Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby beleaguer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm

legallyblonde137 wrote:For those of you who got a "complete" email - what was the language of the email?


it basically just says..please find your decision letter attached in pdf format.
the acceptance letter is pretty typical. congrats, you need to withdraw your other apps, see ya later

legallyblonde137
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby legallyblonde137 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 pm

beleaguer wrote:
legallyblonde137 wrote:For those of you who got a "complete" email - what was the language of the email?


it basically just says..please find your decision letter attached in pdf format.
the acceptance letter is pretty typical. congrats, you need to withdraw your other apps, see ya later


I was actually referring to a "Your Application is Complete" email - not an acceptance letter. But thanks!

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby beleaguer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:19 pm

oh, sorry!! read too fast. here it is:

Dear X:

Thank you for your continued interest in Columbia Law School. We are
excited to report to you that we have received all the required components
of your application and that your file is now complete.We will forward
your file to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate it in the order
in which it was completed. Good luck in the admissions process and we hope
to welcome you here as a member of the Class of 2014!

Best wishes,

Office of Admissions

legallyblonde137
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby legallyblonde137 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Double thanks!
Last edited by legallyblonde137 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm

legallyblonde137 wrote:
beleaguer wrote:oh, sorry!! read too fast. here it is:

Dear X:

Thank you for your continued interest in Columbia Law School. We are
excited to report to you that we have received all the required components
of your application and that your file is now complete.We will forward
your file to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate it in the order
in which it was completed. Good luck in the admissions process and we hope
to welcome you here as a member of the Class of 2014!

Best wishes,

Office of Admissions


Double thanks! The tone of this notification is super friendly/optimistic, so I was thrown off.

lol Thought they just really liked you? :roll:

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:42 pm

thecilent wrote:
legallyblonde137 wrote:
beleaguer wrote:oh, sorry!! read too fast. here it is:

Dear X:

Thank you for your continued interest in Columbia Law School. We are
excited to report to you that we have received all the required components
of your application and that your file is now complete.We will forward
your file to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate it in the order
in which it was completed. Good luck in the admissions process and we hope
to welcome you here as a member of the Class of 2014!

Best wishes,

Office of Admissions


Double thanks! The tone of this notification is super friendly/optimistic, so I was thrown off.

lol Thought they just really liked you? :roll:

Like strippers...

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
thecilent wrote:
legallyblonde137 wrote:
beleaguer wrote:oh, sorry!! read too fast. here it is:

Dear X:

Thank you for your continued interest in Columbia Law School. We are
excited to report to you that we have received all the required components
of your application and that your file is now complete.We will forward
your file to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate it in the order
in which it was completed. Good luck in the admissions process and we hope
to welcome you here as a member of the Class of 2014!

Best wishes,

Office of Admissions


Double thanks! The tone of this notification is super friendly/optimistic, so I was thrown off.

lol Thought they just really liked you? :roll:

Like strippers...

Been there before.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:57 pm

I feel like a lot of the admissions process can be related to prostitution and such...

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby trudat15 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:59 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
thecilent wrote:
legallyblonde137 wrote:
beleaguer wrote:oh, sorry!! read too fast. here it is:

Dear X:

Thank you for your continued interest in Columbia Law School. We are
excited to report to you that we have received all the required components
of your application and that your file is now complete.We will forward
your file to the Admissions Committee, which will evaluate it in the order
in which it was completed. Good luck in the admissions process and we hope
to welcome you here as a member of the Class of 2014!

Best wishes,

Office of Admissions


Double thanks! The tone of this notification is super friendly/optimistic, so I was thrown off.

lol Thought they just really liked you? :roll:

Like strippers...


Are you suggesting Fantasia, Starr and Diamond are just using me?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:06 am

trudat15 wrote:
Are you suggesting Fantasia, Starr and Diamond are just using me?

No. I'm suggesting they are holding your law school fate in their hands and truly love you. You know, just like Columbia's Office of Admissions... Nothing more. :D

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby trudat15 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:08 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Are you suggesting Fantasia, Starr and Diamond are just using me?

