Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lateblooming
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby lateblooming » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:08 am

if I'm on reserve with a 168 and below median GPA, perhaps that means they're just a little more desperate for candidates this year? not that I have a prayer, but those of you with higher numbers might. best of luck¡

User avatar
math101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby math101 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:42 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Just Reserved by email!! Applied late October, held in Feb, reserved just now! So grateful to be able to cross this one off my list and focus on how excited I am to go to Mich. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!


+1 on all points. So excited for Michigan!

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:33 am

math101 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Just Reserved by email!! Applied late October, held in Feb, reserved just now! So grateful to be able to cross this one off my list and focus on how excited I am to go to Mich. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!


+1 on all points. So excited for Michigan!


Cool. Be sure to withdraw, yea?

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:58 am

So that I can add another thread to already overflowing speculations,

I'd like to think that Columbia Hold list is like a survival game.

Since I haven't seen anyone who's gotten in on April (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to stand corrected), whoever survives each day makes it to next round, so more we don't hear from them, I'd like to think that I made it on to next round... however round there may be.. and however many people still left standing... and however many people will actually cross the admit line..

or maybe I'm just totally unrealistically foolish right now.

Edit: so it does look like someone got in on April. well, I still like my theory and sticking with it. lol.
Last edited by pulandasu on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

expat17
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby expat17 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:03 am

anyone else ED deferred and still waiting?

i read of one ED deferred getting admitted in April, but I think that will be it. In the letter they told us we should find out in April ... that leaves us one more week for the rest of us to be undecided-ly put on reserve!

note to CLS: instead of using the "hold" function differently this year, i would appreciate it if you instead used the "rejection" function correctly ... put us all out of our miseries already! you never use your reserve list anyways!

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:04 am

expat17 wrote:anyone else ED deferred and still waiting?

i read of one ED deferred getting admitted in April, but I think that will be it. In the letter they told us we should find out in April ... that leaves us one more week for the rest of us to be undecided-ly put on reserve!

note to CLS: instead of using the "hold" function differently this year, i would appreciate it if you instead used the "rejection" function correctly ... put us all out of our miseries already! you never use your reserve list anyways!


+1

Yeah, Columbia is notorious for putting everyone on reserve.

expat17
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby expat17 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:13 am

pulandasu wrote:
expat17 wrote:anyone else ED deferred and still waiting?

i read of one ED deferred getting admitted in April, but I think that will be it. In the letter they told us we should find out in April ... that leaves us one more week for the rest of us to be undecided-ly put on reserve!

note to CLS: instead of using the "hold" function differently this year, i would appreciate it if you instead used the "rejection" function correctly ... put us all out of our miseries already! you never use your reserve list anyways!


+1

Yeah, Columbia is notorious for putting everyone on reserve.



i seriously don't see the point. either i fit or i don't. come on, CLS, you can't have 400 pending applicants that you're still "considering" to round out your class + have a reserve list of 1,000!

face it, you're just not that in to me. send me some chocolate easter eggs and let's call it a day / cycle.

oopspowsurprise
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby oopspowsurprise » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 am

expat17 wrote:anyone else ED deferred and still waiting?

i read of one ED deferred getting admitted in April, but I think that will be it. In the letter they told us we should find out in April ... that leaves us one more week for the rest of us to be undecided-ly put on reserve!

note to CLS: instead of using the "hold" function differently this year, i would appreciate it if you instead used the "rejection" function correctly ... put us all out of our miseries already! you never use your reserve list anyways!


i'm in this limbo too

i've said screw it and i've already given my deposit to Emory. if it ends up that I get into Columbia, I'll go, but I've moved on basically.

User avatar
math101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby math101 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:50 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
math101 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Just Reserved by email!! Applied late October, held in Feb, reserved just now! So grateful to be able to cross this one off my list and focus on how excited I am to go to Mich. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!


+1 on all points. So excited for Michigan!


Cool. Be sure to withdraw, yea?


