Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ChriLa425 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Yeah lawbird is right.
Last edited by ChriLa425 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hoping » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:06 pm

has anyone had any luck negotiating scholarship? who should i email to tell them about competing offers? thanks!

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jrose5 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Are any Feb holds still waiting on a decisions? I was just wondering how soon it'll be until we March holds get an answer.

Thanks. Good luck everybody!

shouldvegoneforanMBA
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shouldvegoneforanMBA » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:30 pm

2/2 hold still waiting with deposit deadlines coming up on friday

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Confused7 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Held in Feb. and waiting on decision as well...

lawscholar20
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby lawscholar20 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:29 pm

jrose5 wrote:Are any Feb holds still waiting on a decisions? I was just wondering how soon it'll be until we March holds get an answer.

Thanks. Good luck everybody!

Held 3/16. Sent in LOCI, Updated transcripts, and additional LOR. Do you get the message Columbia?!?!? :D Are the March holds at a disadvantage? It seems they are going in order of the hold placements.

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby c_dubya_s » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Held in early Feb (2/4 maybe?), sent in a LOCI, crickets since...

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:22 am

Just withdrew. I hope my spot goes to another forgotten TLSer!!!!! And by that I mean texaskk of course!

expat17
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby expat17 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:16 am

law monkey - can i ask where you're going instead?

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby mcweanis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 am

expat17 wrote:law monkey - can i ask where you're going instead?


she's got a root at nyu! so that's where she's going

texaskk
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby texaskk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:49 am

law_monkey wrote:Just withdrew. I hope my spot goes to another forgotten TLSer!!!!! And by that I mean texaskk of course!



Awww! Thanks law_monkey you're the best! Have fun at NYU-- I'm going up there for ASW this coming weekend so there's a chance we'll end up there together!

snowkat
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby snowkat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:49 am

Just admitted. Complete 1/28, held in Feb. PM for numbers if you want.

User avatar
canes
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby canes » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Just put on reserve.

This is frustrating.

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby BrightLine » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:02 pm

In via email.

I applied Feb 14 at 11:30 pm, complete mid march.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jrose5 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Congratulations to the new admits!

supahstahxruv
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby supahstahxruv » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Yeah, congrats everyone!

Does anyone know if these emails are going out in batches or just as a slow trickle?

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:27 pm

supahstahxruv wrote:Yeah, congrats everyone!

Does anyone know if these emails are going out in batches or just as a slow trickle?


Appears to be a slow and random trickle.

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby hoping » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

congrats all admits!! new and old :) does anyone know if all merit awards ar given in original acceptance packet and if there is nothing there does that mean you did not qualify for emrit based?

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:30 pm

RJ127 wrote:
supahstahxruv wrote:Yeah, congrats everyone!

Does anyone know if these emails are going out in batches or just as a slow trickle?


Appears to be a slow and random trickle.

I hope you get in my dude. Make that choice a little harder on you.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
supahstahxruv wrote:Yeah, congrats everyone!

Does anyone know if these emails are going out in batches or just as a slow trickle?


Appears to be a slow and random trickle.

I hope you get in my dude. Make that choice a little harder on you.


Thanks brah, I'll be in NYC regardless but CLS would be a very nice pull. You uptown-bound for sure?

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:36 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
supahstahxruv wrote:Yeah, congrats everyone!

Does anyone know if these emails are going out in batches or just as a slow trickle?


Appears to be a slow and random trickle.

I hope you get in my dude. Make that choice a little harder on you.


Thanks brah, I'll be in NYC regardless but CLS would be a very nice pull. You uptown-bound for sure?

Pending one school yeah, but I have faith that school will come through.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Pending one school yeah, but I have faith that school will come through.

Me and you both.

User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby NikaneOkie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 pm

I withdrew yesterday. I hope someone else hears back soon too!

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby incompetentia » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Out of town for over a week, I get back and still no info. Who's still here? I see my friends?

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:10 pm

incompetentia wrote:Out of town for over a week, I get back and still no info. Who's still here? I see my friends?


I'm held. Still waiting for my rejection.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: harmcharm, hweigel, lawlessmd, Snowjon and 22 guests