Michigan ED 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kabuo

Re: Michigan ED 2011

Postby Kabuo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:11 pm

almostfamous wrote:
Kabuo wrote:Any movement today guys? Is it safe to say those of us who haven't heard are probably going to the regular decision pool? I kind of want to print off my UVA ED contract to reverse jinx it or something.

I don't know if it'll DEFINITELY happen, but I've completely resigned myself to a deferral. I submitted way before most of the people who have heard back already...I wish they'd deferred me back when they first knew they were going to do it though instead of waiting until the very end. I might have gotten into UVA if I'd been able to switch to ED there (I'm pretty bitter about this lol)

I feel the same way. I'm like 99% sure I'm deferred to RD, and I think they've known that for some time. I was planning on sending out a UVA ED contract in the mail on the 15th when I get the bad news though - is that not an option for you anymore? Or is EDing this late not as sure of a thing as people generally make a 172+ to be?

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Kabuo wrote:
almostfamous wrote:
Kabuo wrote:Any movement today guys? Is it safe to say those of us who haven't heard are probably going to the regular decision pool? I kind of want to print off my UVA ED contract to reverse jinx it or something.

I don't know if it'll DEFINITELY happen, but I've completely resigned myself to a deferral. I submitted way before most of the people who have heard back already...I wish they'd deferred me back when they first knew they were going to do it though instead of waiting until the very end. I might have gotten into UVA if I'd been able to switch to ED there (I'm pretty bitter about this lol)

I feel the same way. I'm like 99% sure I'm deferred to RD, and I think they've known that for some time. I was planning on sending out a UVA ED contract in the mail on the 15th when I get the bad news though - is that not an option for you anymore? Or is EDing this late not as sure of a thing as people generally make a 172+ to be?

I got dinged at UVA about two weeks ago (177/3.1). People with my numbers all got in ED, but I submitted my UVA app early with the plan of switching to ED if I got deferred at Mich...I got rejected before I got the chance (stupid of me to not wait to submit UVA's app) :?

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Ahh, that's terrible. I had the same plan as you but luckily got my apps out later due to taking the Oct LSAT I guess. It's a shame they'd probably get pissy if asked to hold your app in case you don't get into your first choice and decide to ED to them. I mean, it's sort of a business choice for us and the schools.

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Oh well, here's to the rest of us holding out a little teensy bit of hope until Wednesday!!

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Sent in my deposit!

To all EDers who haven't heard back, BELIEVE! I'm pulling for you guys! :))))

granger

Postby granger » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Losing faith, but at least we'll hear back this week.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:11 am

Another day stuck at complete here. Any luck for the rest of you?

michigandrew

Postby michigandrew » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 am

Complete here as well.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:25 am

ziggie wrote:Sent in my deposit!

To all EDers who haven't heard back, BELIEVE! I'm pulling for you guys! :))))

See my avatar.

I'd like to. I just think that because of how people have found out in the past (admitted students site a couple days before their checker went to decision), we'd have to have heard by now.

michigandrew

Postby michigandrew » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Got my "you have been moved into the regular decision cycle" letter this afternoon. Status checker still says complete. The letter was mailed on the 13th. Boo :( .

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm

michigandrew wrote:Complete here as well.

I'm complete too, still.

If we don't get in tomorrow, will the status checker update to "No Decision, Moved to Regular Decision" tomorrow? Or will there be some delay?

Could one assume if they can't get into ASW by tomorrow that they aren't in for ED?

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:35 pm

treeborn wrote:

I'm complete too, still.

If we don't get in tomorrow, will the status checker update to "No Decision, Moved to Regular Decision" tomorrow? Or will there be some delay?

Could one assume if they can't get into ASW by tomorrow that they aren't in for ED?

I talked to someone at the Admissions office today and they said they timed the letters such that we would GET them by the 15th (I had a complicated situation with the package delivery system at my undergrad being messed up, and my being out of the country for the next couple weeks -- and I was told my admissions package had been mailed on the 7th, so I'm guessing that's when others were as well).

LawSchoolPorFavor

Postby LawSchoolPorFavor » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:39 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
treeborn wrote:

I'm complete too, still.

I talked to someone at the Admissions office today and they said they timed the letters such that we would GET them by the 15th (I had a complicated situation with the package delivery system at my undergrad being messed up, and my being out of the country for the next couple weeks -- and I was told my admissions package had been mailed on the 7th, so I'm guessing that's when others were as well).

oh man, good to know. I was getting really anxious about whether or not we would actually find out by the 15th.

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:47 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
treeborn wrote:

I'm complete too, still.

I see. Do they deliver the admission/ deferral letters to your temporary address, or permanent address?

I am at home for Winter Break, so will not be back at my temporary school address until Dec 30. I'm also trying to send an ED out to UVA if Mich ED doesn't show me love, so if they send the letter to the temporary address, any advice for what I should do? I'd like to get the UVA ED letter out ASAP, ideally tomorrow if Michigan doesn't take my ED submission.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:49 pm

treeborn wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
treeborn wrote:

I'm complete too, still.

I see. Do they deliver the admission/ deferral letters to your temporary address, or permanent address?

I am at home for Winter Break, so will not be back at my temporary school address until Dec 30. I'm also trying to send an ED out to UVA if Mich ED doesn't show me love, so if they send the letter to the temporary address, any advice for what I should do? I'd like to get the UVA ED letter out ASAP, ideally tomorrow if Michigan doesn't take my ED submission.

They send it to you mailing/temporary mailbox

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:55 pm

AreJay711 wrote:They send it to you mailing/temporary mailbox

OK, so what's my best way to determine if I was deferred, without checking my temporary mailbox? hahah

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:02 pm

treeborn wrote:

OK, so what's my best way to determine if I was deferred, without checking my temporary mailbox? hahah

Maybe admitted students website but I think the status checker has a special option for ED deferred which I imagine would change by tomorrow.

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
treeborn wrote:

Maybe admitted students website but I think the status checker has a special option for ED deferred which I imagine would change by tomorrow.

Yeah, I was thinking if I can't get in ASW by tomorrow, that would be a cue.

Also, the status checker does have that option, and I do hope it changes tomorrow if I am deferred.

cortnf

Postby cortnf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm deferred to regular decision. Seems like they sent out relatively few ED acceptances, lots of deferrals.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm

treeborn wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
treeborn wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking if I can't get in ASW by tomorrow, that would be a cue.

Also, the status checker does have that option, and I do hope it changes tomorrow if I am deferred.

I had a similar situation to the above poster (though I knew I was in through ASW, but wanted confirmation), so I emailed the admissions office about my situation (undergrad mailing system stops deliveries tomorrow, and I will be out of the country till January 8th, so unable to check the mail before then), and someone from the admissions office called and confirmed that I was in, and should hopefully get the package tomorrow.

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:53 pm

cortnf wrote:I'm deferred to regular decision. Seems like they sent out relatively few ED acceptances, lots of deferrals.

how do you know?

michigandrew

Postby michigandrew » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Because we received the letter.

emoney8907

Postby emoney8907 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm

got the letter, got the "deferred"

such a blow considering i go to michigan right now for undergrad.

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Sigh, guess I can expect that letter tomorrow.

AEM2010

Postby AEM2010 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 pm

cortnf wrote:I'm deferred to regular decision. Seems like they sent out relatively few ED acceptances, lots of deferrals.

They only have 45 slots for ED, and I'm sure lots of applicants. so don't despair guys! There are lots more seats open in regular decision.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”