Naturally. Will be withdrawing from Columbia and Chicago WLs tomorrow. For the moment, I am basking in my ability to dent (but not break) CCN :lol: .

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ebeth » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:22 am

So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby incompetentia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am

This seems to be par for the course at CLS.


I think I'm going to actually stay on the WL...we'll see what happens down the road.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am

math101 wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
math101 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Just Reserved by email!! Applied late October, held in Feb, reserved just now! So grateful to be able to cross this one off my list and focus on how excited I am to go to Mich. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!


+1 on all points. So excited for Michigan!


Cool. Be sure to withdraw, yea?


Naturally. Will be withdrawing from Columbia and Chicago WLs tomorrow. For the moment, I am basking in my ability to dent (but not break) CCN :lol: .


I was really hoping that CLS would give me my first ding of the cycle. I wanted to be able to post in the Ding bar. Unfortunately, they simply were not willing to do me that honor.

I'll guess I'll have to settle for undefeated.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bdubs » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 am

ebeth wrote:So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*


Where is the reserve response form? I got a reserve letter snail mail and never really read it. I have no desire to remain on the waitlist.

Edit: Never mind, I found the form. For those who are looking it is here https://www-app.law.columbia.edu/webportal/reserves/displayReserveForm.act?reservePool=1stReserve
Last edited by bdubs on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ebeth » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:26 am

bdubs wrote:
ebeth wrote:So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*


Where is the reserve response form? I got a reserve letter snail mail and never really read it. I have no desire to remain on the waitlist.


In the pdf attached to the email I got yesterday, they included a link to the form. Should be in your letter as well.

User avatar
khodorko
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby khodorko » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 am

ebeth wrote:So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*


That's a huge fail. I had the same issue with the website so I just emailed them asking to withdraw, let's see if they get it right or not!

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ebeth » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 am

khodorko wrote:
ebeth wrote:So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*


That's a huge fail. I had the same issue with the website so I just emailed them asking to withdraw, let's see if they get it right or not!


Please let us/me know when they get back to you!

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby bdubs » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 am

ebeth wrote:
bdubs wrote:
ebeth wrote:So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*


Where is the reserve response form? I got a reserve letter snail mail and never really read it. I have no desire to remain on the waitlist.


In the pdf attached to the email I got yesterday, they included a link to the form. Should be in your letter as well.


PS - the form worked fine for me today.

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 pm

So quiet on Columbia's thread.

on LSN, we still have 1.5 pages of pending people (granted that not all pendings have updated)

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jrose5 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:08 pm

pulandasu wrote:So quiet on Columbia's thread.

on LSN, we still have 1.5 pages of pending people (granted that not all pendings have updated)

According to LSN, last year, decisions went out until the very end of April.

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 pm

jrose5 wrote:
pulandasu wrote:So quiet on Columbia's thread.

on LSN, we still have 1.5 pages of pending people (granted that not all pendings have updated)

According to LSN, last year, decisions went out until the very end of April.


Yep - I think keeping people in the dark is one thing, but I don't like the idea of their not keeping "we'll let you know by April 22nd" deadline notice... it's a breach of contract!

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby incompetentia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Judging by the numbers in this thread, I'd imagine that they should be able to meet that 4/22 deadline.

This is what the 5/11 waitlist is for. :roll: :lol:

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 pm

incompetentia wrote:Judging by the numbers in this thread, I'd imagine that they should be able to meet that 4/22 deadline.

This is what the 5/11 waitlist is for. :roll: :lol:


haha, if you mean by the "numbers" (aka the index/gpa/lsat), I definitely fall into the <25%/<50%/<50%...

I don't understand why it's taking them this long for me..

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Any consensus on what to do if the website doesn't recognize you (yet)? Is email wise or just wait a day and see if it fixes itself before bothering the adcomm?

antonin
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby antonin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

ebeth wrote:So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*



Nothing strange there.
They know that you do not mean it.

PancakeMonster
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby PancakeMonster » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Just tried to withdraw from the waitlist also - "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database."

Thanks Columbia, you really wanna leave me in limbo forever!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests