NYU 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ilovemulch

Bronze

Re: NYU 2011

Post by ilovemulch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:43 pm

my speculation has nothing to do with status checkers though - I'm talking about submit dates, which we DO have a precedent for...

also, anyone else check their statuses 5+ times a day?? :)

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:47 pm

ilovemulch wrote:my speculation has nothing to do with status checkers though - I'm talking about submit dates, which we DO have a precedent for...

I used to, then realized it was never ever going to change. Now I just rock myself in the corner when I have the urge.

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:48 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
This..they're probably being super conservative b/c they don't know how many more top applicants will be accepting this year compared to normal with the new Ruby schollies. Also, NYU's class size is about 2.5X bigger than Chi's..jsut trying to keep the false hope alive!
good point good point!

(Grrr Rubenstein!)

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:51 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:my speculation has nothing to do with status checkers though - I'm talking about submit dates, which we DO have a precedent for...

I used to, then realized it was never ever going to change. Now I just rock myself in the corner when I have the urge.

hahaha, maybe I should do this too, for my sanity!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:50 pm

No, since they are using status checkers instead of blind admission process, it is reasonable to assume that it is a different process this year, so there is no "good" precedent.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ma456

New

Post by ma456 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:34 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
jimraynor wrote:They could be rejecting, right? There were a bunch of decisions sent on the 10th, but (as far as I can tell) no one knows if they were :) or :(
oh good point, I guess! I didn't see that many though? The only one I remember is Knock, who sure as heck isn't getting rejected! haha

Mine was sent on the 10th and i got my purple envelope yesterday, so that's at least one :)

LegallyBlonde923

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlonde923 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:58 pm

whathojeeves wrote:

+1 I have to laugh, because if I don't I'll just cry about how true that statement is.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:36 pm

ma456 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
jimraynor wrote:They could be rejecting, right? There were a bunch of decisions sent on the 10th, but (as far as I can tell) no one knows if they were :) or :(
oh good point, I guess! I didn't see that many though? The only one I remember is Knock, who sure as heck isn't getting rejected! haha

Mine was sent on the 10th and i got my purple envelope yesterday, so that's at least one :)
Hmm, DLS 01/07, nothing yet. I'm guessing Monday the 17th is when i'm going to get it, for no good reason.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Knock wrote:Hmm, DLS 01/07, nothing yet. I'm guessing Monday the 17th is when i'm going to get it, for no good reason.
I'm betting tomorrow! Mine took exactly a week, IIRC,

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 pm

eskimo wrote:
Knock wrote:Hmm, DLS 01/07, nothing yet. I'm guessing Monday the 17th is when i'm going to get it, for no good reason.
You're a lot closer to NYC though!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 pm

I think those of us who went UR 1/7 should be accepted soon. I base this off of my immense ego.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 pm

Knock wrote:
eskimo wrote:
You're a lot closer to NYC though!
Trust me, the shittiness of the postal service in Alabama more than makes up for the closer proximity to NYC.

cz2209

New

Post by cz2209 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:56 am

kazu wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
cz2209 wrote:Once it said UR 1/10, would it ever be updated to say UR 1/20? Or it would stay at 1/10 forever?
It will stay there FOREVER.
Until it updates to "Decision letter sent" :wink:

Thank you both. So will nyu send you a letter notifying you that "a decision letter" has been sent? Or we have to use Status Checker everyday and pray?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:00 am

cz2209 wrote:
kazu wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
cz2209 wrote:Once it said UR 1/10, would it ever be updated to say UR 1/20? Or it would stay at 1/10 forever?
It will stay there FOREVER.
Until it updates to "Decision letter sent" :wink:

Thank you both. So will nyu send you a letter notifying you that "a decision letter" has been sent? Or we have to use Status Checker everyday and pray?
Seems like a waste of paper to me :wink: . But seriously, you just have to look at your status checker (everyday probably isn't necessary).

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 am

Bildungsroman wrote:I think those of us who went UR 1/7 should be accepted soon. I base this off of my immense ego.

what is your definition of soon?????

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:I think those of us who went UR 1/7 should be accepted soon. I base this off of my immense ego.

Within either 1 light year or 3.1 parsecs. Whichever comes first.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 am

whathojeeves wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Within either 1 light year or 3.1 parsecs. Whichever comes first.
Ah, yes. Soon in terms of distance. Definitely the best way to measure it. :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:51 am

omg i can't anymore! I think I am just going to stop checking the status checker - like totally cold turkey from here on out. I'll just wait patiently by the mailbox until the end of April. Anyone want to join me in this? I think it might actually be very peaceful...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53 am

ilovemulch wrote:omg i can't anymore! I think I am just going to stop checking the status checker - like totally cold turkey from here on out. I'll just wait patiently by the mailbox until the end of April. Anyone want to join me in this? I think it might actually be very peaceful...
Good journey, be brave. I am too weak to join you.

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:54 am

r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:omg i can't anymore! I think I am just going to stop checking the status checker - like totally cold turkey from here on out. I'll just wait patiently by the mailbox until the end of April. Anyone want to join me in this? I think it might actually be very peaceful...
this will be the greatest feat I have ever accomplished, if I can actually pull this off! It feels like quitting an addiction.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:58 am

ilovemulch wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
this will be the greatest feat I have ever accomplished, if I can actually pull this off! It feels like quitting an addiction.
I stopped smoking by getting up and deciding to stop one day, yet I can't put this off. You will be better than I am.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 am

r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
I stopped smoking by getting up and deciding to stop one day, yet I can't put this off. You will be better than I am.
haha awww well i dont think ill be better than you, maybe just on par :). It's weird - I feel like we're gonna end up in the same place philly, maybe bc were always in the same threads haha (you'll probs end up at a way better place than me, lol).

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:04 am

ilovemulch wrote:
haha awww well i dont think ill be better than you, maybe just on par :). It's weird - I feel like we're gonna end up in the same place philly, maybe bc were always in the same threads haha (you'll probs end up at a way better place than me, lol).
The only overlap we have is Penn right now, not a bad choice!

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:07 am

r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
haha true...right now it's def my top choice though! What about you?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:10 am

ilovemulch wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
haha true...right now it's def my top choice though! What about you?
Between Boalt and Penn but I only have 3 to choose from lol Waiting on financial aid and HYS. Did you apply to more than what's in your profile? Did you join the Penn FB group?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”