Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TLSNYC

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:12 pm

I know this involves a lot of assumptions, but last cycle on LSN, 17 people were admitted via ED. This cycle only 6 so far. Assuming (and I realize this is a stretch) that applicants for ED, quality of applicants, and representation of those applicants on LSN is proportional, we still have at least some more ED acceptances. I certainly don't think it's wise to suggest exactly how many more, but it is reassuring to know that there is probably at least a somewhat sizable amount of acceptances to go out.

Nola

Postby Nola » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Is it possible to get accepted via snail mail with no email accompanied?

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:15 pm

I just got an email on my Droid and I almost jumped out of my chair. I found out it was only an email from Netflix telling me my next DVD has shipped. I need to relax...

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:16 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:I just got an email on my Droid and I almost jumped out of my chair. I found out it was only an email from Netflix telling me my next DVD has shipped. I need to relax...

Maybe you were just really excited about the movie

hoping

Postby hoping » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:16 pm

does anyone know if ed answers come out according to when you applied? I only went complete on 11/30 does that mean my "batch" of responses comes out towrds the end of dec?

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:17 pm

hoping wrote:does anyone know if ed answers come out according to when you applied? I only went complete on 11/30 does that mean my "batch" of responses comes out towrds the end of dec?

Don't think so -- it's been pretty diverse. Check out complete dates for LSN decisions so far:
http://columbia.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... =3&type=jd

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:25 pm

TLSNYC wrote:I know this involves a lot of assumptions, but last cycle on LSN, 17 people were admitted via ED. This cycle only 6 so far. Assuming (and I realize this is a stretch) that applicants for ED, quality of applicants, and representation of those applicants on LSN is proportional, we still have at least some more ED acceptances. I certainly don't think it's wise to suggest exactly how many more, but it is reassuring to know that there is probably at least a somewhat sizable amount of acceptances to go out.

Unfortunately this assumes that all acceptances that have gone out have been posted by the users. It is the middle of the day and most people are in class or working and do not have computer access. Therefore there may have been MANY more acceptances today than we know of.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:I just got an email on my Droid and I almost jumped out of my chair. I found out it was only an email from Netflix telling me my next DVD has shipped. I need to relax...

Same thing happened to me with an email from regents

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:29 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:I know this involves a lot of assumptions, but last cycle on LSN, 17 people were admitted via ED. This cycle only 6 so far. Assuming (and I realize this is a stretch) that applicants for ED, quality of applicants, and representation of those applicants on LSN is proportional, we still have at least some more ED acceptances. I certainly don't think it's wise to suggest exactly how many more, but it is reassuring to know that there is probably at least a somewhat sizable amount of acceptances to go out.

Unfortunately this assumes that all acceptances that have gone out have been posted by the users. It is the middle of the day and most people are in class or working and do not have computer access. Therefore there may have been MANY more acceptances today than we know of.

Definitely a fair point and I'll concede that I'm not exactly applying a rigorous scientific method, haha. I just wanted to give myself hope that there are at least a few more acceptances going out :?

EDIT: a couple of grammar fails

bryannance

Postby bryannance » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Looks like another acceptance on LSN
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/kiniru

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 pm

bryannance wrote:Looks like another acceptance on LSN

Saw that, but it looks like that person got accepted on the last wave.

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 pm

TLSNYC wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:

Definitely a fair point and I'll concede that I'm not exactly applying a rigorous scientific method, haha. I just wanted to give myself hope that there are at least a few more acceptances going out :?

EDIT: a couple of grammar fails

I'm with you haha. I'm still waiting on an acceptance. Every round that goes by makes me more and more certain I won't be getting one though and makes me want to pull my hair out more and more! :( Regardless, best of luck to both of us!

kiniru

Postby kiniru » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:41 pm

ya thats me.. I couldn't log in to LSN because of a stupid "sessions error" until now.. still no paper letter yet though

good luck!! I personally thought my numbers were borderline... :) so you never know

Nola

Postby Nola » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Why can't they just send something out letting us no that they are done with emails for the day? Anybody know if all ED acceptances are sent out via email? Can you get one without getting the email?

bryannance

Postby bryannance » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:46 pm

kiniru wrote:

ya thats me.. I couldn't log in to LSN because of a stupid "sessions error" until now.. still no paper letter yet though

good luck!! I personally thought my numbers were borderline... :) so you never know

Ahh, got it. And you had great numbers. I'd love to have a 174 under my belt. Congrats, btw!

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Nola wrote:Why can't they just send something out letting us no that they are done with emails for the day? Anybody know if all ED acceptances are sent out via email? Can you get one without getting the email?

I'm pretty sure that they are ALL released by email. Which means if you didn't get the email you probably won't be getting a paper one barring an error with your email address or something like that.

BTW anyone else holding out for a second 430PM release today? Proooobably hopeless but whatever.

Nola

Postby Nola » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:50 pm

When do they typically start rejecting us?

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:52 pm

So what are people's guesses regarding the order in which acceptances are being sent out? From what I've seen, CLS is all over the place w/ LSAT scores and GPA's, some being auto-admits, and some being borderline. My guess would be completion date, since it looks like most acceptances were completed before 11/15.

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:So what are people's guesses regarding the order in which acceptances are being sent out? From what I've seen, CLS is all over the place w/ LSAT scores and GPA's, some being auto-admits, and some being borderline. My guess would be completion date, since it looks like most acceptances were completed before 11/15.

Since I went complete 11/23 or something I am going to go ahead and agree with you :lol:

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:54 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:So what are people's guesses regarding the order in which acceptances are being sent out? From what I've seen, CLS is all over the place w/ LSAT scores and GPA's, some being auto-admits, and some being borderline. My guess would be completion date, since it looks like most acceptances were completed before 11/15.

Since I went complete 11/23 or something I am going to go ahead and agree with you :lol:

Don't they have to be complete/submitted before 11/15? Wasn't that the ED deadline? (Forgive me if I'm wrong!)

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:58 pm

TLSNYC wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:

Don't they have to be complete/submitted before 11/15? Wasn't that the ED deadline? (Forgive me if I'm wrong!)

I understand your confusion, I was pretty worried when it was all going down. What happened is I submitted on time (they received it the day they were due) but it didn't actually go complete until about a week later. I called a couple times and they have confirmed that I will be considered for ED so your completion time can be, in my experience, as much of a week after the ED deadline as long as they receive everything by the deadline.

calvmpv

Postby calvmpv » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Nola wrote:Why can't they just send something out letting us no that they are done with emails for the day?

Depression is starting to sink in...bahhhh.
I really wish they would do this so I can stop compulsively checking my phone. I am at the mercy of my e-mail refresh button.
Last edited by calvmpv on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Kili wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:So what are people's guesses regaarding the order in which acceptances are being sent out? From what I've seen, CLS is all over the place w/ LSAT scores and GPA's, some being auto-admits, and some being borderline. My guess would be completion date, since it looks like most acceptances were completed before 11/15.

Submitted by then, not necessarily complete by then.

Sigh. I'm feeling an incoming waitlist from them and NYU. :cry:

I am reeeaalllyy banking on the fact that they read and decide upon applications in the order in which they were submitted. Otherwise, I have a feeling I will be in a shithole as far as admission chances go.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”