted I would have received some kind of email?"

".... they do that."

"WTF. Ok so I should be expecting good news?"

"Just keep doing what you've been doing, keep to what your plans were. Decision will arrive shortly."

"...... ok."

No information whatsoever!! And I'm calling from outside the country saying I can't get the mail myself and not a peep.

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Can anyone tell me when my purple envelope is arriving? DLS at 4/11, in via admitted students website and notified of acceptance via email this morning. Just want to see what the fuss about the iconic purple envelope is all about!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 pm

dpk711 wrote:Can anyone tell me when my purple envelope is arriving? DLS at 4/11, in via admitted students website and notified of acceptance via email this morning. Just want to see what the fuss about the iconic purple envelope is all about!
It's just the fact that it's a bearer of good news. As far as an acceptance letter goes there's nothing special about it. There aren't any goodies or personalized notes or anything. But it's an admit, so obviously people still want it.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:29 pm

MyohMy45 wrote:Hey I'm in the same position as you guys.. DLS 4/7 and I'm in CAli. I CALLED admissions this morning and this is what they said:

"Yes dear."

"Ok.. so if I was rejected/waitlisted I would have received some kind of email?"

".... they do that."

"Just keep doing what you've been doing, keep to what your plans were. Decision will arrive shortly."

"...... ok."

No information whatsoever!! And I'm calling from outside the country saying I can't get the mail myself and not a peep.
Have you logged on to the admitted student website?

MyohMy45

New

Post by MyohMy45 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:32 pm

bdubs wrote:
MyohMy45 wrote:Hey I'm in the same position as you guys.. DLS 4/7 and I'm in CAli. I CALLED admissions this morning and this is what they said:

Nope. No ASW access. No acceptance email either. Nothing. I called to make sure they didn't make some kind of mistake on my status checker either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wiseguy33

Bronze

Post by wiseguy33 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Anyone interested in setting up a stats spreadsheet for those of us still waiting/with DLS but no actual decision letter? I'll input my numbers, if someone else sets up the gdoc.

Or I guess we could wait like a day or two. Patience is a difficult virtue.

artemis178

New

Post by artemis178 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:38 pm

bdubs wrote:

"Yes dear."

".... they do that."

"...... ok."

I hate to say it, but "keep to what your plans were" doesn't sound very promising (especially with no asw access) Who knows though!? Anything's possible. I'm surprised that you couldn't get more information than that on the phone. You might want to send an email to the director of admissions as it's been 11 days since a decision letter was supposedly sent. Mail does get lost from time to time.

MyohMy45

New

Post by MyohMy45 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 pm

artemis178 wrote:
bdubs wrote:

I hate to say it, but "keep to what your plans were" doesn't sound very promising (especially with no asw access) Who knows though!? Anything's possible. I'm surprised that you couldn't get more information than that on the phone. You might want to send an email to the director of admissions as it's been 11 days since a decision letter was supposedly sent. Mail does get lost from time to time.
Ya thats not how she worded it but the overall impression I got from them was that they didn't want to tell me anything. I got the impression that she didn't want to change anything about my plans with this phone call, like I had never called in the first place, you know what I mean? Esp since she said they do WL/DIngs via email... but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

THink about it if anyone could call and get even a *hint* regarding their acceptance their phone lines would be crazy.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:51 pm

What the fuck is wrong with NYU? I've been under review since 1/14/2011...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Ikki wrote:What the fuck is wrong with NYU? I've been under review since 1/14/2011...
Wow, such anger. You can always withdraw your app if you feel that strongly that you have been so very wronged by NYU. Or, you could realize that many people have been waiting much longer than you and stop bitching.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Ikki wrote:What the fuck is wrong with NYU? I've been under review since 1/14/2011...
Wow, such anger. You can always withdraw your app if you feel that strongly that you have been so very wronged by NYU. Or, you could realize that many people have been waiting much longer than you and stop bitching.
Didn't answer the question.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Ikki wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
Really? Perhaps the problem is that you're a douche, rather than there being something wrong with NYU.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:09 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Ikki wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
Really? Perhaps the problem is that you're a douche, rather than there being something wrong with NYU.
Come on now, be nice... it is super frustrating at this point when deadlines are approaching and still no word. If people can't vent on TLS, what is the point?
Last edited by chasgoose on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Settle down, nerds. Everyone's on edge because of the new batch of DLS.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:13 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Ikki wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
6 minutes have passed, go check your status.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:25 pm

I'll give myself till Thursday before I'm convinced it's not a WL. And then I'll probably think it's an acceptance.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Ikki wrote: 6 minutes have passed, go check your status.
I have no idea what this means/is implying. Whatever.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Hannibal wrote:I'll give myself till Thursday before I'm convinced it's not a WL. And then I'll probably think it's an acceptance.
The closer it gets to the 22nd, the better chances one has?
Anyway, did anyone update their transcript?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Hannibal wrote:I'll give myself till Thursday before I'm convinced it's not a WL. And then I'll probably think it's an acceptance.
I'm pulling for you! I know you've been frustrated with your cycle, so hopefully NYU can fix that!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
I'm pulling for you! I know you've been frustrated with your cycle, so hopefully NYU can fix that!
I might not even take NYU <__<

I've underperformed my numbers, but I value scholarship dollars over prestige more than most so I'm probably ending up where I'd be anyway (unless I had gotten money from MVP)

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Ikki wrote:
I wasn't WLed or anything, just been UR a long time, but I did update my transcript a while back. GPA stayed exactly the same. :|

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

absolutazn87

Silver

Post by absolutazn87 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Wow. Calm down. I (and many others) have been UR since 10/20/2010 with no updates.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Ikki wrote:
I wasn't WLed or anything, just been UR a long time, but I did update my transcript a while back. GPA stayed exactly the same. :|

Same here, I just haven't heard anything. I think by this point a phone call should be made.

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Just got my purple envelope. Nothing special like all you said -- will be withdrawing soon I think.

mycousinvinny56

New

Post by mycousinvinny56 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Deferred ED, DLS 4/16 (first movement in almost 4 months!). Sorry for asking this question as I am sure it has been addressed many times throughout this thread, but how soon are people usually able to access the ASW if accepted? Also, have letters been taking forever to arrive as they did in December? I'm in the NY area....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”