NYU 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shanemahsa

Silver

Re: NYU 2011

Post by shanemahsa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:53 am

hellome wrote:anyone get a confirmation email or status checker or complete email or anything from nyu?
they're so quiet......... :shock:
Negative. But I did email them an addendum and they replied saying they'd add it to my file.

hellome

Bronze

Post by hellome » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:43 am

shanemahsa wrote:
hellome wrote:anyone get a confirmation email or status checker or complete email or anything from nyu?
they're so quiet......... :shock:
Negative. But I did email them an addendum and they replied saying they'd add it to my file.
ah okay, thanks :)

cigrainger

Bronze

Post by cigrainger » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:10 am

I applied 9/21 -- all I've gotten so far is an email confirming they received my ED contract that I submitted by email.

lawschoollll

Bronze

Post by lawschoollll » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:18 pm

cigrainger wrote:I applied 9/21 -- all I've gotten so far is an email confirming they received my ED contract that I submitted by email.
Have other ED people gotten confirmation of NYU's receipt of the contract? I haven't.

vicuna

Bronze

Post by vicuna » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:38 pm

lawschoollll wrote:
cigrainger wrote:I applied 9/21 -- all I've gotten so far is an email confirming they received my ED contract that I submitted by email.
Have other ED people gotten confirmation of NYU's receipt of the contract? I haven't.
Nor have I. It may just be people who scanned and emailed it. I mailed it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:40 am

Just a word on the way NYU does things, at least according to last year's cycle. I originally applied RD in late October/early November, went complete Jan 07 (after December LSAT retake), and was accepted in March. I recieved an email confirming receipt of my app on 12/15, and one acknowledging completion on 1/07. There is no status checker. I got the acceptance packet in the mail after having practically forgotten about them. I think NYU just prefers to keep the communication to a minimum. Also it took them quite a while to send the initial email (about 7 weeks). So don't worry if you don't hear any news- it's not a bad sign. So sit tight and keep an eye on the mailbox.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Applie back in sept, no word back from them to my knowledge

pocketwatcher

New

Post by pocketwatcher » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Does anyone know if NYU "bundles" applications with recommendation letters?

I have the one required rec. in and am waiting on the second one. Don't want to delay having my application get to them while waiting for the other rec.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Ildeuce wrote:Applie back in sept, no word back from them to my knowledge
Same, although I applied in mid Oct.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:01 pm

pocketwatcher wrote:Does anyone know if NYU "bundles" applications with recommendation letters?

I have the one required rec. in and am waiting on the second one. Don't want to delay having my application get to them while waiting for the other rec.
At an information session they said that they begin processing stuff once they get the initial application (and that the processing can take six weeks) so to send in everything in as early as possible even if your application isn't completely done so they can set it up administration-wise. So I think you're good?

Also, I applied in early Oct :)

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:55 am

Submitted!

pocketwatcher

New

Post by pocketwatcher » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:58 am

Question for folks who applied ED: what address did you send the ED contract to? The form lists a PO Box, but the website has a physical mailing address on Macdougal street. Just want to make sure I get it to the right place before the deadline...

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 am

pocketwatcher wrote:Question for folks who applied ED: what address did you send the ED contract to? The form lists a PO Box, but the website has a physical mailing address on Macdougal street. Just want to make sure I get it to the right place before the deadline...
Use the address on the ED form. The website has a physical address so you can find it in person, but they receive all mail in the P.O. box.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:52 am

Starting to see a lot of the same people trying a lot of the same schools. Sup dudes. RD for me

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:26 am

Last edited by dbrddr on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:30 am

jd2014! wrote:Just a word on the way NYU does things, at least according to last year's cycle. I originally applied RD in late October/early November, went complete Jan 07 (after December LSAT retake), and was accepted in March. I recieved an email confirming receipt of my app on 12/15, and one acknowledging completion on 1/07. There is no status checker. I got the acceptance packet in the mail after having practically forgotten about them. I think NYU just prefers to keep the communication to a minimum. Also it took them quite a while to send the initial email (about 7 weeks). So don't worry if you don't hear any news- it's not a bad sign. So sit tight and keep an eye on the mailbox.
This.... also apparently a lot of people last cycle got the acceptance package w/o receiving completion emails. NYU just likes to sneak-attack people I guess.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:07 am

kazu wrote:
jd2014! wrote:Just a word on the way NYU does things, at least according to last year's cycle. I originally applied RD in late October/early November, went complete Jan 07 (after December LSAT retake), and was accepted in March. I recieved an email confirming receipt of my app on 12/15, and one acknowledging completion on 1/07. There is no status checker. I got the acceptance packet in the mail after having practically forgotten about them. I think NYU just prefers to keep the communication to a minimum. Also it took them quite a while to send the initial email (about 7 weeks). So don't worry if you don't hear any news- it's not a bad sign. So sit tight and keep an eye on the mailbox.
This.... also apparently a lot of people last cycle got the acceptance package w/o receiving completion emails. NYU just likes to sneak-attack people I guess.
I would be okay with a sneak-attack acceptance.

But I don't wanna be rejected ;____;

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pocketwatcher

New

Post by pocketwatcher » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:47 pm

pocketwatcher wrote:
Question for folks who applied ED: what address did you send the ED contract to? The form lists a PO Box, but the website has a physical mailing address on Macdougal street. Just want to make sure I get it to the right place before the deadline...
Use the address on the ED form. The website has a physical address so you can find it in person, but they receive all mail in the P.O. box.

pocketwatcher

New

Post by pocketwatcher » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:49 pm

kazu wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
Just a word on the way NYU does things, at least according to last year's cycle. I originally applied RD in late October/early November, went complete Jan 07 (after December LSAT retake), and was accepted in March. I recieved an email confirming receipt of my app on 12/15, and one acknowledging completion on 1/07. There is no status checker. I got the acceptance packet in the mail after having practically forgotten about them. I think NYU just prefers to keep the communication to a minimum. Also it took them quite a while to send the initial email (about 7 weeks). So don't worry if you don't hear any news- it's not a bad sign. So sit tight and keep an eye on the mailbox.

It's better than neurotically checking the Harvard status checker every five minutes at least.

MM326

Bronze

Post by MM326 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:40 pm

pocketwatcher wrote:
kazu wrote:
jd2014! wrote:

It's better than neurotically checking the Harvard status checker every five minutes at least.
+1

Also does anyone know what the standard is for sending decision letters? Is it to the current or permanent address? I'm still in college, so I have my college address as my current and then my home address as my permanent.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:53 pm

Ehh I really need to get this app out.. It is my last one for the cycle (..unless I have a change of heart and apply to Yale.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pocketwatcher

New

Post by pocketwatcher » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:21 pm

+1

Also does anyone know what the standard is for sending decision letters? Is it to the current or permanent address? I'm still in college, so I have my college address as my current and then my home address as my permanent.
I'm about 90% sure things will go to your current address (also considered your "mailing" address). Sent out some apps to HYS last cycle and all the decision letters went to my school address and not my parents'.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Sup duders. Joining, probably will send out app with ED on Monday, fee waiver or not.

Good luck to everyone.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:41 am

Hi there! NYU is my alma mater, and I applied to the law school but don't expect to get in.

I'm sure a good chunk of you will, though, so let me know if you have any questions about the neighborhood. Good luck! :D

MM326

Bronze

Post by MM326 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Anyone know when the first acceptances usually come out? Early November, or will we have to wait till December?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”