Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm

BrightLine wrote:For me they sent an email with a scanned copy of a letter which came 2 days letter in the "VCE"


Right. But for example, with schools that are predictable in how they give certain decisions (ex. call = in, letter = out/WL), those things are easier to be prepared for. Whereas CLS just straight up switched up its game in the middle of the cycle. Anyway, I guess we're both somewhat biased though, eh? The viewpoints of someone who is already in and that of someone still waiting are sure to have points of disagreement. ;)

llamaman
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby llamaman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:16 pm

jrose5 wrote:
melamine wrote:have there been any march holds with responses yet?

I've been keeping up with this thread pretty closely and no, I don't believe so.


Sorry to add a new wrinkle to all the theorizing, but I was held in March and reserved yesterday.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:20 pm

llamaman wrote:
jrose5 wrote:
melamine wrote:have there been any march holds with responses yet?

I've been keeping up with this thread pretty closely and no, I don't believe so.


Sorry to add a new wrinkle to all the theorizing, but I was held in March and reserved yesterday.


Well, all previous theories are now heavily contested.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ahduth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Confused7 wrote:
BrightLine wrote:
Confused7 wrote:I have to say without a doubt that CLS' process has been the most non-transparent, frustrating one for me this cycle.



What does transparent v non transparent in the context of law school admissions? How is CLS better or worse than anyone else?


I was referring to the fact that CLS' status check is basically useless after you go complete and their sudden switch-up of sending emails v.s. VCEs for decisions in the middle of the cycle was unexpected. I was previously held at HLS as well, but at least HLS has been steadily giving answers to their holds whereas I think CLS is really holding onto us until April 22nd. Again, this is just my experience as I've obviously only applied to a limited number of schools.


My favorite part was where they pissed off a million candidates by holding them all at once. I guess that was just a TLS phenomenon, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby BrightLine » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Confused7 wrote:
BrightLine wrote:For me they sent an email with a scanned copy of a letter which came 2 days letter in the "VCE"


Right. But for example, with schools that are predictable in how they give certain decisions (ex. call = in, letter = out/WL), those things are easier to be prepared for. Whereas CLS just straight up switched up its game in the middle of the cycle. Anyway, I guess we're both somewhat biased though, eh? The viewpoints of someone who is already in and that of someone still waiting are sure to have points of disagreement. ;)



Could be, but I wasn't disagreeing, only asking.

Best of luck.

meryl
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby meryl » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm

I reminded them of the scholarship deadline of Apr 15th today and got an e-mail back with Reserve. Withdrew

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Zabini » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:36 pm

IN!!!!!!! OMFG, did not see this coming at all. Very very excited right now.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Zabini wrote:IN!!!!!!! OMFG, did not see this coming at all. Very very excited right now.


Congrats! Held or forgotten?

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Zabini » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:38 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Zabini wrote:IN!!!!!!! OMFG, did not see this coming at all. Very very excited right now.


Congrats! Held or forgotten?


Neither, I applied in February.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Zabini wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
Zabini wrote:IN!!!!!!! OMFG, did not see this coming at all. Very very excited right now.


Congrats! Held or forgotten?


Neither, I applied in February.


That's legit my dude

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Zabini » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Thank you, I'm really excited by this. This is my first t14 acceptance.

capsman11
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby capsman11 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Held in February, just put on reserve.

almostfamous
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby almostfamous » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:56 pm

capsman11 wrote:Held in February, just put on reserve.


+1

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Zabini wrote:Thank you, I'm really excited by this. This is my first t14 acceptance.

Wow! Congrats. Good place to start.

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ilovemulch » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 pm

capsman11 wrote:Held in February, just put on reserve.


ugh, sorry capsman...that's lame. Hey, sorry to derail thread but you were the one I was supposed to meet in the lobby of the crowne plaza at penn ASW, right?!

capsman11
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby capsman11 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:01 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
capsman11 wrote:Held in February, just put on reserve.


ugh, sorry capsman...that's lame. Hey, sorry to derail thread but you were the one I was supposed to meet in the lobby of the crowne plaza at penn ASW, right?!



Ha, i sure was. No worries, everything went juuuuust fine. So much so that I'll be going to Penn. Thank you Columbia Reserve for making that decision easier.

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ilovemulch » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm

capsman11 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
capsman11 wrote:Held in February, just put on reserve.


ugh, sorry capsman...that's lame. Hey, sorry to derail thread but you were the one I was supposed to meet in the lobby of the crowne plaza at penn ASW, right?!



Ha, i sure was. No worries, everything went juuuuust fine. So much so that I'll be going to Penn. Thank you Columbia Reserve for making that decision easier.


Hahah nice, i was gonna ask about that! I think I'm 99% goign to Penn too (just waiting for the confirmation from cls/nyu...it's only been 6 or 7 mos now...)

User avatar
OutCold
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby OutCold » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:11 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
capsman11 wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
capsman11 wrote:Held in February, just put on reserve.


ugh, sorry capsman...that's lame. Hey, sorry to derail thread but you were the one I was supposed to meet in the lobby of the crowne plaza at penn ASW, right?!



Ha, i sure was. No worries, everything went juuuuust fine. So much so that I'll be going to Penn. Thank you Columbia Reserve for making that decision easier.


Hahah nice, i was gonna ask about that! I think I'm 99% goign to Penn too (just waiting for the confirmation from cls/nyu...it's only been 6 or 7 mos now...)


+1 see you guys there. (still waiting on the same two schools...)

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby amkid100 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:15 pm

reserved just now :/ it was a long shot. i vastly underperformed in oct and got a 168...should i retake? or will they not really care?

texaskk
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby texaskk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:16 pm

After 6 months and 1 day of being forgotten, finally placed on Reserve via email today. Thanks a lot CLS.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:16 pm

amkid100 wrote:reserved just now :/ it was a long shot. i vastly underperformed in oct and got a 168...should i retake? or will they not really care?


The retake depends on how much time you have and what your current options are as of right now.

die Zauberflote
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby die Zauberflote » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:16 pm

"Held" in February and "Reserved" today. So is "reserve" basically their wait-list? I'm not sure if I'm going to stay in the running. How is life for people with families at Columbia? Is it at all hospitable to spouses who aren't acclimated to city life?

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Hannibal » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 pm

capsman11 wrote:Held in February, just put on reserve.


+1, finally.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Hannibal wrote:
capsman11 wrote:Held in February, just put on reserve.


+1, finally.


+1. Considering now replying with my snarky post.

padthai
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby padthai » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Congrats Zabini!
Really sorry to all the reserves :( But looks like you all have great options (Penn, Mich, NYU etc)
I am beyond afraid of my inbox right now...I feel my time is coming.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, greengrass, jhatche2, Leahmealone, NotAGolfer, packerboy31489 and 17 guests