NYU 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chasgoose

Silver

Re: NYU 2011

Post by chasgoose » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:40 pm

bhan87 wrote:
chasgoose wrote:DLS 2/17 too!

Application Sent: 1/6
UR: 2/4
Any luck logging in?
Nope, but I didn't expect to this quickly anyways.

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Purple envelope today! DLS 2/11, in by ASW on Monday.

Also, invitation to a Cooley open house! Do you guys think I should go to Cooley or nyu? I mean, Cooley is the number 2 school in the country.

antonin

Bronze

Post by antonin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:03 pm

I see on LSN that a number of negative responses have been sent. Do we have any theories why some of us are for so long under UR without any waitlist/deny e-mails yet. It is not as if they are still waiting for application season to end. I want to stay hopeful, but seeing later applicants getting admitted makes me think that NYU is fast at admitting students they like...

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:05 pm

antonin wrote:I see on LSN that a number of negative responses have been sent. Do we have any theories why some of us are for so long under UR without any waitlist/deny e-mails yet. It is not as if they are still waiting for application season to end. I want to stay hopeful, but seeing later applicants getting admitted makes me think that NYU is fast at admitting students they like...
They didn't waitlist anyone last year until April, so they may just be holding out for that. Although I just got in last week after being UR since October, so there's no reason to give up hope yet.

waitlisteddd

New

Post by waitlisteddd » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:05 pm

duckmoney wrote:Purple envelope today! DLS 2/11, in by ASW on Monday.

Also, invitation to a Cooley open house! Do you guys think I should go to Cooley or nyu? I mean, Cooley is the number 2 school in the country.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:24 pm

So am I basically out if I havent moved from UR since November? 170, 3.9x here

Lovely Ludwig Van

Bronze

Post by Lovely Ludwig Van » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Woot! Finally in after 3 month hiatus w/ no news whatsoever in between. 2/11 DLS, Admitted Website email today.

Sandrew

New

Post by Sandrew » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Decision Letter Sent 2/17
Under Review 2/9
Submitted 1/17

aredhello

Bronze

Post by aredhello » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:41 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:So am I basically out if I havent moved from UR since November? 170, 3.9x here
I'm in a similar boat with similar numbers. Thought I submitted a pretty strong app too, with a NYU-tailored PS.

I think there's a pretty good chance that we're headed for the WL, but there have been a few folks who have gotten in months after going UR.

Good luck to you though!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:42 pm

aredhello wrote:
gbpackerbacker wrote:So am I basically out if I havent moved from UR since November? 170, 3.9x here
I'm in a similar boat with similar numbers. Thought I submitted a pretty strong app too, with a NYU-tailored PS.

I think there's a pretty good chance that we're headed for the WL, but there have been a few folks who have gotten in months after going UR.

Good luck to you though!
I am similar numbers UR 1/5. Maybe it's going to the wrong direction.

src42

Bronze

Post by src42 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:48 pm

r6_philly wrote:
aredhello wrote:

Good luck to you though!
I'm in this club too. Waitlists suck.

swl56

Bronze

Post by swl56 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:49 pm

r6_philly wrote:
aredhello wrote:

Good luck to you though!
+1 UR 1/5. submitting a LOCI now... anyone know if they even read the LOCIs? especially if there's a big chance i'm already in the W/L pile? or will submitting a LOCI cause them to review my file again? i'm not really sure how/if LOCIs work =\

funhouse3

New

Post by funhouse3 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Just got a rejection email.
Status checker was and is at Under Review 1/10/11.
Not surprising based on my numbers, but i was expecting to see movement beforehand.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Guicciardini

New

Post by Guicciardini » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:15 pm

funhouse3 wrote:Just got a rejection email.
Status checker was and is at Under Review 1/10/11.
Not surprising based on my numbers, but i was expecting to see movement beforehand.
What the hellass? I'm pretty sure you applied over six weeks after me. At this rate even a rejection would be welcome. Then maybe I could at least get on with my life.