No. I'm suggesting they are holding your law school fate in their hands and truly love you. You know, just like Columbia's Office of Admissions... Nothing more. :D


Phew. Just wanted to confirm. Yesterday Diamond told me she loved me after I told her I was going to be a lawyer.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:09 am

trudat15 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Are you suggesting Fantasia, Starr and Diamond are just using me?

No. I'm suggesting they are holding your law school fate in their hands and truly love you. You know, just like Columbia's Office of Admissions... Nothing more. :D


Phew. Just wanted to confirm. Yesterday Diamond told me she loved me after I told her I was going to be a lawyer.

She sounds like a classy lady. Definitely a keeper!

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:25 am

K guys, tomorrow is another day and I feel some acceptances coming in. GL to all!!!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:27 am

shanemahsa wrote:K guys, tomorrow is another day and I feel some acceptances coming in. GL to all!!!


I am starting to get the feeling that you are just trying to string everyone along for another disappointment.

:P

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:51 am

shanemahsa wrote:K guys, tomorrow is another day and I feel some acceptances coming in. GL to all!!!


You are infinitely optimistic, aren't you? Either way I'm with you. Tomorrow or the next day!

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby awahoya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:12 am

Just wondering- has anyone had all of the green boxes for applications components checked off and still had a status of "completion pending"? This may be because I listed a third rec writer who due to a family issue hasn't submitted. Should I contact admiss?

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby piccolittle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:21 am

awahoya wrote:Just wondering- has anyone had all of the green boxes for applications components checked off and still had a status of "completion pending"? This may be because I listed a third rec writer who due to a family issue hasn't submitted. Should I contact admiss?


I had this until 30 November when I emailed them. They told me I was complete and under review, and I got the complete email the next day. I was ED though, so had been processing a while even though I know they had already received everything (including the contract).

User avatar
awahoya
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby awahoya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:24 am

piccolittle wrote:
awahoya wrote:Just wondering- has anyone had all of the green boxes for applications components checked off and still had a status of "completion pending"? This may be because I listed a third rec writer who due to a family issue hasn't submitted. Should I contact admiss?


I had this until 30 November when I emailed them. They told me I was complete and under review, and I got the complete email the next day. I was ED though, so had been processing a while even though I know they had already received everything (including the contract).


Hmm alrighty thank ya, it's good to know that I'm not alone! Because I'm RD I suppose I'll give it a little bit longer before shooting off the e-mail.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bdubs » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 am

awahoya wrote:Just wondering- has anyone had all of the green boxes for applications components checked off and still had a status of "completion pending"? This may be because I listed a third rec writer who due to a family issue hasn't submitted. Should I contact admiss?


I had this and when I e-mailed them they told me I had a missing component. I don't think that they have a system for doing notifications of incomplete files, so I would follow up if it's been more than 2 weeks.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:49 am

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:K guys, tomorrow is another day and I feel some acceptances coming in. GL to all!!!


You are infinitely optimistic, aren't you? Either way I'm with you. Tomorrow or the next day!


Optimistic, desperate...what's the difference?

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:21 am

Maybe if I follow Vertex's example and announce that today could be the big day, I'll get my decision like he/she did.

So... today could be the big day, hold on to your hats! :mrgreen:

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 am

T6Hopeful wrote:Maybe if I follow Vertex's example and announce that today could be the big day, I'll get my decision like he/she did.

So... today could be the big day, hold on to your hats! :mrgreen:

Lol, you know, that's kinda what I was going for--if slightly more discreetly ;)

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hoping » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:07 pm

still nothing...I guess tomorrow...? any chance they come out later today? anyone else (ed) go complete on 11/30?

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:16 pm

hoping wrote:still nothing...I guess tomorrow...? any chance they come out later today? anyone else (ed) go complete on 11/30?


I didn't go complete quite THAT late but about 11/23 or 11/24 I went complete and I haven't heard back yet. Also I can only find one instance in recent Columbia history of consecutive releases but releases two days apart are fairly common and since the release yesterday was small I'm expecting to hear another decision Wednesday or Thursday. That doesn't mean there's no chance of a release later today though I would say the odds are very low.

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hoping » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 pm

thanks for the insight!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”