(I don't mean that, baby, you know I love you, please let me in!)

BuckeyeGirl

New

Post by BuckeyeGirl » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Under Review 12/13....just got my rejection email and status check updated to DLS.

A reach with my numbers, but my sister is a freshman at Tisch and I was REALLY hoping to have NYU as an option :(

Good luck to those still waiting!

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Woot! Finally in after 3 month hiatus w/ no news whatsoever in between. 2/11 DLS, Admitted Website email today.
Ludwig, do you remember what your UR date was, exactly? And congrats!

To those who have been UR for months and months (which includes me, UR 11/10): In the last week or so, they've definitely been taking a second look at us. Of those who have posted so far that they've gotten in after long, long wait times, their UR dates seems to be in October. Perhaps those of us who were UR November could have a tiny bit of hope that they're relooking over our files now or soon.

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Still 11/3

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:Woot! Finally in after 3 month hiatus w/ no news whatsoever in between. 2/11 DLS, Admitted Website email today.

To those who have been UR for months and months (which includes me, UR 11/10): In the last week or so, they've definitely been taking a second look at us. Of those who have posted so far that they've gotten in after long, long wait times, their UR dates seems to be in October. Perhaps those of us who were UR November could have a tiny bit of hope that they're relooking over our files now or soon.
yeah, this is interesting to see. I shouldn't even let it give me hope though...

misspoopers

New

Post by misspoopers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:12 pm

hi, just got the Decision Letter Sent update on the NYU status check with no follow up emails from the school.

Do they normally call you if you are admitted and email you to let you know if you've been rejected/waitlisted or do I need to wait for my envelope to find out one way or another?

Thanks in advance.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Bronze

Post by Lovely Ludwig Van » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:14 pm

sarahlawg wrote:

yeah, this is interesting to see. I shouldn't even let it give me hope though...
Yeah, my UR date was 12/8, it stayed there from then til now, and I haven't gotten anything in between. I haven't been following the NYU thread that closely, so can't really give you a thorough explanation as to what I think may or may not have happened. But if I had to guess, I'd say it was basically a "hold" type situation cuz they wanted to view my application within the context of the December pool of LSAT takers. Hope that helps.

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:

Yeah, my UR date was 12/8, it stayed there from then til now, and I haven't gotten anything in between. I haven't been following the NYU thread that closely, so can't really give you a thorough explanation as to what I think may or may not have happened. But if I had to guess, I'd say it was basically a "hold" type situation cuz they wanted to view my application within the context of the December pool of LSAT takers. Hope that helps.

My UR was 12/14, but I'm a retaker (163/171). We'll seeee....

congrats, btw ;)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cawquette

New

Post by cawquette » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:54 pm

misspoopers wrote:hi, just got the Decision Letter Sent update on the NYU status check with no follow up emails from the school.

Do they normally call you if you are admitted and email you to let you know if you've been rejected/waitlisted or do I need to wait for my envelope to find out one way or another?

Thanks in advance.
i got dls 1/21 and didn't get my envelope until 1/30. i wasn't able to log onto the ASW until 1/25 at night, so be patient.i have received no phone call, but a bunch of stuff in the mail since then.

misspoopers

New

Post by misspoopers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 pm

So,.....DLS sent today means an acceptance?

Should i be doing my victory dance, or no? :mrgreen:

freon

New

Post by freon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:59 pm

misspoopers wrote:So,.....DLS sent today means an acceptance?

Probably dancing. Since they haven't started WL'ing yet and those who were rejected received an email almost immediately, it looks like an acceptance is coming your way. Good luck!

misspoopers

New

Post by misspoopers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 pm

freon wrote:
misspoopers wrote:So,.....DLS sent today means an acceptance?

Probably dancing. Since they haven't started WL'ing yet and those who were rejected received an email almost immediately, it looks like an acceptance is coming your way. Good luck!
ahmahgawd! yay!! :mrgreen:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”